[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we stop stall from taking over? It is literally the most
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: ShinyMegaGengarWallPaper.jpg (167 KB, 1131x707) Image search: [Google]
ShinyMegaGengarWallPaper.jpg
167 KB, 1131x707
How do we stop stall from taking over? It is literally the most annoying and cancerous play style of the 4. Not to mention it takes the least skill to pull off Toxic+Substitute/ Protect.
>>
>>25665490
4? Stall, Balance, HO, ???
>>
Quit crying about strategies you don't like.

Hyper offensive is equally as cancerous.
>>
>>25665586
fissure machamp
>>
>>25665490
I'm with OP on this one stall is shit. Currently I use ferrothorn or clefable to stop it. Clefable is king of stopping stall. In future make sub and protect cause failure if used back to back.
>>
>>25665971
Better yet make protect or sub fail if used in succession
>>
File: 1368228157816.gif (1016 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1368228157816.gif
1016 KB, 320x240
>start playing OU again after a long break
>start progressing up the ladder, mid 1600s now
>every team has a Mega Sableye Clefable core

It's so fucking lame. Honestly, all my whining about Lando-T pales in comparison to this homosexuality.

They can't be outright statused, they're huge walls with regenerative abilities, and they have great typing...

It's not even so much Clefable (although it's an annoying core) it's the fact that Sableye doesn't have many counters in OU, and what could counter it Clefable has no problems walling and killing.
>>
>>25665586
Setup.
>>
>>25665490
yeah, clicking swords dance in the rain into a sweep is so much more fun and skilled
>>
>>25666033
Well that was banned faggot
>>
>>25666033
>core sweeper gets burned
>lose
>core tank gets burned
>nothing of value was lost
>>
>>25666033
Yeah because clicking Scald then one of ten different recovery abilities is much more skillful.
>>
>>25665983
I think that +protect

Clefable King of Stall, can't even learn softboiled except in FRLG.
>>
>>25666071
Lol I know wish it could but magic guard stops leech seed sub and toxic, cosmic power makes it a wall, stored power will eventually 2HKO most threats, you can run toxic if you wanna watch people rage quit. Moonlight makes clefable unbroken
>>
>>25665490
Also make could make new items OP
Unaware vest works like assault vest but instead of a special defense boost it gives it the ability unaware on top of its own ability at the cost of not being able to use status moves.
>>
>>25665611
this
>>
>>25666532
>>25665611
How so?
>>
File: Black_White_Grimsley_1684.png (71 KB, 191x399) Image search: [Google]
Black_White_Grimsley_1684.png
71 KB, 191x399
>taunt
>knock off
>snatch
>>
How do you even complain about stall when crobat exists?
>>
Put Item Clause in Showdown. Let's see Stallfags win when they can't put Leftovers on all 6 mons.
>>
>>25666714
Leftovers
Rocky Helmet
Megastone
Eviolite
Black Sludge
Shed Shell

There stall team is ready for battle
>>
>>25666744
>Rocky Helmet
Highly limited in terms of Stallmons. It's mostly used on Garchomp nowadays. Effective on Ferrothorn to an extent, but that's simple enough to counter.
>Eviolite
Knock Off bait, not even a remote threat.
>Black Sludge
Similar to Rocky Helmet in its limited usefulness. Requires a Poison mon to be run. The premiere Poison stallmon is Mega-Venusaur, who will obviously not be using it. So that leaves you with, what? Amoongus? Annoying, but predictable.

Item Clause wouldn't break up the Sablefable core, but it WOULD cripple their support. Stall would become much easier to deal with.
>>
>out speeding and one shotting each other is better

Smogonfags pls leave
>>
>>25666788
>Eviolite
>Not a threat
>Forgets that it is the most used item on chansey
>>
>>25666861
If you have a problem with Chansey, then you have a shitty team. Period.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.