[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I trigger the rival battle at route 22? The earlier one?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: Blue-original.png (51 KB, 100x305) Image search: [Google]
Blue-original.png
51 KB, 100x305
How do I trigger the rival battle at route 22?

The earlier one?
Yes not showing up and I want him to have a jolteon later on and if I skip this then he won't.
>>
>>25671921
>blue
His name is Gary
>>
After you've given the parcel to Oak.
>>
bumping this.

I think there's a certain point where it's missible.
>>
>>25671925
His name is Blue, cockmagnet.
>>
>>25671933
Just do it before you head into Viridian Forest and you're good.
>>
Before Brock.
>>
>>25671929
>>25671945
Nope.

He isn't showing.
Haven't been to varidian yet.
>>
It's random.
75% of the time he won't be there.
>>
File: 200pxAdventures.png (66 KB, 200x267) Image search: [Google]
200pxAdventures.png
66 KB, 200x267
>>25671941
No, this is Blue
>>
>>25671960
How can you have delivered the parcel if you haven't been to Veridian yet?
How did you even get to route 22 without going through Veridian?
>>
>>25671997
Correct.

"Green" is the actual male rival, as he is in Japan.
This girl is either "leaf" or blue, but the male rival is certainly not blue.
>>
>>25672018
Not him but I delivered the parcel and haven't been to varidian.
He is not there.

I'll try again.
Seribii says it's available until getting the first badge.
>>
Try catching more Pokemon with dark balls
>>
>>25672026
Veridian is literally where you get the parcel. The only way to get to route 22 is through Veridian.
>>
this has got to be bait, there's no way someone can be retarded enough to not be able to trigger this battle
>>
>>25672037
the pester ball is not a capture device and should not be in this image.
>>
>>25672041
I meant varidian forest.

>>25672063
The question is at what point it becomes missible.
>>
>>25671925
>>25671997
>>25672021

Pokémon was first released as a video game for the game boy. This makes the main series games, pokemon Red, Blue, Green, and their following games in the franchise (Gold, Silver, Ruby, Sapphire, etc) the official canon of the pokemon series. Not only is Blue an option for the rival's name, but in games following this that are a part of the main series such as Gold, Silver, and Black and White 2, the same character appears and is referred to as Blue in all copies of the game aside from the Japanese and Korean games, to which he is referred to as Green. So if you play any game aside from the Japanese or Korean copies of pokemon this character's official name is Blue.
>>
>>25672154
Gary is also an option, which is uncannon.

His name is green
>>
It's a random trigger
>>
>>25672170
Are you Japanese? Do you exclusively play the Japanese copies? If not, then his name is Blue. Let me guess, do you call the series "Pocketto Monsuta", or the main character of the anime "Satoshi", or the final evolution of the fire Kanto starter "Lizardon"?
>>
>>25671960
>>25672026
>>25671960
>>25672088

It's viridian

>>25672018
>>25672041

>veridian
Is this a new shitty meme?
>>
a quick run through on pokemon red on an emulator just showed that the rival can be encountered at any point in time in between having received the pokedex with your rival and beating brock. If you go to that area before or after you won't trigger the battle but any time during that you can, so you can go all the way through to pewter city then go all the way back and fight him just as long as you dont have the badge.
>>
>>25672170
Stupid faggot.
>>
>>25672288
>a quick run through on pokemon red on an emulator just showed that the rival can be encountered at any point in time in between having received the pokedex with your rival and beating brock. If you go to that area before or after you won't trigger the battle but any time during that you can, so you can go all the way through to pewter city then go all the way back and fight him just as long as you dont have the badge.
Thanks anon!
>>
>>25672210
yeah
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.