[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Y'know, I was actually excited to try contests again after
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
Y'know, I was actually excited to try contests again after so long. Then this lady shows up and "scouts" me. Confronts me in front of a crowd and announces to the world to "expect great things from this trainer" and "remember this name".

So if I hit it big, she's right, and I never made a name for myself, and if I fail, everyone knows my shame.

I'm really not trying to be contrarian, this just left a really sour taste in my mouth. I later went in to see if I could get free shit from NPC's without entering and then she gives (forces) the contest clothing on you, like... am I not allowed to have any agency here? It feels like you're being groomed for something, and I hate the pressure it heaps on.
>>
>>25668950
>being this autistic
You deserve this for over-analyzing it tbqh fampai
>>
>>25668950
She's a qt and you're and autistic faggot.
>>
>>25668950
>It feels like you're being groomed
Welcome to the genuine Idol experience. You're lucky she didn't stick her dick in your mouth.

Seriously though you're autistic as fuck for being bothered by something this trivial.
>>
Weirded me out, too. Never bothered with it at all. I just want to train Pokemon.
>>
>>25668950
I see what you mean. They made way too big of a deal for what was just a minigame with no real importance in the originals. I didn't really like it either.
>>
Also, you're not allowed to enter without a contest pass, but you can ONLY get one from being scouted, what's up with that? Shouldn't any old schmuck be allowed to register?
>>
>>25669126

Yes I also felt it was uncalled for like OP said. Not that big of a deal, I just never felt like stepping into a contest hall again.

I do like the dress thiugh.
>>
>>25668950
Step up your game anon
>>
>>25669144
You can infer from the dialog that contest passes were publicly available at some point, but were so popular that they sold out quick.
>>
>She announces to the world that you're hers and she expects great things from you
>She grooms you to be what she wants
>She meets you alone in the dressing room
>Implying being the boytoy of Hoenn's big celebrity isn't hot as fuck
>>
Just use Banette with a mega stone.

Curse, Destiny Bond, Spite, Feint Attack.

Lead with F. Attack, then Curse, then Spite, then Bond. If/when you mega evolve you are guaranteed to win the contest.
>>
If I remember right, it's revealed late in her story arc that she was frustrated with being on top of the idol world, so she was trying to groom a rival that could give her a challenge.
>>
>>25671115
>tfw Lisia will never strip you down to put a different set of clothes on you
>>
>>25668950
Shes a pedophile
>>
>>25671183
So her game is just no fun if theres no challenge so she wanted to create one herself. Talk about the industry being scripted.
>>
File: Diamond_Pearl_Cynthia[1].png (478 KB, 625x1280) Image search: [Google]
Diamond_Pearl_Cynthia[1].png
478 KB, 625x1280
>>25671658
I thought there was only room for one of those in the pokemon universe.
>>
>>25668950
>caring this much about fictional characters
good, you know how to immerse yourself. all those idiots itt calling you autistic just forgot what is it like to have fun.
>>
>>25668950
Ignoring the idiots I agree with you OP. I hate how they girled up so much too.

Contests used to be a fun skill minigame but now it is gay boi and kawaii girl competition.
>>
>>25671658
>Lisia
>Pedophile

She is like only 2 years older
>>
>>25668950
I wrecked that bitch on my first try in every master rank. Then I continued to wreck her again with every single Pokemon on my team just to show my superior talent at Contests.

She has no real talent because she was trained by her uncle that was already an expert in Contests, you as a player were superior to her from the beginning.
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 440x493) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 440x493
>>25671658
>being 14 and liking 12 year olds that could easily pass for 14 year olds makes you a pedo
That's not how it works anon
>>
File: 1456775965882.png (253 KB, 329x305) Image search: [Google]
1456775965882.png
253 KB, 329x305
>>25671183
>yfw it's literally megamind
>>
>>25671183
>so she was trying to groom a rival that could give her a challenge.
Except she literally did jackshit and only waited for you backstage to make up shitty titles for you.
>>
>>25668950
>It feels like you're being groomed for something
Whitney in HGSS forces you in sports clothing.
>>
I enjoyed contests in ORAS. My Calm Mind/Stored Power/Destiny Bond Gallade basically wrecked every level.
>>
>>25668950
She actually had the opposite effect on me. My plan was to just force my way through one contest just to get Cosplay Pikachu and be done with it, but I found her excitement to be contagious and the contests themselves actually fun, if easy.

I guess to each their own.
>>
>>25673391
You mean One Punch Man.
>>
>>25673823
B-but that's okay, anon, it's HGSS! We're supposed to ignore HGSS' many flaws and pretend it's better than ORAS! Didn't you read the bandwagon memo?
>>
>>25673823
Pokeathlon was a marathon of sporting events, it makes sense to actually have sporting gear for it (or it would if you where ever shown participating with the pokemon you select).

Meanwhile, contests are all about appearances. Maybe I didn't want to look like a tryhard rocker/pop idol stereotype, maybe I wanted to be elegant or trashy. I would rather have been given the option of wearing what I was wearing into the contest hall than being forced into a persona.

(D/P/Pl would have been a better argument, but it's slightly more socially acceptable for parents to force things on their kids).
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.