[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Question about infernapes design.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: infer.png (244 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
infer.png
244 KB, 600x600
Why does infernape have the gold knee/shoulder guards? I know he is based off the monkey king and the fighting style muay thai, but I cannot se how the gold knee/shoulder guards relate to those.
>>
>>25667855

>muay thai

you fucking what

monkey king is chinese. he uses fucking kung fu/wushu/shaolin
>>
>>25667889
>Sunkern is now overdesigned
>>
>>25667889
Actually forget Sunkern
>Mew is now overdesigned
>>
>>25667889
le genwunner bogeyman
>>
>>25667889
I thought people who were nuts over AESTHETIC were retarded but this is just a whole other level right here. Are there really people who give a shit about this as much as this faggot?
>>
File: this guy.jpg (12 KB, 200x219) Image search: [Google]
this guy.jpg
12 KB, 200x219
>>25667897
Hold on, let me paraphrase that for you.
>I am a massive faggot that thinks a Pokemon cannot be inspired by more than one thing

now does anyone know why the gold stuff is there?
pls no genwars
>>
>>25668127
Sun Wukong is royalty. Royalty usually has some type of golden adornments. Best answer I can come up with.
>>
>>25668127
Maybe somewhere in the biology of Infernape the golden growths are capable of igniting into a flame? It could make sense for physical Fire-type moves like Flare Blitz, but it's hard to think of anything else otherwise.
>>
>>25668143
I see, that makes sense.
ty for the non shitpost
>>
>>25668127
there's literally not a single element of muaythai in infernape and you're retarded for thinking it, you trying to argue that it's somehow a valid mistake in principle doesn't change that it's entirely wrong given the specifics of the actual subject.
>>
>>25668254
Just doin my bit.
>>
>>25667855
I think it's more an elaboration on the golden highlights to be more visually overall thematic.

just chalk it up to what was more visually pleasing when it was being drafted.
>>
File: Junichi_masuda_.png (218 KB, 480x239) Image search: [Google]
Junichi_masuda_.png
218 KB, 480x239
>>25667855
Junichi masuda knows the answer to that question.

twitter.com/junichi_masuda
>>
>>25667855
The golden rings are incorporated from the monkey king's golden banded staff, his favored weapon which he stole from dragon king. It technically wasn't a weapon but given its strength and magically variable size Sun Wukong uses it as one. The chest band on Infernape in particular however is a variation on the classic design of the golden headband that the monk Xuanzang uses to control Wukong in the course of the journey west story. In most depictions it is a single golden hoop with curled end. Sometime it's smooth and round, sometimes it can be a little blocky instead, looser or tighter, and other times more ornate, but always two ends met in an upward curl.
>>
>>25668346
Point being, he wears Wukong's crown around his chest, and his arms are made to look like the gold band staff: red with golden capped ends. The knees are just there to balance things out I assume.
>>
>>25667889
So Mew's not a Kanto Pokémon?
>>
>>25668346
>>25668366
top shit, ty
>>
>>25667855
idk if it's just me, but the way the gold bits whisp up kinda remind me of a cloud. Might be a reference to sun wukong's flying cloud?
>>
Maybe they just thought that the design would simply look better with them.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.