[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you feel if Misty and Brock rejoined Ash on his journey
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 7
How would you feel if Misty and Brock rejoined Ash on his journey in the Sun and Moon region?
>>
I know this is a bait thread, but I wouldn't bother watching. I grew entirely bored of these two halfway into the Johto arc.
>>
It would make me feel the writers are running out of characters to stick Ash with.
>>
I dont care, it will be the same shit
>>
I might watch the first episode. But since one of the original writers for the anime passed away during the Johto saga, it wouldn't be the same.
>>
I love them, but I'd rather them not be poisoned by the current team of writers.

The damage done to them in the johto league was enough.
>>
>>25655086
Just finished the Orange Islands, what damage happens?
>>25655067
How exactly is this a bait thread?
>>
It wouldn't help anything, make Ash win a league for once and then we will see
>>
>>25655049
I just can't see them as being travel companion material any more. Misty has the gym to worry about, because it's not like her sisters are useful in that regards.

Brock, meanwhile, is neck deep in his dream of becoming a Pokemon doctor, having made up his mind on it all.

They have nothing to contribute towards advertisement for Sun/Moon in any way, and would simply be relics with no real goal at all, since they are already working on their lives and everything.
>>
Misty and Brock should have both been done away with in the anime a lot earlier, especially Brock, who had no business coming back for 4 generations and 600 episodes.
>>
>>25655049
>Brock joins
>Replace Misty with May
>Have Serena be there too
>Replace Pikachu with Dawn
>Replace Ash's brain with Cilan's
>The Sun and Moon region is Bianca's house
Sounds fine, OP
>>
If Shudo was alive and writing it, the show would improve ten-fold compared to how it is now.
>>
i would begin watching the anime again
>>
I love Brock and Misty, but theres no reason for them to come back. I'd much rather see them make Ash into the companion character to a new trainer and then eventually finally remove him from the show too.
>>
>>25657708
But he was around for half of Johto and Misty/Brock were there and it was lousy.

Seems Shudo was a one-hit wonder. After Kanto ended his writing was never the same.
>>
I haven't cared about the anime since like Johto.
And I don't think this would get me to watch, honestly.
>>
>>25655049
What would even be the point?
>>
>>25658033
Do you people even know which specific episodes Shudo wrote? He didn't really do much writing, he mostly just coordinated the others.
>>
>>25657708
I sure would love seeing Ash still be a Nobita-tier retard and every badge being a pity badge!
>>
Brock could come back.
Not misty.
They need to get people on waifu bait.
>>
>>25655049

forced.

but I want them to at least make one appearance.

I hate how so many of these companions have never met one another.
>>
>>25657708
Shudo hated Misty.
>>
File: 1435885389979.jpg (15 KB, 320x310) Image search: [Google]
1435885389979.jpg
15 KB, 320x310
>>25655133
>>
Loved them, but no. A simple cameo would be fun though.
>>
>>25655049
Changes nothing. Only the idiots are watching it, and everyone else that can see how brain-dead it is bashes the hell out of it.
>>
>>25657708
I'm not too sure. His interpretation was supreme edgelord mixed with parody.
>>
>>25657708
A lot of Shudo's choices ended up being discredited by GameFreak themselves.
>>
>Ash and co. walking through the first forest/route past the first town newfags get sent to get some parcel to continue the story
>filler town
>competition that's supposedly legendary and attracts powerful trainers from across the world in their little town
>Ash decides he wants to join, gets told he needs 3 pokemon to enter
>dumbass only has the starter and downgraded pikachu
>calls oak for his charizard or pidgeot comes back your choice
>finally has three, enters and his newfriends cheer him on
>reaches the final round, to take place next episode.
>last five minutes spent with team rocket disguised but unaware of ash listening over talking about stealing the final competitors pokemon because they're allegedly some super strong trainers from a foreign land.
>new episode starts out with pikachu reassuring ash he'll win
>lights go up
>AND IN THIS CORNER, ALL THE WAY FROM THE KANTO REGION IT'S ASH KETCHUM
>crowd cheers with token waifubait's starter cheering loudly
>AND IN THIS CORNER-
>>
>ALSO FROM KANTO, BUT A GYM LEADER
>depending on the time of day aired it's either brock or misty
>if misty she'll say some stupid shit like well ash its been so long and you still haven't paid my bike back
>if brock he'll say something about going back to basics
>3 fully evolved pokemon, strong as fuck
>pikachu ends up winning the final battle because muh gimmick
>they all decide to join up in this reigon
>walking in the forest they see the gym in the horizon
>run over just to hear a voice
>"Running towards the gym ash? You're such a kid!"
>>
>>25655049
It would be shit regardless. Old characters being there =/= good writing
>>
>>25657708
Isn't that the guy who did Goshogun and the first 3 Pokemon movies? Sucks he died.
>>
>>25662666
>you still haven't paid my bike back
He doesn't need to. Nurse Joy had it fixed.
>>
It would be the most boring arc of the series. Both characters got boring after a while and only work for guest appearances where they have more to do.
>>
>>25662744
>Ash points this out
>Misty points out it was nurse joy that fixed his bike but he techincally never paid him back
>/vp/ reposts said screencap calling her a bitch and something about genwunner nostlogiafags
I completely forgot about johto.
>>
>>25662779
>him
Fuck I'm retarded.
>>
I distinctly remember Johto ending with Ash giving Misty a new bike.
>>
>>25662944
It was Nurse Joy that gave Misty back her bike after fixing it
>>
>>25655049
idk it'd be nice. Probably would get some people to start watching the anime again, but i doubt it'd change the quality of the anime
>>
>>25663058
>Probably would get some people to start watching the anime again
Literally every single memefag that stopped watching because muh Misty would watch a single episode, post about it on Facebook, then drop the show again.
>>
>>25663077
Case in point, Brock was there all the way till the end of DP and all those original fans didn't care and didn't bother to watch anything after the early seasons anyway
>>
>>25663077
you have a point. They'll probably drop it because "all the new pokemon are shitty. where da original, real 151 pokemanz at?? muh childhood"
>>
>>25663118
Not to mention in the dub the characters won't have their original 4kids voices either, so they won't like it for that reason alone.
>>
The anime is for kids so who cares?
>>
>>25663476
So are the games.
>>
>>25655117
because he is a anime thread poster, and those guys are paranoiac as fuck and think that everything is bait
>>
>>25663182

That's legitimate complaint though, the new voices are pig shit awful.
>>
>>25663548
The dub is produced for illiterates, so your ability to actually type out such a complaint invalidates it.
>>
>>25663583
Wanting to read a television show instead of watching it is for crazy people.
>>
File: murrica.jpg (260 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
murrica.jpg
260 KB, 500x375
>>25663594
>>
I find it odd that now of all times the Mistyfags have reinvigorated their agenda. Has the anniversary really caused that many genwunners to run rampant? It doesn't matter. It'll blow over eventually regardless. It's a pity, though. Why can't anyone realize that you can't repair a rift that large? Why must my generation be full of idiots that can't realize they are not a child anymore?
>>
>>25655121
What happened to being a breeder? Wasn't that the entire point of his journey?
>>
File: 1457585871605.jpg (9 KB, 477x360) Image search: [Google]
1457585871605.jpg
9 KB, 477x360
>>25663476
>>25663583
This shit again.
"Lolz, it's a kid show, so STOP SHITTING ON IT!!1!"
You know, no one can really be "overaged" for something, right? Because it's not a real word, because it's fucking retarded to be so.
>>
>>25663807
>>25663819
>>25663842
kek
>>
>>25663842
I meant don't expect the show to cater to the adult fandom the way the games do.
>>
>>25655117

>Just finished the Orange Islands, what damage happens?

nothing, just the same shit over and over.
>>
>>25663929
All of those are minor things with poor implementation. I wouldn't count them for anything.
>>
>>25663929
The XY series has been catering hard to waifufags and idolfags.
>>
>>25663994
Mega evolution and pokebank aren't minor.
>>
>>25664045
You say that as if the games haven't.
>>
>>25664078
Oh, it has, but not to such an extreme degree
>>
>>25664106
fucking hope Sun and Moon tones it down, tripokalons are boring as fuck
>>
>>25664046
Mega evolution still has poor implementation and I don't see how Pokebank caters to adults. It only does for the nostalgiafags who got the VC release. I doubt they'll play SM for two seconds before saying it's too different and leaving again. They aren't fans, they're hipsters.
>>
>>25664106
Are you sure about that?
>>
I wouldn't mind tbqh, as long as they didn't relegate them to sitting in the background literally all the time again. Brock was a bro, but they really chose to do nothing with him for 4 seasons straight.
>>
File: you're_a_homo.jpg (23 KB, 300x431) Image search: [Google]
you're_a_homo.jpg
23 KB, 300x431
>>25664120
>he doesn't like cute girls doing cute things
>>
>>25664158
I do. I also want to see some pokémon fighting in my pokémon anime from time to time.
>>
>>25664131
I'm not talking about S&M. Children and hipsters weren't asking for Pokebank in XY. And I don't think kids were asking for all of the IV shit they added in ORAS either.
>>
>>25664209
Nevermind, nobody was asking for the IV stuff in ORAS
>>
>>25664209
We're not the only ones that want to transfer our pokemon, you know. We WERE the only ones asking for more storage, though. What for, I have no idea, nobody really needs that much storage, the games had more than enough as it was. Still, it doesn't benefit only us.
>>
>Brock got laid during his absence so he no longer turns into Pepe le Pew every time he sees a girl
>Misty transitions to dere
>Ash stop being oblivious
>All the other girls collectively kill themselves
>>
>>25655086

>I love them, but I'd rather them not be poisoned by the current team of writers.

But XYZ is legitimately good.
>>
>>25664365
Brock last appeared less than three years ago and still acted like always.
>>
>>25664402
You are going to get people that are tired of the anime to change their mind.
>>
>>25664158
When did Pokemon became Fire Emblem? Get that shit out of here.
>>
>>25658666

>implying Misty isnt best waifu

First 2D I ever fell in love with
>>
Brock and Serena
>>
The writers haven't given Misty an episode in 11 years since 2005. Its likely to stay that way.
>>
>>25657708
>PEEKUHCHOO LE HORN XD and pitty badges is a tenfold improvement compared actual battles with thought-out tactics and actual plot-lines

Wew fucking lad. Get dafuq off my board, genwunner.
>>
>>25659841

I stopped paying attention to the anime when Johto started. What did the old writer do that Gamefreak turned away?
>>
>>25655049
I rather keep Clemont instead of Brock and having Misty again might be nice but it just wont feel the same. Serena will probably replaced by Hawaiian Iris 2.0.
>>
>>25665723
What would Misty do if she returned? She did almost nothing for most of Johto.
>>
>>25665744
Only Kanto Misty is good, there isn't much to do for her when she rejoins Ash. Maybe she could do contests/Tripokalons but she is not really the type for that.
>>
>>25665760
Kanto Misty had as much as Johto Misty in things to do.
>>
File: tumblr_o3r7vo5EM31rsccq2o1_1280.png (252 KB, 684x758) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o3r7vo5EM31rsccq2o1_1280.png
252 KB, 684x758
I'm not a big fan of the anime. I do however wished that they make something similar to Pokemon Origins. I haven't watched the anime is such a long time, i'd have so much episodes to watch just to catch up! But i'd def watch to see Misty and Brock!
>>
>>25655049
The show wouldn't go back to the way it was if they came back unless they reboot ash AGAIN. If that happened then I'd be a little pissed. I imagine ash and Brock would have some more bro moments since ash is more mature now,but his interactions with misty wouldn't be the same and she'd look as weak as Serena is as a battler in comparison to ash. Misty would somehow have to surpass ash-greninja in order to call herself a water pokemon master. I guess misty being more of a rival to ash would be cool. Only reason I like the xy group is because Bonnie iscute and has the best episodes,Clemont was bro tier pre-gym battle with ash,and Serena because at this point I just want ash to be paired off with somebody and the whole childhood friend thing can be interesting
>>
>>25668402

The whole childhood friend thing is always the least interesting option.
>>
>>25663751
The threat of Serena worries them. I don't think she'll win da ash since her crush and being rejected will probably be part of some big moral or some shit. But still,you never know what can happen and pokeshippers still think misty has a chance of winning ash when she's pretty much never coming back for anything but flash backs or cameos. You can't really discuss this in the anime thread though because while pokeshippers are a delusional bunch,the amour faggots in the anime thread are paranoid as fuck about any threat to their ship and get triggered easily
>>
>>25668414
By interesting I mean it'd be interesting to see younger versions of characters like oak and Delia,especially Gary. It'd be interesting to see if ash's dad was gone already,where Serena used to live and how ash's life before being a trainer was. Serena can be an excuse to give us more info on ash's past
>>
>>25668402
Brock stayed on the show until the end of DP, he's had plenty of bro moments with a more mature Ash already.
>>
>>25668494
Even before Serena, Misty fans have been doing this for years. Back when DP was airing they were bashing Dawn and Pearlshippers too for the same reason.

They're so utterly retarded that every time a new girl comes into the anime they go beserk
>>
>>25668520
Yeah but with Serena the writers are making it look like they want it to happen. I don't understand what all this ship bait is for if they're probably not even going through with it. Ash should just be paired with Casey or a random Cotd just to put and end to all this faggotry
>>
>>25655049
>Misty
That's like asking how I'd feel if Paris Hilton was smart.
>>
>>25668402
The funny thing is since Misty's been gone for 13+ years since 2002, over a decade worth of kids/teens who grew up with the anime after she was gone either don't know or care about her.

A lot of these dumb Misty fans keep assuming everyone started watching with Kanto, but now that the show has been running nearly 20 years, obviously millions of kids got into it long after Misty was gone.
>>
If it had to do with how delusional they are, they would've been dogging us this entire time. It is only now that they have decided to force their ideas in a big way again. I can only attribute the anniversary to it, as there is nothing else that I know would cause them to be so rampant right now, other than if they discovered Serena's arc is almost over. With new games coming, the anime is at it's most fragile time, and anything could happen. Either upcoming info or anime eps could hold the key to our future. Either we delay the inevitable, or the button is pressed for the largest extinction event since Misty left. It is believed that this time, no one will survive since shipping is all that's sustaining the anime.
>>
I think it's time for Ash to retire and a new MC to step in.
>>
Genwunner pandering/10
>>
>>25655049
Kill ash first
Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.