[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>wanna play Pokemon with friends >ask one for a battle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 407x286) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 407x286
>wanna play Pokemon with friends
>ask one for a battle
>he completely destroys me with his injected, max IV's and EV's perfected team
>I say fuck battling, I just like to play the games' story mode
>ask really close friend if he wants to run through Red and Blue on the VC with me, just for fun
>"sure anon, sounds cool! So what kind of nuzlocke are we doing, no heals or no poke centers? We're getting rid of ours starters too, right?"
Is there no way to enjoy Pokemon games without going completely balls to the wall in one aspect or another? Why is it okay for people to play through Final Fantasy or any other RPG just to play the game, but doing that with Pokemon makes you an autistic scrub?
>>
Pokemon doesn't design itself like the rest, unfortunately.

That said, during my playthroughs I've noticed the fact that you can pretty much form whatever party you want ingame gives it enough charm for me.
>>
File: 1420156436468.png (21 KB, 805x729) Image search: [Google]
1420156436468.png
21 KB, 805x729
face it anon normal play is too easy and not fun
>>
Because the game is designed for little kids so we have to create a challenge
>>
>>25670802
Why didn't you discuss what kind of battle to have first
>>
>>25670802
Theres no competition with FF. Theres hardly a community for that shit. I mean fucking pokemon has its own board here. Just doing story is basic entry shit. If youre going to have a community you gotta do something else than just story.

Still pretty gay for them to destroy you so hard. If it was me, Id probably have 2vs5 match if I knew they were under powered
>>
>>25670802
Vanilla games are boring because they're too easy, at least spin offs like Mystery Dungeon manage to be somewhat entertaining
>>
>>25670802
Pokemon is much more simple than any other RPG I know of. It's just mindless. Everything that I know is much more complex and more engaging, and that's plot alone. The tactics needed, though, don't ever get more complex than Pokemon already is, unless it has to do with attacking a specific target. Frankly, if you want to play the game alone, it's something that you can do within a few hours and then there's nothing else to do with it.
>>
>>25670802
>no heals
>no poke centers
>getting rid of starters
wow. what kind of friend you have?
>>
The best challenge is just going in super underleveled.
>>
File: DPP-Cover.png (1 MB, 1200x1000) Image search: [Google]
DPP-Cover.png
1 MB, 1200x1000
>>25670829
>>
>>25670802
Well, you get get a backbone and just play how you want.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.