[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this not a Ghost-type? >Ability is basically Nightmare,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 491Darkrai[1].png (617 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
491Darkrai[1].png
617 KB, 1280x1280
Why is this not a Ghost-type?

>Ability is basically Nightmare, a Ghost-type move
>Is a shadow elemental, something that fits the Ghost-type more than the Dark-type (Shadow Ball, Shadow Claw, Shadow Sneak, and Night Shade are all Ghost-type moves, while Dark-type moves except for Dark Void revolve sneakiness, trickery, and just being a dick)
>Dark-type is called Evil in Japan, but it is explicitly stated that Darkrai is not evil, and intentionally isolates itself to avoid hurting anyone with its powers that it has no control over, and makes sure Cresselia is always nearby so that she can heal those it does hurt
>>
Isn't Darkrai the first Dark-type Legendary or something? That might have something to do with it.
>>
>>25656111
Y'know what? Fine. I hear people say that all the time, and I don't even think it makes sense, but fine. You want Darkrai to be a Ghost type? Make Cresselia a Fairy type first. Then we can talk.
>>
>>25656147
Just make megas that retype both.
>>
>>25656147
actually, fairy-type cresselia makes a lot of sense
>>
I thought he'd be Dark/Ghost at first but I guess a legendary with no type weakness would've been OP.
>>
>>25656147
"I'm holding your ghost typing hostage. Give us the ransom and no one gets hurt. We WILL use violent means to make this operation go smoothly."
>>
>>25656147
If this DOESN'T happen with Gen4 remake Megas, I'd be VERY suprized.
>>
>Implying Mega Darkrai won't be Dark/Fairy to match Cresselia

Seelie and unseelie. Full moon or new moon, it's all associated with Fairy.
>>
>>25656147
>>25656154
that works

>psychic/fairy cresselia
>dark/ghost darkrai
>>
>>25656111
It's not a non-corporeal entity which is the main qualification for Ghost-types. Only real exceptions I can think of are Sableye and Frosslass.
>>
>>25656533
Well Froslass is based off of an ice spirit so it counts. None of Snorunt's line makes sense though, you'd think Snorunt would be Ice/Fairy and Glalie be Ice/Rock from their Pokedex descriptions

Sableye I've got no explanation though
>>
>>25656533
Bannette, Chandelure, Aegislash,
>>
>>25656111
Darkrai is the dark side of the Moon.
>>
Darkrai should have never existed
>>
>>25656567
Those are all things that a spirit possessed.

The only real standout to ghost is Sableye who is described as just some weird little cave fucker with one dex listing about maybe eating souls.

Darkrai just sort of looks spooky but is in no way a spirit or related to souls and stuff that typically go with ghost type.

Grant you dark is a real pointless sort of typing but still there's nothing about him specifically related to ghosts.
>>
>>25656111
His name is a portmanteau of Dark and Kurai. He's literally dark darkness.
Also, 悪 doesn't necessarily have a bad connotation in Japanese. It's more "fierce, brutal, ferocious, daring, strong". For example, Minamoto no Yoshitomo's nickname was Akugenta because he was fierce. 悪魔 means demon, and Darkrai is clearly a demon.
"Outcast from society, an obstruction to the peace, doesn't obey authority" is also one of the connotations of 悪. Darkrai is seen as a nuisance to the people, similarly to Absol, and thus it fits in with this connotation.
>>
>>25656147
Cresselia is literally just one of those legendarily that was psychic because psychic was the 'mystical' typing for so long.
>>
Darkrai should have been Ghost.
And Giratina should have been Dark/Dragon.

GF are silly.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.