[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Complaints
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 11
File: Ash Ketchum Kalos Pokemon.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Ash Ketchum Kalos Pokemon.png
1 MB, 1280x720
Complaints about Pokemon you're tired of hearing

> Ash shouldn't still be ten, it's been 20 years!

Charlie Brown has been, what? 8 years old for 60 years? I dont see anyone butt hurt about that. Cartoon characters don't have to age is what I'm getting at.
>>
>>25651681

Charlie Brown doesn't go anywhere and the cartoon has no plot or need for advancement like pokemon does.
>>
Charile Brown has zero continuity, so nobody gives a shit about that.
Also are you really defending the ashime
>>
>>25651681
>nobody cares about Charlie Brown
Peanuts is shit.
>>
>There are too many Pokemon, and the new ones are so ugly! Like if you agree that they should totally go back to the classics!!
>>
>Ash has literally decades of experience
>Still can't win the Championship
>Pikachu isn't a lv.100 EV beast yet
>>
Gen Wars
>>
>>25651696
Sorta. I just never see the age complaint applied to any other character (Timmy Turner and the Simpsons kids come to mind)
>>
File: 1458107286624.png (1 MB, 900x826) Image search: [Google]
1458107286624.png
1 MB, 900x826
>>
File: 1407697483765.png (321 KB, 550x477) Image search: [Google]
1407697483765.png
321 KB, 550x477
>>
>>25651681
>Charlie Brown has been, what? 8 years old for 60 years? I dont see anyone butt hurt about that. Cartoon characters don't have to age is what I'm getting at.

This comparison doesn't work because Charlie Brown doesn't have a clear passage of time each episode like the Ashnime does. You can watch a random episode of Charlie Brown and it doesn't really matter what the fuck episode it is because everything is self contained. But in the Ashnime it's an on going journey and they explicitly mention units of time.
>>
>>25651739
>>25651749
Second one is more consistent than the first, but both show Ash growing over time. I don't see a problem here.
>>
>>25651726
Just like Charlie Brown, Fairly Oddparents and The Simpsons have little to no continuity. Despite that there have been episodes where Timmy has grown up (albeit through wishes) and where the simpsons characters have seen into the future where they're all older. Has that ever happened in Pokémon?
>>
If you are over 10 you should not be watching the anime.
>>
>>25651703
I want to party with Pikachu
>>
>makes thread about complaints you're tired of seeing
>people literally make same complaint in the thread
>>25651695
>>25651696
>>25651765

Thanks for proving OP's point I guess?
>>
>>25651681
I have a similar complaint

>Ash is a bad trainer
He's seasoned as hell, has good strategies and has done consistently well in each region, all things considered.

>Pokemon in the newer generations should be based on animals, not objects
This doesn't hold much weight because there were already object based pokemon in earlier generations. It seems more like an aversion to the pokemon in question's designs specifically but instead of calling out the flaws in the design, people just harp on the fact that they're objects.

There's some people out there that didn't like any object based pokemon and I don't know what to say about that other than preferences.

>Gen 5 was shit

There was some questionable pokemon designs there, but people ignore some of the really cool ones.

The only thing I didn't like about gen 5 outside of those few pokemon was probably the prevalence of weather teams thanks to dream world abilities.
>>
I'm tired of people bitching about Pikachu being the mascot and being "over exposed"
>>
>>25651726
Trust me, people do bitch about the Simpsons' sliding timeline. A lot.
>>
DURR TRASH
DURR ICE CREAM
DURR KEYS
GEN 1 A BEST I HATE DES POGEYMANS WHAT ARE THEY DIGIMON???? FUG
>>
>Short haired Serena is shit
>They need to stop making new Pokemon
>OMG AN ICE CREAM CONE SO UNORIGINAL
>This gen is way better than all the other ones or this gen is the worst desu!
>Misty is teh best!!1!!!!!
>>
my only complaint is how hot ash is now
>>
>>25658000
Serena pls
>>
>>25651681

>he thinks Charlie Brown is 8 years old

He goes to malls, parties and clubs by himself there's no way he's 8.
>>
>>25651739
>>25651749

HE'S GROWING

>there will never be a story arch where Jessie reveals the real reason she was following Ash is because she's always been attracted to him.
>>
>>25651703

that art style is cute CUTE!

Are water color paints illegal in 2016 or something? I wish Pokemon would go back to the water color style.
>>
>>25658049
It's generic shojo artstyle. Most of the Pokemon stuff made for the magazine Ciao is in similar styles.
>>
File: Serena's_Wink.jpg (322 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
Serena's_Wink.jpg
322 KB, 2048x1536
>>25658008
>>
>New designs are shit
>Voltorb isn't shitty, he's nostalgic!
>>
>>25654248
What? They're providing counter points on why that's a bad comparison
>>
>In the pokemon world all trainers start their Journey when they turn 10
>Trainers cannot age until they become the very best, like no-one ever was
>This involves either winning the league, catching them all, or achieving a high position in pokeology (contest winner, ranger, professor, gym leader etc.)
>it's all just one big rite of passage
>it's why the majority of trainers are only children
>Ash has never won the league or caught them all
>he will never break the aging curse

I don't see how nobody else gets this
>>
>>25651681

>[Insert Mega, usually Mawile or Sableye] should've been standard evolutions!
>>
File: 1454053328288.png (23 KB, 584x585) Image search: [Google]
1454053328288.png
23 KB, 584x585
>>25658748
>>
File: peanutsold.jpg (29 KB, 784x149) Image search: [Google]
peanutsold.jpg
29 KB, 784x149
>>25651765
Charlie brown does grow up man. Peanuts has a clear passage of time, its exactly how it is in real life. Various references are made to the year in the comic.

pic is young charlie and young lucy
>>
File: peanutsnew.jpg (36 KB, 440x184) Image search: [Google]
peanutsnew.jpg
36 KB, 440x184
>>25658908
old charlie and lucy
>>
>>25651703
Don't forget to add that they're out of ideas, even though they still keep adding stuff.
>>
File: CbHQ0IwUcAAxyOJ.png (282 KB, 600x453) Image search: [Google]
CbHQ0IwUcAAxyOJ.png
282 KB, 600x453
Tired of people complaining about the Gen V starters. Its obvious everyone wanted the evolutions to just get bigger and I really don't understand that.
>>
>>25651681
> Cartoon characters don't have to age is what I'm getting at.
They do when they are supposed to progress.
>>
>>25656814
>He's seasoned as hell, has good strategies and has done consistently well in each region, all things considered.
He still has noob problems, not to mention he cant win a league.

>b-but he's 10 years old!
A 10 years old shouldnt survive that much travel, so the realism card doesnt apply here.
>>
>>25651726
Actually I remembered they actually revealed a reason why Timmy Turner never grew up, something about making a wish that stopped everyone from aging in one of the specials
>>
File: genwars a shit.jpg (339 KB, 777x922) Image search: [Google]
genwars a shit.jpg
339 KB, 777x922
Everything on this list
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.