[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pokken Tournament Discussion Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 68
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 411x615) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 411x615
Now with 100% less rosterfaggotry

Post your
>main
>secondary
>assist set
>favorite stage
>Pokemon that gives you the most trouble
>>
File: Pokken Stuff.png (379 KB, 561x478) Image search: [Google]
Pokken Stuff.png
379 KB, 561x478
i don't have a Secondary yet,I'm not sure if I'll even get one
>favorite Stage
Blue dome
but Fugs stage is pretty nice
>Pokemon that Gives you most trouble
CPU charizard kinda wreck my shit
>>
>>25669385
Suicune
No one yet, but I'm leaning towards Pikachu
Jirachi and Whimsicott is pretty sweet
Blue Dome definitely
Fuck Garchomps and their Digs and wall combos
>>
Also, turns out Pokken DOES, in fact, have high and low hits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUoSQg4d1R8

We superior limb based combat now?
>>
Blaziken
Not sure, kinda thinking Garchomp though, I'll just have to keep testing characters.
Snivy and Lapras
So far, Winter Old Ferrum Town is the best I can think of. Haven't unlocked them all yet.
Garchomp probably.
>>
are there types and effectiveness in Pokken?
>>
File: hauntedhouse.jpg (63 KB, 810x454) Image search: [Google]
hauntedhouse.jpg
63 KB, 810x454
>>25670032
not in traditional sense, no

the game's lore is that in the Ferrum region the trainers participate in special "Ferrum Battles" - as long as the Pokemon remain inside the golden ring, their normal type effectivenesses are ignored
>>
I'm not very good or knowledgeable since I can only play it at my friend'said place (paying bills is tough yo) but here goes

>main
Chandelure
>secondary
Toss up between Garchomp and Sceptile
>assist set
Eevee and Frogadier
>favourite stage
The volcano one
>toughest MUCH
FUCKING SUICUNES ATTACKS BASICALLY 3HKO CHANDELURE REEEE
>>
File: pepe szampan.jpg (173 KB, 788x685) Image search: [Google]
pepe szampan.jpg
173 KB, 788x685
If Charizard is so popular how come I never see him online?
>>
File: 1457995247577.jpg (275 KB, 1280x1575) Image search: [Google]
1457995247577.jpg
275 KB, 1280x1575
So how "competitive" is this game? Kind of just want to play it for fun. Smash has run my competitive spirit into the ground.
>>
File: 1458627963492.png (126 KB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
1458627963492.png
126 KB, 557x605
Reminder that Weavile can attack people on their wakeup mostly fearlessly because if they wake up with counter you can react and cancel into taunt and murder them
>>
http://n4g.com/news/1880844/pokken-tournament-more-like-copykken-tournament
>>
I'm still not completely sure who I want to invest my time in. I'm stuck between Blaziken and Braixen.
>>
>>25670337
Garchomp and Blaziken have better wake up and Punish game

Weavile size and Consistent combo game what makes it good
>>
>>25669385
>Main
Braixen
>Secondary
Lucario. Debating whether or not to make him my main now. I've had a bit more success on online ranked with him. Don't get me wrong I love Braixen but when I use her online I always get fucking bodied
>Assist set
Eevee/Sylveon for Braixen, Cubone for Lucario
>Favourite stage
Blue Dome
Chandelure, Garchomp, and probably Weavile too.
>>
I've decided to main Blaziken but who should my secondary be and what support sets are recommended for Blaziken?
>>
>>25670329
the roster is balanced and it has a surprising amount of deph >>25669432

i'm not fully convinced it will stick around though
>>
>>25670431
I haven't played around with Blaziken a lot but the Jirachi/Whimsicott support seems to be good in theory. A lot of his attacks cause recoil, which is partially fixed by Whimsicott (it restores HP like Cresselia). Whimsicott also allows him to ignore weaker projectiles (like Braixen's annoying fire balls) allowing him to approach the opponents safely. Jirachi is an all-around solid choice since it increases the Synergy Gauge (quicker bursts = higher damage output and free HP restore) and attack power.
>>
Time to learn Shadow Mewtwo until the next patch
>>
>>25669385
>Main
Braixen
I'm trying my best to not be a filthy spammer, but I also like winning games...

>Secondary
Garchomp
SUPER fun to play as! I'd really like to git gud with him.

>Assist
Reshi/Cress

>Stage
Blue Dome

CPU Blaziken can fuck me up.
>>
Who has hottest alt? I say Pikachu
>>
>>25670329
They'll rope you into getting competitive over every single thing in life
Remember you, and everyone, has freedom of choice
>>
>>25669385
>main
Chandelure... yeah, I spam.

>secondary
Braixen. She's pretty easy to control.

>assist set
Usually Reshiram/Cresselia, but I sometimes go with Croagunk/Sylveon and Mismagius/Ninetales.

>favorite stage
Mystery Carnival and Diggersby Land.

It switches between Charizard and Lucario.
>>
>Braixen
>Suicune
>Frogatier/Eevee
>Neos at Night
>Garchomp
>>
>>25670378
Is this supposed to be bad? I actually think it's really neat.
>>
>>25669385
>>main
Blaziken
>>secondary
None yet, maybe Lucario
>>assist set
Still going through them, I do like Cubone/Digglet though
>>favorite stage
Haunted House or Tellur Town (Autumn)
>>Pokemon that gives you the most trouble
Everyone I'm a scrub
>>
FINE! I FUCKING BOUGHT POKKEN DESPITE NOT WANTING TO MAIN ANYONE ON THE MEDIOCRE ROSTER

ARE YOU GUYS HAPPY?!
>>
Do you like Libre's voice?
>>
Is Suicune any fun? Definitely my favorite poke, but I haven't bought the game yet.
>>
Do Braixen and Chandelure ruin any competitive future Pokken has?
>>
>>25670857
>I spam

Kill yourself faggot.
>>
File: image.jpg (179 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
179 KB, 640x640
CHARIZARD of GARCHOMP?
Which reptilian bruiser is the better of the Power fighters? I'm loving both and not sure which one to sink more time into.

Zard has the unique flight mechanic, more projectile options, and does heaps of damage, but he's a bit less mobile and has some self-damage on powerful moves.

Chomp has higher HP and get lots of cool tricks, and he's crushingly powerful. But I fear he can be a bit predictable sometimes.

What do you guys think?
>>
>>25669385

>Machamp
>No secondary yet, Champ feels so right
>Cubone and Digglet
>Dark Colosseum
>Chandelure
>>
>>25669385

>Lucario, I have the Lucario Lover title and use the paws trainer message, I am the worst
>don't have one, aura jackal is all I need bb
>Frogadier/Eevee
>Magikarp Festival
>Machamp
>>
>>25669385
Lucario
Suicune
Reshiram/Cresselia or Cubone/Diglett
Old Ferrum Town and it's winter version.
Suicune,Chandelure, and Pikachu.
>>
>>25669385
>Gardevoir
>none yet, will try others once Garde hits 100
>Mismagius/Ninetales
>Mystery Carnival
>Gengar
>>
Blaziken
I haven't even touched another character yet
Diglett/Cubone the combo cuties
Probably Blue Dome
I can get past most zoners, but Gardevoir is the most likely to fuck me over.
>>
My main is Weavile
I've only ever done combo and move tutorials with other characters so no actual secondary atm but Blaziken will be my secondary soon
Cubone and Diglett or Frogadier and Eevee
Almost every character is tough to deal with if the player figures out my weaknesses, I'm close to mastering Weavile though. Chandelure is obnoxious tho
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 640x751) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 640x751
The People's Chompion
>>
>>25674129
>implying Garchomp isn't for scrubs
>>
File: image.png (1017 KB, 1118x1149) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1017 KB, 1118x1149
>>25674162
I think it's the best of the Power bruisers. Chandelure is in a class of its own since it's just a zoner with tons of meat on the attacks.
>>
File: move_list_suicune.png (4 MB, 2315x3732) Image search: [Google]
move_list_suicune.png
4 MB, 2315x3732
So, where are the move lists?
>>
>>25675028
http://www.serebii.net/pokken/pokemon.shtml

There are like a million moveset guides on YT too.
>>
>>25675081
>http://www.serebii.net/pokken/pokemon.shtml
Ah, don't know why I didn't check there.

As for YT, if I wanted something that wasn't static, I'd use the training dojo
>>
File: nice meme.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
nice meme.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>25674129
>Chompion
>forcing this hard
I mean I like Garchomp a lot (top 3 fave), but come on
>>
File: image.png (28 KB, 407x418) Image search: [Google]
image.png
28 KB, 407x418
>>25675117
The People's Champion absolutely takes precedent over my lame pun. Just messing around. Us Power fighters have to stick together.
>>
>constantly overestimate online opponents and try to read them well, thinking about what the best option would be for them everytime
>they just do dumb random shit that doesn't make sense and I get fucked every time

It's like the ultimate reverse mindgame.
>>
File: machamp who is awesome.png (626 KB, 679x369) Image search: [Google]
machamp who is awesome.png
626 KB, 679x369
>>25675132
This is why Garchomp bros are cool
>>
>>25672159
don't worry, there isn't anyone I really liked on the roster either (besides maybe Suicune)

i got it for the gameplay
>>
>>25675143
This is every pvp game ever, how do you not expect this
>>
>mfw when there's another pokken thread in /v/ right now.
>mfw when most of them are casuals shitting on it because field phase hrts their eyes.
I should have come here first
>>
>>25675180
>how do you not expect this
because I still keep overestimating.
They do dumb shit once? Oh they won't do it again
Twice? oh they won't do it again
thrice? oh they won't
etc etc

forever

This infinite loop of pain never ends.
>>
File: index.jpg (6 KB, 299x169) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
6 KB, 299x169
So out of curiosity I calculated what is the average HP for this game. Turns out it's about 575.
>>
>>25675197
/v/'s Pokken threads are a mix of angry FGC autists trying to downplay the game as "not a real fighter", sonyggers trying to start console wars with everyone and maybe 10% of posters actually discussing the game. No exceptions.
>>
>>25675221
Hey that's not that useless, it gives ya a ball park of how much damage you need to deal. If they're above it, you just need to hit them more, and if their below it, they're dead. I know that the game is more complex than that but having a plan ahead of time always helps me. Only thing that makes it less useful is the horrendous scaling, hopefully they change that shit soon.
>>
>>25675197
/vg/ has better discussions, m8
>>136078297
>>136078297
>>
>>25675317
>Only thing that makes it less useful is the horrendous scaling, hopefully they change that shit soon.
That's just about the only issue I have with the battle system - they need to lower the average damage output of the attacks while toning down the damage scaling. Right now it doesn't make much sense to pull long strings of combos since shit scales way too hard and way too quickly. Most people end up sticking to getting one strong hit off, which simply doesn't feel as rewarding as pulling off that one combo you worked out by yourself in the training mode. We already have the phase shift mechanic that prevents the 0 to death combo strings, the intense damage scaling is just overdoing it at this point.
>>
>>25675578
You gave a way better reason to fix it then me, and actual justification as well. I'm more or less happy with how the game is right now, but actually using my combos I came up with in the lab would make this game that much better.
This is the first fighter I've actually have had some sort of fun with since Skullgirls launch.
>>
Can someone break down what these different phases are in this game?

I've just been watching videos of the game and I don't seem to understand why there is a switch or why it's incorporated?

I get that some of the game is in 2d and sometimes it's 3d, but how does the game switch phases? Is it automatic? Is there a certain trigger?

Also, do the phase changes make it awkward to play?
>>
>>25675776
It's mainly there to make it different then Tekken, at least thats my guess.
The match switches phases from 3d to 2d, or vice versa, when you either deal enough damage or use a certain move, such as Garchomp's grab. 2D plays like a basic fighter, and lets you deal more damage, where 3d lets you run around and zone(or spam its basically the same thing).
The phase changes are awkward for all of 2 secs, until you realize how you can stay in the phase you want.
I'm sorry for the wall of text anon but I hope this helps some what, even though I'm tired as shit.
>>
>>25675941
No, that was great. Thanks, anon :).

>Until you realize how you can stay in the phase you want

About that, so if certain moves trigger phase change wouldn't that just be a pain in the ass? Let's say we're battling, and we both prefer different phases, and we each know the moves to cause the switch. Our entire battle is just a switching of phases every few seconds.

I can see how one may think of that as an "intense and close battle" -- but wouldn't it just get annoying?

I'm not hating, just being skeptical before purchase.
>>
>>25676054
Well in my experience, the phases don't change rapidly. Matches are short enough and if you want to stay in a phase/switch you can do it without interruption, if your good. If your about equal to your opponent, most pokemon can put in work in either phase so it makes no sense to constantly flop.
Sorry for replying so late, I'm mainly on the VG thread.
>>
A'ight, so do stats actually do anything in this game? I reached level 100 with Suicune and I just put 100 points in attack, cuz fuck it, and I don't feel like I'm lacking in defense or anything, nor do I feel like I do any extra damage.
>>
File: braixensmugs.png (228 KB, 1070x979) Image search: [Google]
braixensmugs.png
228 KB, 1070x979
>>25669385
>Braixen
>Weavile
>I don't have them all unlocked yet so I just use the Emolga for Braixen and Toxicroak one for Weavile
>Neos City
>Thus far Sceptile
>>
File: 47820681_p3.jpg (74 KB, 1200x850) Image search: [Google]
47820681_p3.jpg
74 KB, 1200x850
What the fuck do I do about Braixen's Fire Blast in duel phase? CADC doesn't seem to be very effective in that situation
>>
>>25676550
>Braixen/Weavile

You and your brothers are all my worst enemies
>>
File: 1458502214837.jpg (27 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1458502214837.jpg
27 KB, 645x773
Question:
Can you actually change the time limit for matches when playing in LAN, or local?

I watched a tournament the other day, and 50% of the matches ended with time up. Was really anticlimactic and boring to watch. Especially happened often with zoners like Suicune.

I was thinking of getting this game, but if all competitive matches are just going to end because time ran out i'd really not be interested anymore.

If you can change the time limit then at least that would mean that they could take care of that with tournament rules if it becomes too much of a problem.
>>
>>25676609
It shames me to say I also dabble in Suicune occasionally, but not often.

And Lucario and Gardevoir when I'm playing with friends
>>
>>25676632
Yeah you can make it infinite time, there are other options too, I think 120 seconds is the maximum that isn't infinite.
>>
>>25676632
I don't have anyone to try this with but you can set the time/rounds for single battles so I imagine it would be the same for local versus.
>>
>>25676640
Suicune's cool though, I ain't got a problem with him... yet.
>>
>>25676681
Honestly I don't see why people have a problem with zoners like Suicune in this game. It's Pokémon, of course it's gonna be projectile based, the entirety of field mode is based around projectile spam. In duel mode it's easy as shit to approach zoners, just shield and dash.
>>
File: Pokken.png (403 KB, 566x484) Image search: [Google]
Pokken.png
403 KB, 566x484
Haven't played much online, but playing the Iron League right now and Suicune, Garchomp, and especially Charizard are pissing me off.
>>
File: Garchomp.full.1397988.jpg (131 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
Garchomp.full.1397988.jpg
131 KB, 700x525
Main
>Garchomp
Secondary
>Not sure
Assist
>Cubone and Digglet
Favorite Stage
>Neos City
Pokemon that gives me the most trouble
>Chandelure, Blaziken, Machamp.
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 572x464) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 572x464
>can bypass projectiles with dig
>can cancel out of dig into plenty of mixups
>bryan fury grab and win animation
>aerial sand tomb is basically a free bonemerang
>brutal as fuck burst
>he has fucking sneaky pebbles
>>
>>25676875
>brutal as fuck burst

Too bad it's so predictable and easy to block.
>>
>>25676726
Probably people who got too comfortable fucking around fighting against CPU Suicunes in the Ferrum League thinking they can just go against him like they would any other character.
>>
>>25676875
I always thought Garchomp was pretty neat but I never raised one ingame. Dragon and Ground are two of my favorite types, but I mostly kept to other Dragons. I think the ban stigma among my friends turned me off a bit. Pokkén is rapidly elevating him into one of my favorite Pokémon. Seeing him in motion with the theropod dinosaur movements and all the attitude the devs gave him is awesome.
>>
>>25676918
Not to mention it damages you if you miss
>>
>>25676875
>>he has fucking sneaky pebbles
WAT HOW
>>
File: 1448120722326.png (101 KB, 252x362) Image search: [Google]
1448120722326.png
101 KB, 252x362
>put 45 Skill Points into Defense for my Garchomp to tank hits
> Absolutely no noticable difference in the amount of damage I take

Well, I guess I'm gunna just put everything into Attack, then. At least I sorta noticed a difference there.
>>
File: garchomp_pose.jpg (58 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
garchomp_pose.jpg
58 KB, 853x480
>>25677981
>>25676918
At least it can break guard. If your aim is true it really is powerful, but the risk is there.
>>25678932
I think they're referring to the back-A Stone Edge counter, which is an awesome move.
>>25678970
My understanding is that Defense is actually best. Attack doesn't cover Supports, but Defense lowers all external damage taken. I am absolutely in the Attack camp by default, but as someone explained the universal boost is preferable. Besides, living longer means more chances to do damage, even if it's only a 10% increase to bulk.
>>
>>25679111
So at 100 points, how much of a boost to stats do you actually get?
>>
>>25679159
Not that anon but each point is around .01%, so 10%
>>
>>25679200
Huh. Honestly thought it'd be more than that at 100 points.
>>
Sceptile main looking to switch out with someone that isnt cursed to mediocrity

Weavile, L. Pika, Gengar? who
>>
>>25679319
Sceptile ain't that bad my man, but if you wanna try something different try out one of the other speed type characters. L. Pika is easy but it can kinda get shut down easily.
>>
Im really liking luchachu right now, havnt tried online yet though, but fuck garchomp
>>
File: 1494224-garchomp_by_akmw.jpg (266 KB, 1024x910) Image search: [Google]
1494224-garchomp_by_akmw.jpg
266 KB, 1024x910
>>25669385

Maining my boy Garchomp, trying to pick up Mewtwo and Blaziken.

I use either the Dragonite set or the Reshiram set, I'm still not done with single player and they help clean up the second round quickly.

I like the Snow stage and the Haunted House. Magikarp festival is also great.

Zoners like Suicune and Braxien give me trouble, because just like any other fighting game, I play way too aggressive and typically lose to patient zoners.
>>
File: garchomp_v_charizard.jpg (131 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
garchomp_v_charizard.jpg
131 KB, 1280x720
Charizard has been my homeboy since Day 1, but I'm not sure I have the hang of him in this game. I feel a little too sluggish despite all the power, and the self-damage on some of those strongest moves is a turn-off.

I picked up Garchomp first and I'm through the Blue League in story mode, so I've gotten really comfortable with him and his playstyle. Even though they are both Power class they feel very different. I'm hoping to at least secondary Charizard. Does anyone have any tips?
>>
Why don't more people play Machamp? He's my fav
>>
>>25679600
Because /vp/ are shit when it comes to fighting games so we either know we can't use it properly and go for spam-easy characters or believe other shitters' youtuber tierlist that places him low-tierp
>>
>Nobody uses Magikarp/Pachirisu or Farfetched/Electrode

I'm kinda reliant on Magikarp+Support focused cheer to break combos and start my own. I've also been shielding a lot, so Electrode is pretty handy, and Farfetched can be a good combo starter.
>>
>>25669385
>garchomp
>braixen
>frogadier/evee for chomp and ninetails/magius for idol fox
>old ferrum autumn
>no one yet, i haven't been online yet, mostly fought my scrubby friends in local
>>
>>25676539
I think that's only for singleplayer, though I'm not certain.
>>
>>25681000
Yeah, stats are single player only. GIYF
>>
File: image.jpg (133 KB, 1102x967) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
133 KB, 1102x967
>tempted to get a Wii U for Pokken
>read that Nintendo is ceasing its production this year
NX will be backwards compatibile, r-right?
>>
Does anyone know what the music that plays in Chandelure's trailer is?
>>
>>25682626
Mystery Carnival, I think.
>>
>>25669385
>playing Ferrum League
>against some Pikachu
>the cpu just reads my inputs and reacts instantly
Do they just random drop trainers like this in there to make you lose unless you cheese them?
>>
File: image.png (27 KB, 585x193) Image search: [Google]
image.png
27 KB, 585x193
04./00. [PS3] Ultra Street Fighter IV # <FTG> (Capcom) {2014.08.07} (¥4.309) - 42.327 / NEW
01./00. [PS3] Persona 4: Arena Ultimax # <FTG> (Atlus) {2014.08.28} (¥7.538) - 89.468 / NEW
01./00. [WIU] Super Smash Bros. for Wii U # <FTG> (Nintendo) {2014.12.06} (¥7.776) - 227.527 / NEW
06./00. [PS3] Guilty Gear Xrd: Sign <FTG> (Arc System Works) {2014.12.04} (¥7.538) - 27.278 / NEW
04./00. [PS4] Street Fighter V # <FTG> (Capcom) {2016.02.18} (¥7.990) - 41.990 / NEW

----------------

01./00. [WIU] Pokken Tournament # <FTG> (Pokemon Co.) {2016.03.18} (¥7.200) - 69.675 / NEW

And pic related for UK.

We did it /vp/eddit!
>>
>>25682782
SLAAAAAY KING POKKEN

poor others
>>
>>25682782
>pokken outsold street fighter
kek
>>
>main
Gardevoir, her zoning game is on fleek without being overpowered like a chandelure fag
>secondary
thinking zard or blaziken
>assist set
reshiram and cressila
>favorite stage
haunted house
bitch ass suicune and chandelure, fuck those niggas
>>
>>25676054
you get a damage and synergy bonus for changing phases though so its in you best intrest unless you only can play one type of phase. zoners are better field and brawlers in duel phase.
>>
File: 068_400pearlsaurus.jpg (101 KB, 400x384) Image search: [Google]
068_400pearlsaurus.jpg
101 KB, 400x384
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTtUiKG4Cfc

Ayy lmao Cant stop the champ
>>
How do CPUs go straight from shield to counter? Like I start my grab animation while they are still in shield yet they manage to switch to counter before my animation is even half way through.
>>
>>25669385
>main
sceptile
>secondary
maybe garchomp once i learn him
>assist set
jirachi + whimsicott
dragonite + victini
mismagius + ninetales
>favorite stage
phos volcano, ferrum stadium, magikarp festival, dragons nest, neos city (both day and night), and tellur town (autumn)
fucking braxien, plus weavile, pikachu and charizard
>>
>>25682828
was there ever any doubt that it would?
>>
>>25684104
not really
pokemon has enormous casual draw, way more than street fighter
even people who don't give a fuck about fighting games will buy pokken just because it's pokemon
>>
Since my thread wasn't getting any attention, I'll just leave this here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sjva2wj5ana98to/Pokk%C3%A9n%20Tournament.zip?dl=0

Soundtrack for anyone who wants it.
>>
File: 1453816199265.gif (98 KB, 314x319) Image search: [Google]
1453816199265.gif
98 KB, 314x319
>Playing THE CHAMP
>Synergy gauge maxes out

I've yet to see someone live through it
>>
>>25673964
Remember that pressing R cancels a lot of things. Lots of players hold up gard to block dig since it's incredibly punishable, but you can actually press R to come out of dig whenever you want, so do it right in front of them then grab. Chomp for life.
>>
>>25676918
Guess what, you know in dual phase you can do the easy y y y y combo? If you hit them with 2 ys you can link it into the burst attack. I get it off almost every time, and if they block I just grab.
>>
>>25679227
They don't want it to be THAT broken.
>>
>>25683531
That sceptile dude sucks holy shit. Machamp is strong but play fucking smart.
>>
Anyone got a video of Pokken on WiiU without the stupid as fuck voice over the video.

Every video I tried to watch has a fucking loud and obnoxious voice over it.
I just want to see if Pokken is pretty much the same as the Arcade game I fell in love with in Japan whilst I was there.
>>
File: detective-pikachu-1-620x420.jpg (12 KB, 620x420) Image search: [Google]
detective-pikachu-1-620x420.jpg
12 KB, 620x420
Is there anything more infuriating than getting thrown by Braixen?

>having to watch for 5+ seconds while he prances and wiggles me around in that fucking fairy lightshow
>>
How long did it take for you guys to unlock all the characters cause I'm taking for ever and I've beaten them over 100 times. What do?
>>
>>25687527
You can disable or set it to japanese
>>
I really like sceptile, and I am at B rank with him, is he good or what? I haven't done too much with him, but I maxed out att and split def/synergy for my skilling levels,
Also this is the first time I've really read about Pokken since getting it, so any general advice for Pokken?
>>
>>25687811
I mean a Youtube gameplay video.
>>
>>25688006
The gameplay is the same as the arcade version
>>
>>25669385
Is there any way to rematch the first battle with Shadow Mewtwo? I went into it thinking there would be 3 rounds but I was fucking wrong
>>
HOW THE HELL DO YOU DEFEAT SHADOW MEWTWO?
He's got 900 HP and you may have 500 or something? I can hardly hit him and his atks are fucking retarded
>>
File: 15.gif (1 MB, 268x414) Image search: [Google]
15.gif
1 MB, 268x414
>>25688726
>900 HP

Man you're REALLY gonna hate the later fights
>>
>>25688726
Learn to block
>>
>>25688822
I am, and he breaks it or something.
>>
>>25688839
I've only fought the first fight with Shadow Mewtwo (and I lost) but I managed to get a lot of damage in by keeping my distance until I had a plan of action ready. Then I swooped in and combo'd for as long as I could.
>>
>>25688884
and then loose. Why the fuck does he hit so god damn hard when you can't? That's not even remotely fair. I can understand 1k of HP but this much? Come the fuck on!
>>
POKKEN 2 WHEN
>>
>>25688916
>game just came out
>LETS MAKE A 2 ASAP!
>Pokken NX
>>
>HEY PLEASE SAVE MY MEWTWO! HE'S NOT THAT BAD
>3K HP
>YOU ONLY GET 500HP
>cause that's totes fair
>>
>>25669385
Gardevoir.

Maybe Sceptile, though if I manage to actually get the hang of Recovering, I might try using Artanis as well.

Yveltal and Latios.

Dark Colosseum.

Charizard, Blaziken, Suicune. This is offline, not sure how much that'd change if I did online.
>>
So, how can Machamp deal with beam spams from Chandelure, Mewtwo and Braixen?
>>
maining Charizard, learning how to combo with him. This is my first ever fighting game.

He seems pretty good, fighting bots on hard and I haven't lost yet. His synergy burst is amazing and he hits like a tank. My only problem is recovering from people landing a lot of moves on me. Still learning all of the mechanics and everything but so far having fun.

Do amiibos work with this game? I might buy a zard one
>>
>>25689396
Counter Cancel. Also to anyone who ever asks how to deal with projectiles. Counter Cancel.
>>
>>25689233
Spam counter, shit breaks CPUs
>>
>>25689606
i finally beat his ass at the 3kHM which was retarded as fuck
>>
File: OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH.jpg (70 KB, 984x557) Image search: [Google]
OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH.jpg
70 KB, 984x557
>yfw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUXAAluDCNI
>>
>>25689682
all of my why
>>
>>25689407
Amiibos work with pokken but the type doesn't matter. My Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing ones work as well as Pokemon

5 a day for one avatar item each
>>
File: 1439128443336.jpg (25 KB, 465x350) Image search: [Google]
1439128443336.jpg
25 KB, 465x350
>>25689682
>>
File: 1428136158001.png (53 KB, 180x180) Image search: [Google]
1428136158001.png
53 KB, 180x180
>>25689606
>Press counter
>He breaks it or grabs me
>>
File: sadshiro.png (683 KB, 678x1007) Image search: [Google]
sadshiro.png
683 KB, 678x1007
>>25670337
>>25670393
>TFW you keep hearing Weavile is good, but do nothing but fuck up while playing.
>>
>>25691164
Man I've just started getting into Weavile today and I'm LOVIN' it. That last Combo in the Dojo is fucking delicious when you pull it off.

Pokken makes it really easy to git gud with a character. Just go into the Dojos and practice the moves and the combos until you can breeze through them all and you'll start kicking ass. The only 'mons I've even tried so far are Gengar, Garchomp, and today Weavile, and I'm proficient with all of them I'd say.
>>
>>25691271
Knowing the combos would help, but it's more than that.
>Always get baited into attacking a guard/CA
>Always pick the wrong move when either side stands up
I think I might just be too stupid for fighting games, just wish I didn't have to drop $60 to remind myself of that.
>>
File: YAMERO.gif (93 KB, 314x319) Image search: [Google]
YAMERO.gif
93 KB, 314x319
>>25689682
I HAVE ASCENDED
>>
>>25669385
I'll bite.

>Main
Blaziken, or at least from what I played of it.
>Secondary
Nobody? I haven't really dived that far into it.
>Assist Set
Varies
>Favorite Stage
Magikarp Festival
>Worst MU
Dunno yet, again havent really played it for long.

I say all the "havent played" because the game itself feels very odd to me, and not in the interesting way, more so the "I dunno how to feel about this." way.

Is there a magical secret to enjoying this game? Im kinda hesitant to play it again.
>>
File: mfw.gif (1 MB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
mfw.gif
1 MB, 250x250
>>25689682
>>
>>25691299
You can't expect to be great at the game immediately, especially when you have to learn more than your main to know what exactly is the most effective thing to use against which characters. Just practice, a lot.
>>
How do I git gud at Chandelure? Speaking of S.Mewtwo, I tried the whole "spam A until dead" approach on the second fight of SM2 but it didn't work as effective. Any other ideas, or will I have to wait until the final battle for it to be effective?
>>
>>25691615
Don't let them get close
>>
File: 1441846710662.png (485 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1441846710662.png
485 KB, 1024x576
>>25669385
>Main
Lucario
>Secondary
Just started learning Garchomp an hour ago
>Assist Set
Yveltal and Latios (Why isn't Latios playable? Ablublublu)
>Favorite Stage
Magikarp Boat - Dat music
>Pokemon that gives me the most trouble
Either Pikachu Libre or Blaziken
Libre because I haven't gotten used to it's rhythm yet and Blaziken because its moves are super fast and most out prioritize Lucario's.
>>
File: 0913-gabus.png (24 KB, 160x200) Image search: [Google]
0913-gabus.png
24 KB, 160x200
>>25669385
>Main
Used to be Weavile, now it's Garchomp
>Secondary
Braixen/Weavile
>Assist Set
I like using Reshiram/Cresselia because I think Reshiram is neat and its assist attack makes me moist.
>Favorite Stage
Regi Ruins/Aqua Thunderdome
Dunno yet, I'm gonna say Machamp's homo festival because I don't know how to counter such an amazing close-up range yet.
>>
>>25681732
that was a discredited rumor, anon, think of it like this

Nintendo console generations are usually 5-6 years apart, the Gamecube did pretty poorly, but Nintendo didn't just give up on it, did they? just relax, we've got at least until the end of 2017 for game releases
>>
File: 1441723291566.jpg (58 KB, 727x500) Image search: [Google]
1441723291566.jpg
58 KB, 727x500
>>25691726
That got real lewd, real fast.
Any tips for a burgeoning Garchomp player?
>>
>>25691835
I'm in the same boat as you, but I noticed he could be a real tricky motherfucker if you know how to use Dig and use neutral X (the drill dash move) up close to ram them into the wall and make them smash against it, then do it again for some quick damage. Running stance makes Garchomp able to complete combos better, so do that if you find a decent string. Hopefully I'm not talking out of my ass, I'd love to see a few guides for this game eventually.
>>
File: LC.jpg (96 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
LC.jpg
96 KB, 1024x768
Would you guys join a /vp/ "lobby"? It'd be pretty easy to set up, all we'd have to do is go into a friendly game with a VS code no one else is using and set the opponent to Anyone. No need to add anyone as friends.
>>
File: 1441297564759.jpg (98 KB, 756x536) Image search: [Google]
1441297564759.jpg
98 KB, 756x536
>>25691860
Nice!
Great tips. I appreciate it.
>>
>>25691863
I would
>>
>>25691874
No problem, we're all in this together. Good luck to you.
>>
>>25669385
>main
Machamp, those ORA barrages are fucking rad plus that damage output.
>secondary
I wanna use Mewtwo, Gengar and Sceptile but I'm not that used to them yet.
>support set
I use a few of them.
>favorite stage
I like Haunted House/Mystery Carnival and Regi Ruins quite a bit.
>most trouble
Maybe Pikachu Libre or Weavile.
>>
File: 1443583310085.gif (811 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1443583310085.gif
811 KB, 500x281
>>25691905
T-thanks, you too!
>>
>That last sceptile combo in the dojo
do I have to chain the inputs one right after another or do I have to wait for sceptile to do the moves?
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-01-30-21h58m43s4.png (497 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-01-30-21h58m43s4.png
497 KB, 1280x720
Post YFW you play against a sexy pokemon
>Braxien
>>
File: 1454321448348.png (827 KB, 2000x1465) Image search: [Google]
1454321448348.png
827 KB, 2000x1465
>>25697437
Lucario
>>
File: Sneaky nigga.png (319 KB, 656x369) Image search: [Google]
Sneaky nigga.png
319 KB, 656x369
So few Gengar mains. This guy is great. He pretty much just fucks shit up at all stages from all distances.
>>
What league do I unlock cornrows?
>>
Too lazy to go to /v/
Do I get a new battery for my Gamepad or an actual game /vp/?
>>
>>25699700
Don't goto /v/
if you do, they will take what soul you have, shit on your tastes, and expect you to be a gud at what you do. Stay with us anon. Also get a pro controller, charge it fully, and charge it when you need to. It comes with a 6 ft cord.
Any one here who has one, will take you it's an amazing controller.
>>
>>25699873
Have a pro controller already but there are games that you need the pad for like Xenoblade and Kirby.
>>
>>25699892
nah, not for Pokken. It's the best game with this controller as with Smash, Mario Kart and I wish Splatoon.
>>
>>25699915
You're misreading my post, should I buy it for those games that require the pad to play or should I buy an actual game.
Because I honestly can't decide.

I would go with both but I'm only dropping £50 this time round and I also want a Jetman figure.
>>
>>25699087
I've seen more Gengar mains than Gardevoir, seriously no one uses her.
>>
>>25699962
The controller is amazing. Get it. The figure can wait. I would say that due to the fact if its a 50 buck figure, you should wait for something like that if you get not real use out of it. I can't really talk cause I collect amiibos.

Most games right now, you don't need the Pad for but for some dumb reason they are trying so fucking hard to push it on people.
>"USE THE PAD FOR THIS GAME!"
>"No"
>"why not?"
>"It's a novelty at best and it's big and bulky and I don't want to look down at my 2nd screen when I could have it all on my TV."
>"but. . ."
>"No"
>>
>>25700016
Dude, I already have a controller.
>>
>>25700022
the way you said it made it sound like you didn't. My bad.
>>
>>25700032
It's all good anon.
I've made up my mind anyway I'll just get the battery seeing as my back log is getting larger than I want it to be and I have FE and Star Fox on preorder.
>>
>>25700016
Not the same Anon, but I use the pad because my TV is dead, and because I don't have the controller. The gamepad might be inferior, but when you don't have the controller or a TV, it's definitely the best option.
>>
File: Gengar.jpg (138 KB, 1111x719) Image search: [Google]
Gengar.jpg
138 KB, 1111x719
I need help with gengar, i can't seem to get any good damage before i'm destroyed
>>
>>25700190
Practice with it.
>>
>>25700171
I can understand that. I would say do that too. considering I went out for a 100 and got myself a monitor for my WIIU was prolyl the best idea I ever did. It's literally only for my WiiU. once in a while for my other PC too
>>
>>25700274
I only used my TV for my Wii U at this point, I ought to get it repaired if it's possible, or buy a new, cheap one to replace it.
>>
>>25669385
Main - Weavile
Secondary - Suicune, Garchomp
Assist - Diglett and Cubone mostly, been toying with Reshiram/Cresselia, Jirachi/Whimsicott and Farfetch'd/Electrode
Fuck Shadow Mewtwo, what a dumb character. It's like fucking evil ryu.
>>
>>25669385
Machamp
Waiting until I get Champ to 100 before trying anyone else
Emolga/fennekin, cubon/diglett
Mystery Carnival
Gardevoir and Fennekin
>>
>>25675243
More like 90% furry shitposting and 10% playerd
>>
File: phFURjV.png (134 KB, 525x353) Image search: [Google]
phFURjV.png
134 KB, 525x353
>>25689682
>>
How noticeable are skill points in online battles? Does going in with a low level Pokemon give me a big disadvantage against an opponent with a higher level Pokemon?
>>
File: 1458290949585.jpg (403 KB, 600x909) Image search: [Google]
1458290949585.jpg
403 KB, 600x909
I'm ashamed because she is mai waifu, but how do I pronounce Braixen?
>>
>>25702385
Would like to know how levels effect online play too
>>
File: Sceptile Pokken.jpg (136 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Sceptile Pokken.jpg
136 KB, 1280x720
>>25669385
>Main
Sceptile, pretty underused too
>Secondary
Nothing definite, but Pikachu would probably be it
>Assist Set
Either Emolga/Fennekin or Reshiram/Cresselia
>Favorite Stage
None honestly
Chandelure, Braixen, and Pikachu Libre
>>
>>25702385
>>25702429
Levels don't impact online play. Everyone goes in the same.
>>
>>25702504
Ah yukatta
>>
>>25702416
BRAYE-KS- EON?

or fuck it and call it Brax-eon
>>
>>25702416
Bray-ks-en
>>25702710
Where the fuck does EON come from?
>>
>>25702821
I don't know, I just thought about that too.
>>
File: 1373035705628.gif (527 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1373035705628.gif
527 KB, 500x281
>Been doing well in SP, only lost a couple times due to bullshit
>Unlock Iron League
>Get assraped repeatedly

H E L P
>>
>>25669385
>main
Mewtwo
>secondary
Charizard
Doesn't matter who I play, fire punch is my crutch
>assist set
Pachirisu/Magikarp, love the disruption
>favorite stage
Dragons nest, gotta love the un-animated yet flying Noivern
Pikachu, I just don't move enough, so the thunderbolt always hits me.
>>
>>25676586
im having the same problem. im trying to just counter it and then dash but i can never pull that off online
>>
>>25686666

quads have spoken
>>
File: WVW69jBQl0omxV_J7T.jpg (117 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
WVW69jBQl0omxV_J7T.jpg
117 KB, 800x450
Pokken puts out an update where you can set your own music when you synergy mode.
What do you set it to?
some of mine:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7ueRIJG6oo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfTl2TBoBB8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk-87jzhVhs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v7LvnSwstw
>>
File: smack.gif (793 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
smack.gif
793 KB, 500x280
So do Amiibos only give you accessories? Thats cool, but I was looking for cash money. Also, why am I capped at five Amiibos a day? I've got a little stack of animal crossing cards waiting to be scanned.
>>
>>25703790
I got money from an amiibo once

>>
>>25703837
I'd rather have my long purple hair with cat ears, thanks.
>>
PRIMEAPE WHEN
>>
Is normal pikachu underused? Haven't played online much so I can't tell.
>>
What are the HIGHEST damage combos you can find?
>>
File: icameheretolaughatyou.gif (734 KB, 500x315) Image search: [Google]
icameheretolaughatyou.gif
734 KB, 500x315
> main
Chandelure
> secondary
yet to be decided, haven't used anyone much besides Chandelure
> assist set
Espeon/Umbreon so far, trying out Reshiram/Cresselia
> favorite stage
Magikarp Festival
> troublesome opponent
fuck you Suicune, you stupid blue bastard
>>
>>25669385
Any one get on LAN mode and actually use it?
>>
>He mains Chandelure
>>
File: images (31).jpg (10 KB, 525x280) Image search: [Google]
images (31).jpg
10 KB, 525x280
Why the fuck is there no dark mewtwo like advertised?
>>
File: 132276899128.jpg (250 KB, 383x675) Image search: [Google]
132276899128.jpg
250 KB, 383x675
>>25707412
I've used it a couple times already, set it up with a friend in the corner at a Smash Bros tourney last weekend, plus once after that when I was visiting said friend. It works, no lag, 60fps, all characters and supports instantly available. Just wish you could actually pick stages.
>>25703374
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8Ob1sWrfSM
>>
Lack of people that main Gengar is oddly disturbing
>>
>>25707412
I went to a tourney that used LAN. Works flawlessly, and you don't have to unlock anything.
>>
>>25708397
He got nerfed big time compared to the arcade version, I'm not surprised.
>>
>Main
Chandelure
>Secondary
Don't have one, might pick up Blaziken because it plays like Filia
>Assist
Espeon on Chandelure because Overheat into Morning Sun is beautiful
>Stage
Spooktown
Good Luchachu players
>>
Currently at C3 rank with Garchomp.

Thinking about who to secondary still.

Support is always frogadier and eevee for that sweet sweet attack boost.

Favorite stage is a tie between neos city day and magikarp festival.
>>
>>25708323
>>25708632
That works in Smash?
>>
File: 1341987748684.png (925 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
1341987748684.png
925 KB, 853x480
>>25710163
No, Smash Bros has no LAN mode, silly. You don't need two Wii Us to get 60fps 8-player Smash. I was saying that I went to a Smash Bros. local, and together with my friend we used two TV setups to host some LAN Pokken matches whenever the consoles weren't needed for Smash.
>>
File: 1458697841158.jpg (152 KB, 640x390) Image search: [Google]
1458697841158.jpg
152 KB, 640x390
How do I stop myself from mashing the buttons?

I'm not used to fighters, but I keep finding myself just mashing the buttons, especially if I get stressed out. How do I stop with this shit?
>>
>>25710266
sounds like fun
>>
>>25710337
Are you me? I also litteraly do one or two attacks the entire match. Whenever I try to do an advanced combo I get destroyed before I can even think about hat buttons I need to press.
>>
>>25710337
>>25710622
Whenever I try to do the combos, I set up a pattern with it. Also I find not looking at the screen helps, so you can focus more on your button work. Obviously that's risky in it's own way but it's to get your buttons down
>>
>That feel when you literally don't want to play as anyone besides your main but the game is starting to get boring
>>
>main
Lucario
>secondary
Charizard
>assist set
Fennekin
>favorite stage
Random
Mexican Pikachu
>>
So how would I go about getting a Double KO? Doing it with CPUs has been... Difficult. Easy CPU is completely dead, Medium CPU can't even hurt me, and Hard CPU is completely unpredictable, even if it's the one that actually gives me Double KO chances.
>>
>Sceptile
>Gardevoir
>Jirachi/Wishcock
>Rayquaza and Regirock Stage
>Charizard
>>
>>25669385

>main
Braixen
>secondary
Weavile
>assist set
Diglett/Cubone
>favorite stage
Neos City (Day)
The Champ and the 'Zard
>>
How many times do I have to beat the god damn chroma league to unlock The Tournament and the Champion Battle? and the rest of the fucking characters? I've been going at it almost the entire week. I've beaten the Chroma league at least 4 times now.
>>
File: Braixen_and_Charizard.png (444 KB, 720x359) Image search: [Google]
Braixen_and_Charizard.png
444 KB, 720x359
Main Braixen since she's my waifu.

Sub Charizard cuz that nigga is cool as fuck and stronk.

Phos Volcano all day nigga.
>>
What's the fastest way to grind money? I've been fighting the grand master of the Ferrum League for around 45.000 PGs each time. Can I get the bonus money for winning tournaments again?
>>
So is Pokken worth getting

I know this thread is obviously going to be biased towards it but still
>>
File: Blaine-Quiz3.jpg (94 KB, 299x164) Image search: [Google]
Blaine-Quiz3.jpg
94 KB, 299x164
>>25714095
>have a Wii U?
>like Pokemon?
>up for a non-traditional fighting game?
>>
File: 1445702577904.gif (690 KB, 139x200) Image search: [Google]
1445702577904.gif
690 KB, 139x200
>>25713299
>Mexican Pikachu
Kek
>>
File: 3936801-0823059257-Ash_S.png (1003 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
3936801-0823059257-Ash_S.png
1003 KB, 1280x720
>main
Sceptile, the sheer amount of arena hazards and delayed attacks are awesome.
>secondary
Nothing solid yet, I'm gonna get through Chroma League before I start seriously trying another fighter. At the moment though, Garchomp.
>assist set
Reshiram/Cresselia. Use Cresselia Rd 1 to boost Synergy, then with Standard Cheer have Reshiram fully loaded for round 2 ALONG WITH a full or near full Synergy gauge.
>favorite stage
I don't pay attention all that much... Haunted House?
motherfuckin' R. Pika, NO OTHER FIGHTER HAS COMBOS AS LONG AS HERS!
>>
>>25708307
beat the game, nerd.
>>
>>25702416
Bray-ixen.

Braise. Vixen.

Braixen.
>>
>>25670323
He's not a character who can win against noobs online by spamming projectiles like Suicune, Braixen, and Chandelure.
>>
>>25679319
>Sceptile is mediocre
Nice meme.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITvF9FXW4pE
Just keep on practicing and never give up. Don't be a tier whore.
>>
>>25708397
Aren't he and Sceptile very difficult to learn? It makes sense that more people would go with easy to use, spammable characters.
>>
>>25714095

I own Pokken and I would say no.

Imagine if you got Smash Bros and the only stage in the game was Final Destination and you could only 1v1 there, and there's only 16 playable characters. It's bare bones as shit. The offline is repetitive and almost pointless because you know for a fact there is nothing worth unlocking besides the mewtwos, if you don't want to play a Mewtwo you could skip it entirely. It only reinforces bad habits that you will take into the online and will get you killed. I've been playing the offline mode for four hours now and nothing is more difficult than button mashing. I started to just look around the backgrounds and mash Y until the opponents were dead.

Its a fun, solid fighting game. But its bare bones as fuck. No tournament mode, no tag team, no voice chat, no ring outs, fuck all to unlock, etc. The only thing to do in the game is essentially go to the same stage since they are all just flat circles with nothing in them and 1v1 the same 7 pokemon that people actually play as over and over infinitely. If that's okay with you then go for it, but I'm letting you know this game is extremely lacking in content and has no DLC announced or planned for it.
>>
File: image.jpg (113 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113 KB, 1024x1024
>>25716057
toot toot here comes the shill train

this guy has got it all wrong

Strictly speaking as a Pokémon fan who has NO experience with fighting games, Pokken is pretty impressive. There's a lot to learn just combo wise with each character, I've yet to find one who isn't fun as hell. I've had the game since it came out and I still haven't tried Gardevoir, Lucario, or either chu just cuz I've been so hung up on having fun with everyone else.

I'd say it's definitely worth picking up if you're just a Pokémon fan. If you're a pretentious /v/irgin, you'll never be happy anyways, so just hang yourself and get it over with.
>>
>>25716057
>Imagine if you got Smash Bros and the only stage in the game was Final Destination and you could only 1v1 there

So it's Smash Bros.
>>
>>25716643
It's smash bros melee
>>
>>25716643

Even if that were true smash has 58 characters, much better/more music, and tons more stages to look at because of omega stages. Plus that game has doubles, customs, items, stamina mode, equipment, blah blah blah. The single player mode has classic, adventure, master orders, crazy orders, events, co op events, trophy collecting, custom collecting. Etc.

Even tourneyfags such as myself still can play on 9 different stages, with or without customs, and either doubles or singles with a cast three times the size of Pokken (if you choose not to count the bottom 12 characters). Smash just has a ton more to do in it, plus a better fighting system in my opinion.

But I don't want to just compare this to smash.

>>25716637

>Strictly speaking as a Pokémon fan who has NO experience with fighting games

With all due respect, you must understand your bias is why you are defending this game. If it featured humans instead of pokemon you likely wouldn't have cared about it or bought it. Its incredibly lacking when it comes to content compared to games it competes with.

The core of Pokken is solid, don't get me wrong. Its a fun, deep fighting system and looks great. Its fun to play with the pokemon you like. But that's all there is to do.

Soul Caliber has a character creator, story mode for every character, weapon master mode, adventure mode, etc.

Mortal Kombat has tag team, tournament, tons of unlockables, challenge modes, alternate rules, etc.

And the elephant in the room, every single fighting game I can think of has a larger roster than Pokken by far. Yes SFV has 16 characters, but they are releasing a new one every month for free.
>>
>>25716057
Dude 90% of shit you just said is in every fighting game ever. Smash has all of that sure, but you need to realize smash also has completely different mechanics which is why it has all that stuff. Also like >>25716643 says you basically described both melee and 4. All of the unlockable characters in 4 suck dick and everybody goes to the same layout in both games.
>>
>>25716722

I elaborated in the post above yours, which addresses some of what you said. But keep in mind it makes little sense to dismiss a large amount of content just because in your personal opinion you don't like it.

There is more to do in every other fighting game on the market then in Pokken. How much value a person places on all those other modes and options differs from person to person, but it's still a fact in this case.

If you don't want to do anything in Pokken other than queue up online and 1v1 the same 10 different characters over and over again then that's great that it works for you. The other anon was asking if Pokken was worth buying and I was trying to help him make a more informed purchase, that's all.

And about characters sucking in smash, that game has been out for years now and the competitive scene for that game is no longer in its infancy. Even with years of people improving and fine tuning their play, there are a lot more viable characters in that game then the 16 in Pokken, assuming that all 16 characters in Pokken are balanced and useful, only time will tell.
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 336x326) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 336x326
>>25716718
>your bias is why you're defending this game
>defending

Okay despite my declaration of shillage, I'm not trying to defend it at all. I'm just stating that if, like me, you're only in it for the Pokémon, then Pokken is undeniably worth picking up.
>>
>>25716057
>Imagine if you got Smash Bros and the only stage in the game was Final Destination and you could only 1v1 there, and there's only 16 playable characters.
Did you ever play a single fighting game in your life
>>
Just bought it today. Played for 11 hours straight. Needless to say I'm loving it.

>Main
Weavile

>Secondary
Not sure yet but I really like Chandelure

>Assist Set
Favorites so far are Cubone/Diglett and Eevee/Frogadier

>Stage
Haunted House and Magikarp Festival

>Pokemon that fucks my shit up senpai
Blaziken for sure
>>
>>25675578
I've noticed low level Pikachus like to pull off super long combo strings that do very little damage, more time consuming than anything.
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 440x350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 440x350
So I just picked up the Pokken Tournament Pro Pad for 25 bucks without owning the game.

Am I a terrible person for doing so?
>>
>>25720298
Where did you get it? Gamestop or Amazon?
>>
>>25720298
I would say not yet
Are you getting the game soon?
>>
File: 1365442316675.png (136 KB, 455x286) Image search: [Google]
1365442316675.png
136 KB, 455x286
>>25720298
Far as I'm aware, it's a killer SNES controller substitute for PC, but it's only usable with Pokken on a Wii U. So technically not a bad purchase if you're an idort who likes emulating.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 68

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.