[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where do they come from? You can't buy them. Who made them?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: ether.png (19 KB, 664x122) Image search: [Google]
ether.png
19 KB, 664x122
Where do they come from?
You can't buy them.
Who made them?
>>
You could only get one Luxury Ball in Gen3, but they were for sale in XY, so by that logic they are for sale in other regions and travelers lose them
>>
>>25663320
Currently unknown.
>>
>>25663320
The words ether and elixir imply an other-worldy origin.
>>
More importantly, what is it? Some kind of drink? Where do you drink it from? I always thought it looked like some kind of deodorant stick.
>>
I could swear you could get them in gen2. AM I mistaken?
>>
>>25663515
>other-worldly
Ethers and elixirs were old medical concoctions used by doctors and sometimes sold by traveling salesmen. They're the kind of thing that is for sale somewhere but not typically at a place at kid would know about.

It's also worth noting they aren't called ether/elixir in the Japanese versions. They're just PP Aid/PP Recover and PP Aider/PP Max. Potions were translated similarly, with the original having no implication of being a drink.

>>25663529
In irl real life they're drinks but in the games and the anime items like that are used as topical sprays.
>>
>>25663529
Taste like Juice.
each one taste like a different fruit Juice.
>>
>>25663529
It's a spray.
>>
>>25663885
No. Anime series is alternative timeline/parallel universe.
>>
>>25663320
They are illegal under-the-counter performance enhancing drugs. Can't buy those in stores.
>>
>>25663639
The overly loose translation in the early games really bit them in the ass when later games actually showed what the items looked like.
>>
Anyone feel like giving away a hidden ability Eevee?
Recently got back into Y, don't have much. Got some Japanese Eevee someone sent me on GTS that didn't have Anticipation.
>>
>>25663909
Well, potions are obviously sprays. Even in the games.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.