[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of these Gen 5 Pokemon Day 13-Swoobat line
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
Last time were the mineral Pokemon Gigalith and prevos, today will be about Gen 5's parallel to Zubat and Golbat, Woobat and Swoobat. My thoughts:
Zubat>Woobat, but Golbat <Swoobat, design wise. Of course the OG bat wins out in the end due to a kickass 3rd evo in Crobat, which Woobat and Swoobat do not have. I haven't used these early Gen 5 Pokes either, so I'd like to know how they performed as an ingame flyer and Psychic type for you, if you used one.
>>
I thought they were really goofy when I first saw them but Woobat and subsequently Swoobat became a mainstay on my team during my run through Black. It wasn't fantastic compared to some of the other psychic types introduced in Gen V but I made it work.

In a mono flying run I did during one of my playthroughs of X I used Swoobat again. It was helpful for poison types.
>>
They look goofy and ridiculous. Just like all gen 5 Pokemon. I swear to GOD, I don't like a single pokemon from that generation.
>>
>>25663661
Shouldnt you be at drilbur line now?
>>
>>25663661
Swoobat is cute, I want to cuddle one.
>>
>>25663752
Really. You did not like any of the 156 Pokemon?http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Volcarona_(Pok%C3%A9mon)

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mienshao_(Pok%C3%A9mon)

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Braviary_(Pok%C3%A9mon)

Are these that bad looking for you?
>>
>>25663868
Yes. I don't like any of them. Volcarona is the only mon from that gen that looks "okay" at best.
>>
>>25663661
Disgusting look, when you realize these digimons' hearts aren't even their eyes it makes you hate them even more. Woobat doesn't even look like it's from the Pokemon franchise, looks like something a baby digimon could look like or a female children audience anime could use as a magical kawaii desu pet.

Swoobat is terrible, gross tail, odd looking radar ears, face looks more like a pig one than a bat one (real life bats with said noses might me ugly as hell but don't look like swines),

Oh and it's shit even with Simple, can barely take a hit even at +2 Sp.Def.

Terrible alternative to Zubat's line.
The type itself isn't bad but the final design combined with stats result was disappointing.

I swear I've seen Woobat's extemely similar designs somewhere already.
>>
>>25663868
>mienshao
generic furbait but acceptable
>volcarona
well, bugs are the best thing gen 5 has ever produced, the bugs design and sometimes even the viability made them worthy of being used and even loved, last gen that did it was gen 2
>braviary
it's a meme, mandibuzz is better tbqh
>inb4golurk&hydreigon memeposter will appear too

Should have listed Chandelure, Cinccino and like every other Bug type.
>>
>>25663661
Woobat was ok, made no sense for it to be a cavemon though given the bats it is actually based on. Would have been neat with a forest bat instead. Obviously just playing off Zybat.
Swoobat looks like shit.
>>
>>25663913
>Not liking Braviary

I actually find Braviary one of the few hardest Pokemon to dislike. Memes aside it has a pretty solid desig. The bird even looks like it could fit in with the original 151. I know I'd catch a Braviary over Pidgeot/Fearow.
>>
>>25664695
*design.
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 326x343) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 326x343
>>25663752
>>25663913
>>
File: image.png (31 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
image.png
31 KB, 250x250
Ooh oh oh Caught in woobat romance
>>
>>25663752
>>25663913

wew lad. look at this faggot and his tryhard opinions.
>>
File: Noibat-Noivern.png (160 KB, 707x356) Image search: [Google]
Noibat-Noivern.png
160 KB, 707x356
>>25663661
My opinion about Woobat/Swoobat is: I like a great amount of Gen 5 mons, but not these two, at least Gen 6 did a great "bat" again.
>>
>>25663661
If it weren't for Swoobat's weird tail and strange conjoined ears I'd probably love it. As it is, it's just okay.
As for Woobat, it is a flying fluffball with a heart nose. It's cute.
>>
>>25663967
>these digimons' hearts aren't even their eyes
How did you ever believe this? Stay mute, dumbass.
>>
I agree.

Zubat beats Woobat
Swoobat beats Golbat
Due to Crobat the Zulbat line wins overall.
>>
>>25665592
>has no eyes but a cartoonish pink round heart spot
>not thinking it's the eye of this shitmon considering it also has a random 1 tooth
>>
>>25664738
>>25664935
>different correct opinion is a ruse
stay stupid
>>
>>25663661
One thing that bothers me about Gen V is that they went out of their way in BW to only have Gen V Pokemon in Unova, and then proceeded to remake Gen I, with a new Zubat, a Geodude parallel, one Machop too, the list goes on

Of course, every generation has a bit of that with the caterpillar-like mon in early game, but it bothers me the most Gen V for some reason.
>>
>>25665545
Pretty much my thoughts, though the tail doesn't really bother me nearly as much as the dumb mono-ear. It looks fine from the front, but from the back? Terrible.

Still one of my fav mons, even though I end up nearly always using Brobat.
>>
I would have used Swoobat in one of my Unova playthroughs if not for that stupid single ear.
>>
>>25667445
>opinions
>correct

stay retarded.
>>
>>25663752

Nigger, pretty much all Pokemon look goofy and ridiculous.
>>
I used it in game and loved it. It's also a cutie. Heart stamp is fun.
Simple calm mind and stored power is a fun enough gimmick to mess around with in battles.
>>
>>25667652
Look up convergent, divergent and parallel evolution
>>
>>25663661
I like Woobat, they fucked up any potential it had with Swoobat.
>>
I love getting one in randoms. Simple is one of my favorite abilities. Easily walled though.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.