[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Post an unpopular opinion of yours in a reply to an earlier
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: image.png (163 KB, 668x459) Image search: [Google]
image.png
163 KB, 668x459
ITT: Post an unpopular opinion of yours in a reply to an earlier posted opinion that you agree with. I'll start.

I think Giratina's Altered Form is 100x better than its Origin form.

Alder is my favorite champion. I'm not a fan of Cynthia at all.

Espeon is the only Eeveelution I like.
>>
File: 1458037018053.gif (2 MB, 400x187) Image search: [Google]
1458037018053.gif
2 MB, 400x187
I think the Gen V starters are fine. I just wish Samurott had better stats.
>>
i like to nickname pokemon after people
>>
>>25649529
I agree with this.

And while we're on that, I find give or take, 80% of the Gen 5 Dex to be fine. Yeah it had a lot of wierd looking Pokemon but the good outweighed the bad if we're gonna be honest.
>>
>>25649605
>>25649529
>>25649573
All of this.

As for my own opinion, I don't get the design-based genwars. Yeah, newer pokemon have more complex designs. Yeah, older mons have simpler designs. Neither is better, shut up about it.
>>
I think the Gen 1 games haven't really aged that poorly. They just have different mechanics, like most old school RPGs.

Gen VI games are fine. XY had a lackluster story but the game itself was fun.

A rival isn't good just because they're kind of a dick.

The current pokemon anime isn't very good. Contests are shitty. Ash was more likeable when he was a fuck up that mouthed off a lot.

>>25649508

I don't like Eeveelutions at all.

>>25649529

I think they're fine EXCEPT for Samurott.
>>
>>25649508
>>25649529
I agree with these opinions though.

For me, I think Gen 6 and the ORAS remakes were fine. There's certainly some flaws here and there and things that I wish had been done differently, but otherwise I found them to be enjoyable.
>>
>>25649692

This, though I certainly wish they had a higher framerate.

Mine is that I always thought Gen 4 was kinda dull. Even with all the innovations it brought to the table, it was the gen that made me go "man, again?" at the prospect of doing yet another 8 badges.
>>
>>25649508
>Alder is my favorite champion.
Nah you're full of shit.
>>
>>25649508

1. I prefer modern Pokemon designs overall. They just look cooler. Despite this, my top 3 favorite Pokemon are all Gen 1.

2. My favorite Pokemon is Raichu.

3. I do not care for Hoenn. Every Pokemon gen has played an important role in my life except for Gens 6 and 3. And while I know Gen 6 isn't considered great, I know a lot of people like Gen 3. Never cared for it.

4. Bulbasaur is my go-to starter for Gen 1.

>>25649649

The current anime is pretty shit, yeah. In my opinion it's always been bad, but I genuinely enjoy the second, third, fifth and eighth films a lot.
>>
>>25649649
>>25649692
>Gen 6 is okay
>unpopular opinion outside of /vp/
With that said I agree with some of your opinions

>Arcanine is bland as fuck
>I always found Emerald horrifically overrated, even before I came here
>Gamefreak was shit with level-up movepools until Gen 4
>>
>>25649573
>>25649649
>Ash was more likeable when he was a fuck up that mouthed off a lot.
Strongly agree. The XY anime sucks.

There is no reason anybody should have to start with Gen 1, or ever even play it at all. The point is for people to start wherever they're going to start and have their own unique experience with the Pokemon world.

That said XY have been the weakest mainline games.
>>
File: venusaur.jpg (32 KB, 350x283) Image search: [Google]
venusaur.jpg
32 KB, 350x283
I wish Chestnaught was gen 1 and Venusaur gen 6 so people can stop looking at that fat tub of lard with the downsyndrome/alzheimers grandma face that is Venusaur as if it isn't a garbage design because it was muh gen 1
>>
>>25649649
>A rival isn't good just because they're kind of a dick
The edgy rivals may have been kind of samey, but at least they didn't feel like zombies like the XY rivals.
>>
>>25649778
It looks fine though.
>>
>>25649649
>A rival isn't good just because they're kind of a dick.

This. All that is important is that they actually feel like a challenge when you fight them.

Blue wasn't loved because he was an asshole, he was loved because whenever he showed up, you as a kid went "OH SHIT IT'S BLUE, IM NOT READY FOR THIS". Rivals used to be outright harder than Gym Leaders, hell you can argue that YOU were the Rival in gen 3 because Wally's goal was partially to be able to stand up to you (which is what makes his final battle great, because he now has confidence in himself).
>>
>>25649814
Shit I forgot to post my own unpopular opinion.

I think a game should give you either the running shoes/rollerblades or the bike, not both. Fucking pick one GF.
>>
>>25649508
Pokemon spoofs aren't inherently bad.

Fairy didn't ruin Hydreigon, it was already on thin ice.

There's nothing wrong with strong pokemon getting Mega Evolutions.

Power creep can be prevented by performance benchmarks.

My only problem with the Genies is that they made me wonder what the fuck happened to the other minor legends.

>>25649731
>I prefer modern Pokemon designs overall.
Same, but I do wish they would use more natural looking box legendaries instead of the ones we got in gen 4 and 5. The XYZ trio looks fantastic.
>>
>>25649508
I like Vanilluxe

I detest Valerie and people only like her because they're waifufags

Dragon is a shitty type and the only reason it's good is because it has some of the most massively overpowered Pokemon in it. If dragons were more common and sucked more, I'd like it to be super effective against steel.

I think Normal should be immune to Fairy for the same reason it's immune to ghost.
>>
I hate sugimori's old style, and look forward to every character being redrawn in his new style
>>
>>25649724
>he stated an opinion
>but I'm a child who can't form my own opinion so I hopped on the gen 5 hate bandwagon to be cool therefore his opinion makes him full of shit
>>
>>25649814
>Blue wasn't loved because he was an asshole, he was loved because whenever he showed up, you as a kid went "OH SHIT IT'S BLUE, IM NOT READY FOR THIS".
What.
There's only one point where you wouldn't be ready and that would be the SS Anne.
>>
>>25649605
>the good outweighed the bad
>>25649721
>Mine is that I always thought Gen 4 was kinda dull
>>25649649
>I think the Gen 1 games haven't really aged that poorly
Agreed with those.

I like Blastoise's cannons. A lot of people seem to like Wartortle and its foam theme better, I like him too but not as much as Blastoise; possibly my favorite water type after Lapras.

I think Hoenn is the best region (just an opinion, not a fact). Notice that I'm not talking about the games, just the region.
I like the variety it has, its "let's go, adventure is waiting!" feeling and I've always enjoyed the water routes. Diving was one of my favorite things to do back in RSE.
>>
The new EXP share is amazing, but later trainers need to get bumped up 5-20 levels instead of scaling linearly

>>25649797
I liked the XY rivals a lot, they just needed to show up more
>>
Asshat rivals are boring.
Like, extremely boring there was nothing memorable or likable about them, Blue is only remembered because of Gary and the memes, Silver isn't in all honesty.
>>
>>25649834
So you want to limit a player's choice? Go fuck yourself.
>>
I like that legendary Pokemon are a really big deal now. Catching a reality warping dragon god from a different universe felt way more satisfying than catching a big fire bird in a cave.
>>
>>25651075

They do the exact same thing but at different speeds. Why even give us the rollerblades if you phase out their usefulness entirely a few towns later?
>>
>>25650873

You forgot the Silph Co, where you just got done fighting like 20 Rocket grunts already.
>>
>>25651603
Because rollerblades are cooler.
>>
File: 1365687467437_zpsc9746ab3.jpg (48 KB, 499x468) Image search: [Google]
1365687467437_zpsc9746ab3.jpg
48 KB, 499x468
>>25651624
You can LITERALLY see him before advancing in his sight, you don't really is caught off-guard.
>>
>>25651624
Oh you mean where there's a place to heal not to far from the point you battle him?
Also this >>25651663
>>
Digimon >Pokemon
>>
>>25650873
>>25651663
Idk about anyone else but I'd charge ahead to explore immediate surroundings, which led to some early Blue encounters.
As for opinions:
Gen 5, mostly B2/W2, is my favorite. I've been playing since silver and have been a hoennfag for a good while, but there was so much to enjoy with gen five. B/W was nice enough, and I don't mind a single design it has, but B2/W2 is what really brings it. It just felt fresher or something. I especially liked nu-Plasma and your odd Rage Rival.
>>
File: dq-kitehawk.png (78 KB, 351x261) Image search: [Google]
dq-kitehawk.png
78 KB, 351x261
Gen 1 had really boring designs that weren't that good back then, compared to Digimon (the first wave) Dragon Warrior Monsters, or even that ripoff Telefang. There are some classics of course, but in general gen 2 was a massive improvement, dull shitmons aside, and gen 3 was when Pokemon really got interesting and unique.

People like to point out that the art-style has gotten cartoonier too, but I also see this as a benefit. This is a MONSTER hunting series, they shouldn't LOOK realistic at all. Oh cool, Ponyta had defined muscles like a real horse? I'd still never use it since it's boring trash.
>>
>>25651771
>Idk about anyone else but I'd charge ahead to explore immediate surroundings
Did you go to the Pokemon center first?
>>
>>25651841
Sometimes. It was more levels than health as an issue. I'd end up winning anyway, usually, but he'd still get the jump on me.
I especially always do it around Misty's gym.
>>
>>25651941
I'd say you were more than prepared for Blue.
>>
>>25649508
I agree with all of it, honestly.

>>25649529
Same.

>>25649605
Gen 5 is my overall favorite dex. Gen 3 comes in second.

Sprite wise, I highly preferred Gen 3.
>>
>>25650295
Mega Evolutions were the best addition to pokemon since the physical/special split
>>
>>25649529
I have zero qualms with Samurott's design. I don't dislike it at all and I even think he looks way better than Emboar.
He'd be good if he was a physically sturdy feraligatr.
>>
>>25651603
you get to do tricks on rollerblades
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.