[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Opinions? I've played bits and pieces of platinum with friends
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: starters.png (1 MB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
starters.png
1 MB, 1000x1000
Opinions? I've played bits and pieces of platinum with friends but have never actually had the chance to complete a run since I never owned a diamond/pearl/platinum cart and frankly I don't enjoy emulating games. Well I ordered a platinum cart and it should arrive soon. So which should I choose /vp/? Why?
>>
File: 1457649567646.png (449 KB, 1525x525) Image search: [Google]
1457649567646.png
449 KB, 1525x525
>>25658745
go for a modest piplup.
>>
It's the year of the fire monkey. Go with chimchar.

You won't find any more fire types during the game anyway.
>>
>>25658745
Gen IV was the first gen I had trouble picking 1 out of the 3 starters.

If you had gotten Diamond or Pearl instead I would have said to go with Infernape because the lack of good fire types. However since you are getting Platinum I think Torterra is the best option even though I like all three the same.
>>
>>25658760
I'll definitely consider it, any particular reason?
>>25658767
Cute, I've been told that there are hardly any fire type pokemon, from a glance my other option is ponyta?
>>
ez mode: infernape
normal mode: torterra
hard mode: empoleon
>>
i went with turtwig my first time because i loved the concept of torterra.
>>
>>25658790
modest nature will make piplup super awesome. plus piplup is just badass.

go for a jolly chimchar if you want that. he is wicked quick with speed so jolly helps it.
>>
>>25658793
Is that so? I thought empoleon would do well looking at the gyms
>>25658802
Yeah me too, I'm a big fan of venusaur so torterra speaks to me in that way, but I like all of these designs which is making it difficult to choose!
>>25658805
Wow, looks like chimchar is a speedy little guy! I like that!
>>
>>25658835
There are more fite types in Platinum.

You catch a Houndour and Magmar as well as a Ponyta if you decide not to get Infernape, I could be missing a few though.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.