[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How far can this Ubers team go? Lugia @ Leftovers Ability:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: 249Lugia_OS_anime.png (80 KB, 731x566) Image search: [Google]
249Lugia_OS_anime.png
80 KB, 731x566
How far can this Ubers team go?

Lugia @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Whirlwind
- Ice Beam
- Roost
- Toxic

Arceus @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Earthquake

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 228 HP / 240 SpA / 40 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Toxic
- Thunder
- Ice Beam

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 96 SpD / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Polish
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

Ho-Oh @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Atk / 12 SpD / 52 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Mewtwonite X
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 240 Atk / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Low Kick
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
>>
I honestly hate you
>>
>>25658010
>both primals
>giving lugia a bulk EV spread, but also giving it an offensive moveset
>your arceus will need swords dance to set up (which you have,) but it will get OHKOd by a fighting move or a boosted neutral move. Why you invested 252 in speed I have no idea, because you already have a priority move and it will be outsped anyway by anything that is speed based (Deoxys speed for example.) Arceus's biggest advantage is that it is the perfect "glue pokemon", meaning it is perfect for covering up your team's weaknesses.
>>
>no fug
>>
>>25658010
4 Physical attackers
1 Special attacker
Thats a problem
>>
Soul dew latios nukes your team
>>
>>25658010
Why not regen choice scarf ho-oh? U-turn, sacred fire, earthquake, brave bird.
>>
>>25658663
>offensive moveset
>only one non stab damaging move
>>
>>25658010
>Roost on Lugia instead of Recover
Is like you want to get hit by Earthquake on the recovery turn
>Water Spout on anything other than a Scarfed Kyogre and no second Water Move for when you're on low health
Have fun not being able to use your only STAB after the first turn
>No Fire Punch on Groudon
>Pressure instead of Regenerator on Ho-Oh
Stealth Rock + Brave Bird = Dead
And what kind of retarded Mewtwo X set is that?
Maybe try not getting sets from Smogon next time
>>
>Multiscale on Lugia.

Just because it's a HA, it doesn't mean it's better then the normal ability.
>>
>>25659090

Not really
>>
>>25658663

Have you ever played ubers? Like, ever?

For one, that Lugia set is pretty standard, and effective in current Ubers.

Also, you need max speed Arceus to speedtie other Arceus as well as Gengar pre-mega
>>
>>25660165

Are you retarded or just trolling? Multiscale is objectively the superior ability
>>
>>25660144

Um, bar the Lugia set(not even the optimal spread), none of these sets are on smogon. Also, Lugia runs roost because of its fairly high speed stat, allowing its weaknesses to mons like kyuremw, rock move primaldon, and zekrom to be negated, which is why it usually runs 136 speed to outspeed them. So yes, roost is better than recover in ubers.
>>
>>25659090
>>25658663
>>25660144
>>25660165

I can tell you four have never played ubers a day in your life.
>>
>playing ubers
>>
>playing the worst meta
>>
>>25660372
And even then they know better than you
There's no reason to be running Water Spout on Primal Kyogre over Origin Pulse or Surf
Lugia is supposed to stall, the faster the opponent burns his Pokémon's PP the better, that's why Pressure is better unless you're setting up Calm Minds on an attacking set or something
There's literally no excuse to be running Pressure over Regenerator on Ho-Oh with Smogon Rocks being so common and Brave Bird being its only good Flying Type attack, some sets even run Flare Blitz along with Sacred Fire because of its low PP and half of the Pokémon in the tier having Pressure, it is also Choice'd which means it will be switching out a lot, not getting the Regenerator recovery would be a waste
And I don't even know what that Mewtwo set is supposed to do, apparently it is supposed to be bulky, Drain Punch would be a better option if that's the case, Sp. Def. investment with Bulk Up would be better as well
>>
That reminds me, my team is pretty old, should I update it?
>>
>>25660262

In a tier full of 5 PP moves. Pressure on a wall is amazing.
>>
>>25660680
I never said anything about those sets?
1.) We all know water spout on primal kyogre is pretty bad, especially one that slow
2.) No pressure, is not the superior ability on Lugia I don't know what Ubers you've been playing
3.) Obviously Regenerator is better, I never said it wasn't. I was referring to the other couple things he mentioned, which are false
>>
>>25660780

Uh huh, yeah that's cool and all, but think about the kind of pokemon in the tier that are even gonna try and attack Lugia in the first place, then you'll know why Multiscale is 100% better.
>>
>>25658010
>Choice Band Ho-Oh with Sleep Talk
WTF? Why?

>That Lugia set
Jesus Christ, if you want a shit Lugia set just use Weakness Policy.

>That Mewtwo X
What is this even for? Allowing Xerneas to set up on you?

Okay, sorry if I was rude. Best advice is to ditch that loser Mewtwo and get yourself a Mega Diancie since it wrecks a lot of shit you're otherwise bad against (Darkrai, Latios). Also, I'd switch Primal Kyogre to Scarf sicne everyone expects Primal Kyogre now and that can take people by surprise and is still really freaking good. Your team is pretty low speed in general, so adding a fast guy like that for revenge killing might work.
>>
>>25660869

That Lugia set is pretty standard, as well as the Ho-Oh set.....
>>
>>25660700
Pls respond
>>
>>25660144
>Is like you want to get hit by Earthquake on the recovery turn
Better than being hit with an SE rock attack
>>
>>25660869

Sleep talk is for Darkrai, also if you don't know that Lugia set then I doubt whether you've ever played ubers
>>
>>25660869
please don't rate a meta you've never played.
>>
>>25660922
Yeah it needs updating
>>
>>25658010

Giratina walls you.
>>
File: 1425629345944.jpg (40 KB, 357x362) Image search: [Google]
1425629345944.jpg
40 KB, 357x362
>>25658663
Good god, this amount of ignorance should be illegal
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.