[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will Nintendo ever allow a openly gay protag?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
Will Nintendo ever allow a openly gay protag?
>>
No, fujoshit.

>>>/tumblr
>>
>>25654358
Openly bi maybe, so they don't have to bother changing dialogue for characters based on who you play as, but not openly gay.
>>
We don't even have one who is openly straight. Or show any romantic interest in anyone.
>>
I hope never
>>
>>25654396
Openly asexual confirmed
>>
>>25654358
Strictly speaking, they did in XY.

You could set your PSS quote to be "I'm actually a boy/girl!" or "I have a boy/girlfriend!" regardless of which gender you chose in the beginning. Since that's the only thing most people will see about your character, you can't get much more open than that.
>>
The cloest thing to anything even vaguely romantic in these games was Delta Episode when the meteor shower was depicted as a "date scene".

I hope romance stays nowhere near this series.

GF should worry about having their games actually meet 2016 production standards before trying to think about romance and relationships, and anyway, its a fucking kids game, kids dont care about this shit.
>>
>>25654358
Homosexuality don't exist in Pokémon World. It's a World, unlike our World.
>>
>>25654358
>openly anything

This requires the protag to be more than a player avatar.
>>
>>25654471

I have a hard time believing that transvesdhites exist in this world but not homos.
>>
>>25654521
It's Mewtist, just don't reply to him.
>>25654358
No.
>>
>>25654358
Well with X and Y there was an NPC trainer in the Battle Maison hinting that she was a male-to-female trans individual, saying that she was once a Black Belt (who are a male only class) and is now a Beauty. In the Japanese dialogue she says it was thanks to medical science. So while its not the same category as a gay protagonist or character in general, it's still a small step in the right direction for video game representation, especially in terms of the trans community.
>>
>>25654521
>transvesdhites

are you fucking serious with this shit?
>>
>>25654566

Really now?

If you want to be really PC about it, its basically treating the idea as a rather cheap joke.
>>
>>25654566
>small step in the right direction
You know where to go.
>>
File: Pokémon_World_.jpg (103 KB, 651x500) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon_World_.jpg
103 KB, 651x500
>>25654521
No Trans, Homo, and Gays.
None of that exist in the Pokémon World.
>>
>>25654673
Well fuck this gay earth I live in.
>>
>>25654673

There's a Beauty in XY that was formerly a Black Belt, a male-only class called "Karate King" in Japanese. Even if its just a meaningless joke, it's still there in the game, not to mention the trap Purrloin from the anime.

Sorry Charlie.

The only thing as dumb as than wanting Pokémon to push an agenda is trying to impose an agenda on Pokémon.
>>
File: x-and-y-feat.png (333 KB, 691x450) Image search: [Google]
x-and-y-feat.png
333 KB, 691x450
>>25654358
>>
>>25654770
Nah. Homosexuality don't exist in the Pokémon World.
You shouldn't believe that It do.

Only Friendship in the Pokémon World.
>>
File: 1458490809239.jpg (80 KB, 827x567) Image search: [Google]
1458490809239.jpg
80 KB, 827x567
>>25654922
The strongest case is indirect kiss
>>
>>25654922

I always thought the tranny Karate King was a stupid fucking joke that shouldn't have been put in at all, but its hilarious watching you squirm in denial over its inclusion in the game.

They put a tranny in XY. There's also a trap Purrloin in the anime.

Embrace this fact and get out a stick of bubble gum for your ass to chew on in meaningless frustration.
>>
File: image.jpg (158 KB, 640x833) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
158 KB, 640x833
>>25654922
>implying
>>
Bump for childhood friend turned rival dynamic relationship choices in next game
>>
>>25654358
More like

>will Nintendo ever have romance whatsoever in a Pokémon game.
>>
Soon I hope.
>>
Don't think Nintendo would have any problem with putting in a gay character. Theres no reason to though, theres no romance in the series
>>
>>25654673
There were those two girls who you catch "practicing" making out in a locked room on that shipwreck in ORAS. It wasn't in RSE.
>>
File: tony.png (6 KB, 256x224) Image search: [Google]
tony.png
6 KB, 256x224
>>25654358
If they do as they did with Tony in EarthBound, maybe.
>>
>>25654364
>fujoshit
Top kek
>>
Has there been a straight protag?
How do you know the protag doesn't feel the same way about their rival's advances?
>>
>>25654358
>sexualizing Pokemon
kill yourself
>>
>>25654673
There's that one in Erika's gym in HGSS as well.
>one trainer says their "hobby" is talking in a deep voice
>the old man says the Gym is filled with "strong trainers" instead of women like he used to
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.