[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think it's been long enough that we can now have a civil
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
I think it's been long enough that we can now have a civil discussion about this.

So, what went wrong that made them messed this up so badly?
>>
>>25668741
Your god-tier expectations.
>>
It was just laziness. I value the post game more than the actual adventure, and they did the bare fucking minimum, which is inexcusable when the map/graphics engine/bonus features like pokemonamie/move tutors/music/3d models/and more were all taken from other games.
>>
File: 1458009164130.jpg (117 KB, 640x458) Image search: [Google]
1458009164130.jpg
117 KB, 640x458
I liked it.
>>
File: orasproblems.png (228 KB, 893x1200) Image search: [Google]
orasproblems.png
228 KB, 893x1200
>>25668741
>So, what went wrong that made them messed this up so badly?

>>25668755
>having a replayable post-game
>god tier expectations

No.
>>
>>25668773
What about it isn't replayable? There's plenty to do.
>>
>>25668741

>Can have Latias, Lugia, AND Kyo-chan on the same team

I fucking loved it.
>>
>>25668812
No there isn't. A fetch quest that takes less than an hour to complete and being able to catch some legendaries I already have barely counts as post-game. It may as well be apart of the main game. The fact that the post-game is WORSE than the previous Hoenn game that came out is retarded and inexcusable.
>>
>>25668773

>Nitpicking: The list.
>>
Alpha Sapphire was alright
I don't care much about it
It felt like a lesser version of X and Y
No customization
They didn't even change the maps up :c
>>
>>25668773
"casualized"
>>
>>25669601
>want them to change up maps
>remakes
>>
From what I gather, people didn't want a ruby or sapphire remake, they wanted an emerald remake.
>>
>>25669690
Probably the most succinct way of putting it. Delta Ep was cool but otherwise the postgame was a total letdown.
>>
>>25668741
to much water.
>>
>>25668741
I feel that the difficulty changes they implemented in X & Y did not translate well to ORAS.

Due to the huge diversity of pokemon in the wild in X & Y, catching a ton of pokemon and changing your team a lot was expected. This was benefitted by the EXP share and the ability to have a lucky egg on a low-levelled pokemon to catch up to the rest of the team. There's also the fact that the pokemon in the wild are not too far behind the level of the gym leaders, so you could change your team on a whim and change it back just as easily.

This was definitely not the case with ORAS, as the originals weren't designed with that in mind. It lead to the same parties we had 10 years ago, just with less farming required. The capture EXP was not really relevant at all, as there wasn't much worth catching after the 4th gym.

The diversity of X&Y has definitely set a new standard, which newer games will have to meet to be as enjoyable to play.

This also extends into the end-game, where it is much easier to breed battling pokemon on pokemon X & Y, as ORAS don't have as much going for it (which is a shame, considering the new megas aren't compatible with X&Y and items can't be transferred over pokemon bank.

There are also other things they could have done, like adding more pokemon to routes, updating more movesets, of course including the battle frontier, make the more cinematic locations (fortree & routes to either side, jagged pass, ash route) etc. Also, this is more personal preference, but I found a lot of the maps quite over-saturated. If you look at map images of stuff like mt pyre, you should see what I mean.

That said, I really enjoyed the true 360 degrees movement, soaring (which was kinda odd) & the fact that it was ruby and sapphire.
>>
>>25668812
the only post game content outside the delta episode is a copy pasted battle maison. they should have re made the battle frontier
>>
>>25669684
These are the same people who defend the FF7 remake.
>>
I enjoyed Omega Ruby just fine, they just failed to fix the gneral Gen 6 interface fuckups that make it easy to waste healing items on the wrong Pokemon in batttle.
>>
>>25669794
>4chan
>having a reasonable, well informed opinion
>not raging like a 5 year old

Get out.
>>
>>25669898
I knew I should've said the N word...
>>
>>25668773
Realistically, very few Pokémon games actually had a replayable post game.

>RBY
No, they didn't even have a post game

>GSC
Yes, but it was simply an extension of the regular game

>RSE
Emerald had a post game, but it never had much in the way of replayability, I never even bothered with it, personally, and I don't know many people who did.

>FrLg
This one wasn't NOT replayable, but I don't know many people who played the game through more than once.

>DPPt
I didn't enjoy myself with these post games, they weren't much fun, and did nothing to add to replayability

>HGSS
Basically combine what i wrote fo DPPt and GSC and add some ORAS legendary catching elements. Not replayable in my opinion, but enjoyable.

>BW & B2W2
I hate these games, but I'll give credit where credit is due, their post games were good compared to every other post game we'd seen so far. Not replayable, necessarily, but good.

>XY
I'm a huge fan of these games, do i have a high opinion of this post game, but I am smart enough to know that I'm biased, so that's all I'll say.

>ORAS
Marked improvement from Ruby and Sapphire, though the story itself isn't replayable, it was more enjoyable than Ruby and Sapphire by a long shot, which is all I was ever asking for. Even emerald couldn't really compare to ORAS's post game when you get right down to the nuts and bolts of it.

I personally don't think any of the post games in any of the games are replayable, with maybe the exception of XY (maybe) and ONLY because of well developed characters and interesting story. ORAS didn't have that, so we were expecting too much.

>inb4 wrong opinion
>>
>>25668755
>expecting a big budget game to have content
>god tier expectation
But as always: lets blame the consumer because GF can do no wrong!
>>
>>25670018

>i'm retarded

that's all you needed to type instead of that long winded post.
>>
>>25668762
/thread
>>
>>25668773
>B-but muh hardcore gamer difficulty.
>I shouldn't be forced to go online to have a real challenge.
Is there anything more pathetic than these guys?
>>
Feels like I'm living in a meme I can't understand. ORAS didn't really seem any worse than other Pokemon games. I only fault it for the lack of Battle Frontier and No Pokemon Pinball RS in place of the Game Corner. Otherwise, I got Hoenn in 3D--exactly what I wanted.
>>
>>25669690
It's funny because whenever you remind people that these aren't Emerald remakes and the Delta Episode was only a homage to the Emerald storyline, people wave you off.

They nitpick arguments just the way they nitpick the game. Cry about what they don't like and ignore what they don't want to hear.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.