[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
for what purpose
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: pokken-controller-jpg.jpg (100 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
pokken-controller-jpg.jpg
100 KB, 600x450
for what purpose
>>
File: thatsnoarcadestick.jpg (33 KB, 622x349) Image search: [Google]
thatsnoarcadestick.jpg
33 KB, 622x349
GamePad is kind of awkward for it, that's why. Though I don't see why you couldn't just use the Pro Controller. Reminder that it's also the official arcade controller.
>>
>>25658468
I've played so much Xenoblade X the Gamepad is really comfy for me now, personally.
>>
>>25658477

I find it comfortable, but it doesn't really work for Pokken all that well since important actions are mapped to the regular l and r buttons. They can probably be remapped, though.
>>
>>25658477
same

I prefer GC for sm4sh though
>>
>>25658468
I played the arcade a lot while in Japan, and me and my friend got the controller JUST for nostalgia.
Fucking wasted $25 I don't regret it
>>
>>25658419
Wired (=no input lag)
Cheaper than the Pro Controller
>>
>>25658610
>Bluetooth
>input lag
>>
>>25658509
GC controller is practically smash Controller now
they still should have let WW hd and TP hd allow usage of it
>>
File: adolf.jpg (32 KB, 300x555) Image search: [Google]
adolf.jpg
32 KB, 300x555
>>25658419
>those Z buttons in the center and not on the sides.
Why did they do this? That's just awful.
>>
>>25658661
Let's be honest: the Gamecube controller was the last good controller made by Nintendo, and it's been more than a fucking decade.
>>
>>25658689
Because the z buttons aren't used in Pokken?

Also, daily reminder that Pokken is basically played on a SNES controller.
>>
>>25658689
They're unused. The real question is why they're even there.
>>
This is pretty epic looking. Where can I get one?
>>
File: speechless.jpg (9 KB, 300x562) Image search: [Google]
speechless.jpg
9 KB, 300x562
>>25658738
>a SNES controller.
I genuinely fail to understand why they'd do something that seems like a giant leap in the wrong direction, but hey, whatever floats their boat.
>>
That D-Pad looks mushy and terrible. Has anyone here tried it and can confirm my suspicions?
>>
>>25658419

tournaments.

90+% of tournaments only allow the use of wired controllers, not because "MUH LATENCY" (which is unnoticable when bluetooth, which are the WiiU and all other current controllers) , it's to prevent troll tactics like pausing/shutting off the game.

>but why didn't they just make a wired WiiU Pro Controller

because Nintendo wasnt in charge of making the wired controller, it was Bamco.
>>
>>25658697
It wasn't, the wavebird for the gamecube was the best.
>>
>gamecube adapters don't work
for what purpose
>>
File: gards.png (79 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
gards.png
79 KB, 600x600
>>25660608
Forcing GC adapters to Tr4sh was the most retarded thing they could come up with. It's their best controller to date, but they think only Meleetards care about it
>>
>>25660419
>it's to prevent troll tactics like pausing/shutting off the game

It's also to prevent interference from other controllers. Iirc (I don't own any of those) it's a bit tricky to turn them off completely, and having multiple ones around will fuck everything up.

Whenever they are allowed it must be the wired version (the connection is still wireless and the wire is just power, bravo nintendo) without batteries.
>>
how much is this and how much does a gamepad go for?
>>
>>25660513
Basically the same fucking thing though
>>
>>25664972
$25 for Pokken controller
Game pad is like $60 I think
>>
>>25658821
I dunno, it really works for it.

That there's no way to play with an ACTUAL SNES controller is a sin.
>>
>>25658468

Yo like how the fuck this controller isn't gonna gonna get greasy and fucked up at arcades? Is it some kind of special controller without orifices?
>>
>>25658419
Preparation for the NX
>>
>>25658821
SF5 uses the same 6 buttons.
>>
>>25658419
its the arcade gamepad.

even says so on the box it comes in....
>>
>>25667002
that's not what OP is saying

the controller is retarded
>>
>>25658468
Pro Controller is the comfiest thing ever.
I even use it to play PC games.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.