[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>There are people that don't want Gen V's EXP scaling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: 1457558977602.jpg (15 KB, 320x310) Image search: [Google]
1457558977602.jpg
15 KB, 320x310
>There are people that don't want Gen V's EXP scaling

For what purpose.
>>
>>25658665
because ORAS was EPICC XD

but really it's because half of /vp/ are underage crossposters from tumblr who don't know what the fuck they're talking about
>>
>>25658665
>>25658676

Sorry, but the penalty for trying to reach level 100 far outweighs any positive element.

Seriously, I was murdering Audino's left and right and still taking forever to gain a single level.
>>
>>25659288
In that case, why couldn't they just introduce an item during post-game that eliminates the penalty for using a mon at a higher level compared to the enemy, and you can toggle it on/off like with the EXP Share in Gen 6?
>>
>>25659309
They could. But they didn't, and I don't trust them to actually do that.

I don't mind the scaling up, but scaling down was a huge punishment that wasn't really necessary. (I'd be just fine with it being a difficulty toggle though.)
>>
>OMG THE EXP SHARE IS SO OVERPOWER IT MAKES MY POKEMAN TEAM LVL SO UP QUICKLY IT MAKES THIS GAME SO EZY FOR KIDZ! PLZ GF FIX THIS!!!
>>
>OMG RUINED THE FUN OF GRINDING LEVELS FOR DAYS WHAT IMMA GUN DO WITH MY LIFE NAO
>>
Same reason I don't want the old exp share back. Having older experience systems may make the main game slightly less of a joke but it would make post game shit far more tedious.
>>
>>25658665
we don't want all the good things, otherwise there would be nothing left to complain
>>
>>25659288
What's the point of reaching Lv 100? Like, you beat the game already by that point.
>>
>>25659795
Because it actually feels like an achievement to get a team of 100's?

Or for a non-autistic reason, there are Pokemon that learn moves at ridiculous levels (and even some that evolve crazy high.) Training should be the least tedious part of postgame.
>>
>>25658665
>>25659288
>>25659309
>>25659333
>>25659384
>>25659627
Why the fuck do people care about this? Making your mons level up less quickly doesn't make the game harder, it makes the game more tedious and thus, less fun. Gen VI got it right.

That is, unless you're Nuzlocking, which is an unintended game mode added by the players to make the game more difficult. In which case, it WOULD make the game easier by preventing deaths during grinding.
>>
>>25659817
There aren't any Pokemon that learn moves last 85, are there? That's craaaazy.

I dunno, I never felt the need to grind after I beat the game. Any XP I get after that is just gravy.
>>
I was gonna reply but

>>25659850
/threaded for me.
>>
>>25659903
>>25659850
>GEN 5 IZ DEFINITELY DA BEST BECAUSE OF DA LEBUL SCALING ALL OFER GENS ARE SHIT! SHIT!!!!
>well, you don't exactly need any levels past 85
God you guys are fucking retarded.
>>25659818
Makes a great point about another aspect of your shit taste.
>>
>>25659935
I actually haven't played a gen since IV. I'm working on it. I can't imagine it being super different.
>>
>>25659850
Volcarona literally learns a move at level 100.
>>
>>25659817
Didn't ORAS make it so all moves after like 50 can be relearned through a tutor?

Recently level 100's been kind of unnecessary
>>
>>25660402
If this is true I have never heard of it OR seen it in action.

Source? (And my autism still wants level 100's.)
>>
Gen V's exp system combined with the Lucky egg allowed for freshly caught or hatched Pokemon to catch up to the rest of your team easily, much easier than Gen 6's exp share does, but prevented you from being grossly overlevelled.

I was fine with the system, because unless you're one of those retards who had a full team of 6 by the 3rd Gym(why do people do this to themselves?) then you didn't need to do any grinding at all.

The best part was that beating just a single one of those level 64 Audino you could find in Pinwheel forest in Black 2 with a newly hatched Litwick holding a lucky egg took you straight from level 1 to level 42. It was glorious.
>>
>>25660468
Things like Volcarona's Fiery Dance and Mawile's Play Rough and Iron Head can be relearned for added convenience

There might be more

>>25660568
Seems people don't realize this was what the new EXP system was best at. Even once you get near the end to level 100 I actually found it easier to grind Audino in B2 than I did any other game in the series with the Lucky Egg

I never thought the EXP system was an issue because I understood how it worked and I wasn't retarded
>>
>>25660568
Another good thing I forgot to mention was that Gen V was the first gen where your Pokemon could still gain EV's even if they were level 100, so you could abuse the fuck out of Rare candies if you wanted to make leveling quicker.
>>
>start a new ORAS game
>level two pokemonamie and trades from another game+exp share=full team of level 70+'s in less than 40 hours
>had all 6 to 100 by hour 45ish

Do you guys just not want to play the game? Like, that's gotta be the issue here.

So, let me get this straight--when a game can be 100% in less than 20 hours, the gaming community as a whole loses it's goddamned mind. But if takes longer to achieve everything you wanted, you bitch and moan?

Now I get it, you're all a bunch of contrarian faggots who actually have no idea what you like, but can you not see the goddamned irony here?
>>
Based Gen 5 also gave plenty of Rare Candies out for that last little push to lv 100.
>>
>>25660688
Wasn't there that one Pokemon Breeder in BW2 where if you kept going in and out of the Pokemon Stadium you could grind for infinite Rare Candies because of the way their battle mechanics work?
>>
>>25660654
More like everyone stops caring after tediously long grinds.
>>
>>25659818

Read posts before you reply to them dumbass. I said the gen 6 system is best.
>>
>>25660645
Pretty fucking sure I EV trained level 100's in D/P/Pt, so I call bullshit.

In fact, fuck it, you could gain EV's in R/B/Y with level 100's, and I know that one for a fact.
>>
>>25658665
They grinded so much it was no longer a mind numbing chore. It became fun.
>>
>>25660751

Look it up retard. E.V's are only calculated on level up in 4th gen with the exception of form changes that change stats.
>>
>>25660763
As far as I am aware, boxing Pokemon forces a check, and has always worked for me. If gen 4 is somehow exempt, that's news to me.
>>
>>25660751
>In fact, fuck it, you could gain EV's in R/B/Y with level 100's, and I know that one for a fact.

Gen V was the first gen where you could ev train level 100 pokemon without that box trick glitch, so the anon is right.
>>
>>25658665
Ironically because of generation 5's pokemon having absurdly high evolution levels.
>>
>>25660889
Is it actually a glitch though? And regardless, it was actually possible, so it's semantics past that fact.
>>
>>25660378
That's retarded.

Is it like, a signature move?
>>
>>25660911
They had high evolution levels because gen 5 the wild Pokemon levels are balanced around the point in the game you have them at. You either have high evolution levels or another Johto situation where the end game wild Pokemon are underleveled as fuck.
>>
>>25661506
Yes. It's called Fiery Dance.
>>
The best system would be gen V exp share + audino during the story and then gen VI exp share post game.

Overall I'd much rather have gen V's system though. It offers way better control and it actually levels new party members FASTER because of how exp scales and how you can focus on only one member instead of slowly overleveling your entire party.

>but muh grinding
you never need to grind in gen V unless you're just flat out bad at the game.
>>
File: 1453336697498.png (90 KB, 254x254) Image search: [Google]
1453336697498.png
90 KB, 254x254
>>25661941
This. It's disgusting to see what length people would go to hate on Gen V.

In the first place, why would you prefer to have a shit exp curve over lvling your mons past what the max story level is. We can have both, sure, but the former is much more importent to the overall fun. It's like people actually have more fun leveling their mons from 60 to 100 then the actual post E4 adventure.
>>
>>25662100
>why would you prefer faster grinding from 60 to 100 over a good exp curve and convenient system for the whole campaign

Fixed. Damn, my brain really doesn't work in the morning.

It's kinda ironic in a way actually. If you don't like tedious grinding in the first place, why are you leveling your pokemon past the AI's max level? And it takes out the tedious grinding for newly caught pokemon that are underleveled.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.