[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why can trainers only carry 6 Pokémon?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
File: pokeballs_by_ethonaut-d5imw61.jpg (77 KB, 1191x670) Image search: [Google]
pokeballs_by_ethonaut-d5imw61.jpg
77 KB, 1191x670
Why can trainers only carry 6 Pokémon?
>>
Game balance.
>>
>>25658713
The Ashime did it too. Must be a sportsmanship rule.

Why you can't haven the rest of your gang trail behind you is beyond me.
>>
>>25658727
The anime is based on the games.
>>
league rules. we only ever play league challengers in the mainline, and thats what Ash always is.
>>
>>25658727
>Why you can't haven the rest of your gang trail behind you is beyond me

Because that would be a lot more expensive to animate.
>>
Because having more would make battles way too long
>>
So each one gets love, affection and training without having so many pokemon with you others get left out.
>>
>>25658736
>>25658727
>>25658713

there could still be a rule to only USE 6 Pokémon in a battle, but still carry more than 6.
>>
>>25658741
I finally understand why digimon always went back to small size in the anime...
>>
>>25658757
What would that add, other than making team building less important and the game easier?
>>
>>25658757
there could be, but right now thats just not the way the league rules work. if you feel that this is not optimal you could submit a request for review of the particular bylaw in question, which would then be discussed at the next rules and regulations subcommittee meeting to be held no later than 3 months prior to the next league tournament
>>
>>25658770
HM Usage. Egg hatching (why do they take away slots anyway, logically?) Team Building, Training, making them happy.
>>
File: kornheiser enchanting.jpg (26 KB, 312x400) Image search: [Google]
kornheiser enchanting.jpg
26 KB, 312x400
>>25658710
>tfw two of my favorite games have you play with a team of 6.

Truly, 6 is a magical number in vidya along with 4.
>>
>>25658757
I remember how in their Sewaddle episode back in BW that the pokeball locked up by shrinking because it was the seventh member added.

Unless you meant something different.
>>
>>25658801
>not 3

3 Starter Pokemon to pick from
3 Legendaries in a trio
3 Triforce pieces
3 Godesses of Hyrule
3 roles to pick from in MMORPGS (Tank,Heal,DD)
etc.

Also, the third entry in a game series is always the best.
>>
>>25658710
Diabeetus
>>
>>25658816
>3 Legendaries in a trio
A little obvious, don't you think, Captain?

You're right though, but I was refering to the best number for a party, like in Pokémon or Baldur's Gate.

>>25658830
Call Wilford Brimley.
>>
>>25658710

Imagine having more than three pairs of balls
>>
>>25658816
not all third entries are the best, Mass Effect 3 sucked dicks, revelations was meh, Ruby/Sapphire still worst GEN
>>
>>25658816
>3 roles to pick from in MMORPGs
as much of a letdown as the game ultimately was, I fucking loved the Controller role in DC Universe Online. Fuck you.
>>
>>25658757
it has been stated that it is difficult to raise pokemon and if you have too many you cannot give all enough attention

Maybe the 6 number was decided as a good number to take care while traveling, more than that would be pokemon abuse/neglect
of course in a house/farm/ranch it seems to be allowed as many as you can fit in a confortable space
>>
>>25658727
>Ashime
why are people still trying to force this meme buzzword?
>>
>>25659720
The funny thing is that it's a completely retarded made up word. Every time I see it I have to take a second to figure out what the idiot posting it is saying.
>>
>implying having Pokemon in your possession doesn't drain a part of your lifeforce and Pokeball won't activate beyond 6 because 6 is the number beyond which your organism cannot make up entirely for lost energy.
>>
>>25658710
Have you ever tried to care for seven dogs for months at a time?

What about seven kids?

It's very likely it was a rule set in place to avoid negligence and mistreatment in the part of the game we as players have zero impact in, that is, Pokemon caretaking.
>>
>>25659766
It's more likely it was a rule set to make use of a certain number of team members compared to the 151 that existed back in that day. I'm pretty sure the usual RPG party consists of like 4 members so raising the limit was necessary in order to have people use more diverse Pokemon without making matches running endlessly.
There was also the part about unforgettable HMs too that take a significant part of your overall movepool.
>>
>>25658816
Also, the third entry in a game series is always the best.

>yellow is the best game

or if you're going by generations

>gen 3 was the best

Both are objectively wrong, theory disproven
>>
>>25658710
It's basically gun control.
>>
>>25662047
No. Because of electric attraction side effects.
>>
>>25659453
Well explain why only RSE and ORAS had the most interesting content?
>>
Obviously a game limitation, probably to make the bosses seem big enough.

Lorewise? Taking care of a lot of pokes wouldn't be easy by any stretch of the imagination. Even six seems like a tad too many. There may also be some kind of regulation behind it as well.
>>
>>25661978
>yellow
But Blue is the third
>>
File: 1450179119403.png (357 KB, 397x402) Image search: [Google]
1450179119403.png
357 KB, 397x402
>>25658727
>Ashime
As opposed to what other Pokemon anime?
>>
>>25664869
I'm counting Red/Green and Red/Blue as one game each, so yellow is the third.
>>
>>25664883
origins
mystery dungeon mini-series
>>
>>25665313
Both of those are just OVAs. If you say "the anime", no one except a contrarian autist would think twice about what you meant. But then, I suppose that explains why people on /vp/ get pedantic about it.
>>
Not to mention it's a really annoying way of saying you hate Ash. Just stick to the specifics and stop trying to make a buzzword.
>>
>>25658816
>Also, the third entry in a game series is always the best.

you spelled second wrong
>>
I like to think its a law in the pokeworld to stop people from wrecking shit with armies of pokemon
>>
>>25658710
>It's a Tamashii thread in disguise
>>
It's a legally regulated system in a world where people are naturally benevolent and honorable for the most part. I could imagine certain criminal organizations like Team Rocket breaking the rules and carrying more than 6, but then they're just restricted by game mechanics.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.