[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Headcannon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: PlayerCharactersGrouped.png (1 MB, 1280x663) Image search: [Google]
PlayerCharactersGrouped.png
1 MB, 1280x663
Ladies and mostly gentlemen, girls and manboys, have you ever wondered what the rest of this board thinks about the lore of the Pokémon games? Well, this thread is here to solve all of your problems.

>What is this thread about?
Simply put, I just made it up, but I would like it to be a thread where people come and argue their headcanon (such as true protags of games, signatures of gym leaders, protag pokemon, etc.) using evidence and logic FROM THE GAMES. That's right. Any non-game canon can not be considered because if we include that Red chose Bulbasaur based off of Pokémon Adventures, then we'd have to cede that Pokémon Burst exists, and no one wants that.

We also don't want autistic headcanons that stem from absolutely nothing (like Professor Oak is actually a Bara lover). By the end of each round, what the majority believes is what will be written down, but if in the future, someone comes up with compelling evidence against it, it may be reopened again.

>Let's begin
Although it would be logical to start with Gen 1, that part of the Pokémon lore is so convoluted thanks to fanservice and the canon reappearance of Red that we will move on to Gen 2.

So, the question is: who is the main protagonist of HGSS (Ethan or Lyra) and what Pokémon did they choose?
>>
This is stupid, there are no canon protagonists.
>>
File: YOU ARE LARGE.jpg (53 KB, 280x403) Image search: [Google]
YOU ARE LARGE.jpg
53 KB, 280x403
It's this thread again. Headcanons. Yay.
>>
>>25654837
Yeah, you're right.

I loved battling Leaf at the top of Mt. Silver

>>25654851
>tripfag
Hey man we miss you at the forums, your Zoroark sig banner was really cool
>>
File: Braindead.jpg (140 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Braindead.jpg
140 KB, 640x480
>>25654953
He's baiting, right? Tell me this headcanon thread starting autist is baiting.
>>
>>25654953
Just because Red is canon does mean there is a canon for any of the protagonists from the other games. You can't even assign a canon team to red since his team is different in HGSS and GSC.

Seriously, what possible thing is there to base "canon teams" or whatever autistic nonsense off of for Ethan or Lyra/Krys?
>>
File: image.jpg (256 KB, 1366x766) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
256 KB, 1366x766
>>25654799
Ethan (Gold) is the Protagonist of Johto Story in general, mainly because he was the only protagonist of G/S.

Most adaptations show that Ethan/Gold has a member of Cyndaquil line: Adventures (Cyndaquil); Legend of Thunder (Typhlosion)

Most players also have in common that they have either a Mareep line, or a Heracross, or both. Also on Olivine City's Harbor (Gen II only) a guy tells you that "Shellder is easier to find here" (Shellder can be found with a Good Rod, that a fisherman on the same city gives to you)

Also Silver had more sells than Gold (SS also sold more than HG) so I think a Silver Exclusive Mon will be good for a canon team, so I think Skarmory fits very well here.
>>
File: image.png (690 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.png
690 KB, 1136x640
I assumed that the protags shown in that Sun/Moon announcement trailer were the canon protagonists
So
>Red
>Gold
>Brendan
>Dawn
>Hilda
>Calum
>>
>>25655163
I personally dislike the idea that Dawn is the protagonist of DPPt.

Based on the personality of Barry and his trainer animation in Platinum, Infernape fits as a starter for him. The problem with this is that this means that who you're playing as (the protag) would have to have a Torterra, and I think that Lucas would choose a Turtwig while Dawn would choose a Piplup.
>>
>>25655163
I prefer Red-Gold-May-Dawn-Hilbert-Serena just because I like their designs better and it keeps an even ratio of boys to girls.
>>
>>25654799
To me Gold/Ethan "cannoically" would have chosen Cyndaquill and in turn Silver steals Tododile.

Further to this the Torchic line just inherently suits May, further to the fact the Anime does it, I'm inclined to make her the gym leaders child and Brendan the Professors

After that meh could go multiple ways and the anime becomes the crutch of any logic
>>
>>25654799
>>25655519
Red
RGB/FRLG: Charmander
Y: Pikachu

Leaf
FRLG: Bulbasaur

Gold/Ethan
GSC/HGSS: Cyndaquil

Kris
C: Chikorita

Lyra
HGSS: Marill or Chikorita

May
RSE/ORAS: Torchic

Brendan
RSE: Mudkip
ORAS: Treecko

Dawn
DPPt: Piplup

Lucas
DPPt: Turtwig

Hilbert
BW: Oshawott

Hilda
BW: Oshawott or Tepig

Nate
B2W2: Snivy (Fuck Tepig)

Rosa
B2W2: Oshawott or Snivy

Serena
XYZ: Fennekin

Calem
XYZ: Froakie

?????
SM: ?????

?????
SM: ?????
>>
>>25655519
Agreed with this.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.