[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Genwar threads are cancer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: 1453477077698.png (97 KB, 505x479) Image search: [Google]
1453477077698.png
97 KB, 505x479
Can we all agree that...
>My opinion is so obviously the best one that almost everyone agrees with whatever it is
(Insert gen...)
>whatever gen that I played when I was 8-12 years old
Is the best because...
>Implying a game's worth can be accurately judged by just listing parts that I specifically find important
The region itself was good...
>I get nostalgia because the setting/atmosphere of a game reminds me of when I was younger
It had a great story...
>Again, the story is the other part of a game that is important when it comes to nostalgia. Also, I am conveniently leaving out the part of the story that was terrible, (Gen 2-Somewhat rehash of Gen 1, Gen 3-The section where you don't don't anything significant until you've trekked through there entirety of Hoenn, Gen 4-The same as 3, Gen 5-the cringey characters and linearness, Gen 6-The dullness).
The best mons...
>I will now list the cool-looking mons/mons I played with as a kid, or lost the shitty mons from another generation. With the former, I will avoid the shitmon from my generation (muk, jumpuff, swalot, skuntank, watchog, klefki) with the latter, I will only mention the 4 or 5 shitmon from that gen, not mentioning any of the good ones.
And (insert gen, usually 5 or 6) is shit...
>whatever gens that came out when I was older or are newer are bad to me because without nostalgia glasses, I realize that Pokemon games all have tons of terrible things about them, and Pokemon is a kid's game, and the only part for adults is competitive play.

>inb4 "I played a gen when I was older and I liked it"
You are a very small minority.

>inb4 OP just gave his opinions on games!
Whenever I listed something shitty in one of the gens, I listed equally shitty things from every other gen.

>B-but, muh director's cut!
The original versions are supposed to be the main games in the series. While the director's cut of a game always is an improvement of the main games, it is not the main game of the generation.
>>
Good stealth genwar thread. I liked the part where you gave your subjective opinion on the story and pokemon as objective flaws.
>>
File: GenWar.jpg (339 KB, 777x922) Image search: [Google]
GenWar.jpg
339 KB, 777x922
Obligitory
>>
>>25652710
I thought all the shitty things I mentioned from each gen were equal, more or less. I have a personal opinion on my favorite gens, but I didn't post them here because the whole point of this is to point out how genwar threads are cancer.

If you're sure I was trying to start a stealth genwar thread, try and guess my favorite and least favorite gen. You probably can't.
>>
>>25652642

Yeah they really are cancer.

I wish I could just say what generation I like, and what I think it did better than others without a billion faggots trying to roast said gen and tell my why my taste is shit and that their fave is objectively superior.

It's almost like differing opinions feel like personal attacks to some people. It doesn't help that some people even try to turn their opinions into attacks through antagonistic wording.
>>
File: 1430848349448.jpg (32 KB, 496x499) Image search: [Google]
1430848349448.jpg
32 KB, 496x499
>>25652642
>Being this mad because you're opinion is objectively shit
>>
>>25652642
I agree on the best region you're talking about
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.