[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
These are the best games in the series.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 29
File: image.jpg (916 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
916 KB, 2048x2048
These are the best games in the series.
>>
Replace Platinum with BW2 and you're about right.
>>
You could not be more right
>>
>>25648525
Yeah but why do we need to keep making the same thread? You want a sticky or something?
>>
>3rd versions and remakes are the best ones

And people want a rushed S&M over Z
>>
Add BW2. Remove Memerald.
>>
>platinum was my first game

bw2 better tbqh
only liked platinum for at least conveying a decent story

>inb4 pleb/shit tier taste
>>
Where's B/W and B2/W2?
>>
>>25648559
Hoennbabies genuinely think Emerald qualifies for a God Tier game and not the only decent incarnation of Hoenn

Hoenn a shit and ORAS proved that fact. Sad though Hoenn's still better than Kalos
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 191x240) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 191x240
>>25648528
>>25648552
>>25648559
>>25648553
>>25648552

BW2 faggots can't shut the fuck up about their mediocre game. Only reason it seems so great is because it came after the utter shitshow that is BW1.

>but muh PWT

Being able to fight gym leaders over and over again doesn't make the rest of the shitty ass game acceptable. Everyone else outside of /vp/ doesn't give a shit about Gen 5. Get over yourselves.
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 321x285) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 321x285
>>25648525
>no BW2
>>
>>25648571
This.
>>
>>25648578
>implying B/W weren't masterpieces too
>>
>>25648578
If you don't like the PWT you can also try the Black Skyscraper/White Treehollow.
>>
>>25648578
>>Only reason it seems so great is because it came after the utter shitshow that is BW1
No, anon, that's Platinum. D/P were the worst Pokemon games overall because of the shit Pokemon distribution and everything moving at the pace of ass.
BW was great and BW2 had the best Pokemon selection of any game bar none.
>>
File: 1432883412289.gif (58 KB, 752x752) Image search: [Google]
1432883412289.gif
58 KB, 752x752
>>25648578
Anti-BW2 fags are hilarious because they cannot stop whining about how much you hate BW2 and say nobody else likes the games when everybody else in the world that aren't even Pokemon fans can't even name all 151 of the originals. Just the heavily promoted ones

You guys rely so heavily on your hypothetical popular opinion because you can't bear to taste anything actually different and want more of the same shit splattered on your plate, thus giving Game Freak the idea that they should homogenize and dumb down Pokemon to a point where effort isn't necessary if it means they can please everybody with the bare minimum effort

There are some bad things about BW2, yes, the Dream World was awful and the games can be a bit linear like it fucking matters in a level-based RPG with no scaling in any goddamn installment but you're all so adamant in your hatred that your taste is superior just because you feel it is instead of actually appreciating all of the benefits and detriments every generation has to offer
>>
>>25648525

>Emerald

Fuck off, where's BW2? If you're going to put Emerald up there, at least have the game with objectively more features and a better story.
>>
>>25648525
>HG/SS
Yes, I really enjoy grinding with lvl 20 pokés when I'm on the 7th gym! And let's not forget about the barren Kanto with lvl 2 wild pokés.
>>
>>25648578
Emerald faggots can't shut the fuck up about their mediocre game. Only reason it seems so great is because of nostalgia and it's a third version to shit games.

>but muh BF

It was a shit gimmick that you fags probably didn't even get the silver medals in, let alone the gold. You fags even wanted it back in the remakes of the ORIGINAL gen 3 games that didn't have it and bitch that it's not there.

I love gen 5 as a whole, not just BW2, because unlike you bandwagon cult followers I grew up and learned to form my own opinion instead of blindingly agreeing with what's popular. You should try it. You'll see things in a whole new way when you don't have to have someone else tell you what you like and don't like.
>>
File: rasta homer.gif (919 KB, 500x320) Image search: [Google]
rasta homer.gif
919 KB, 500x320
>>25648632

This.
>>
>>25648525
NDS was the ultimate Pokemon console
>>
>>25648629
>>25648625
>>25648632

BW2 revisionists at work, everyone. Pay no mind to the fact that they only started browsing this board recently and have no fucking idea of how the games were received on release.

The starters are shit.
The legendaries are shit and all over the goddamn place. Feels like there were more legends than regular pokes.
The music is a joke. (Dennis)
The sprites are blown up and god awful.
Almost all of the gym leaders are completely forgettable.
The most retarded team.
Overblown, needlessly convoluted plot for fucking Pokemon.
The most retarded trade evolutions thus far.
A pseudo that was good for all of 5 minutes.

Go ahead, let's see how your cognitive dissonance flows.
>>
>>25648683
>that last paragraph
I'm not sure you really "grew up".
>>
File: kornheiser complaints.jpg (91 KB, 569x629) Image search: [Google]
kornheiser complaints.jpg
91 KB, 569x629
>>25648525
Sorry, but HGSS can't be best games when they kept ALL the flaws from GSC and didn't bother to get rid of them.
>>
>>25648683

>You'll see things in a whole new way when you don't have to have someone else tell you what you like and don't like.

>But you should totally listen to me and why I'm telling your why your opinion is shit. There's NO WAY that an opinion contrary to mine could be genuine!

I'm not sure if you're trolling or actually this fucking retarded. Holy shit.
>>
Emerald and BW2 fans are worse than Genwunners, this thread pretty much sums it up.
>>
>>25648715
You better take that back.
>>
>>25648683
>"Emerald faggots can't shut the fuck up about their mediocre game"
>quoted post doesn't mention Emerald at all
>can't shut up about how much he loves putting BW2 cases up his ass
oh the irony
>>
>>25648722

I'm more of a Gen 2 person but I'll be honest, I don't see any Emerald fans shitting up this thread.
>>
>>25648698
Hot opinions m8

They were original works compared to X and Y's pandering shitshow. And if you want to say not all original things are good, no they're not. Because Hoenn exists

A region so bad that you don't even have to explore all of it just to get it over with. There are so many people that ignore the area near Meteor Falls with Jigglypuff because people are rushing to beat those games as fast as possible

And they are a linear, straight line too unless you go back to explore some more. Sound familiar? Oh right, Unova. Your opinions got your head so far up your ass you can't enjoy shit unless it's the exact same thing when you were a child. I bet you liked Not-Viridian Forest or getting Mewtwo in an Unknown Dungeon for no fucking purpose other than pandering
>>
File: 1456777472935.jpg (49 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1456777472935.jpg
49 KB, 500x667
>>25648578
>best pokemon selection
>best pacing
>god tier music
>second best region
stay asshurt Emerald fagboi
>>
>>25648741
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlVV44BA968
>>
>>25648744
>They were original works compared to X and Y's pandering shitshow.

>comparing your shit games with the bland snorefests that were X&Y when they weren't even mentioned

Why do you shitsippers reach for straws and rope other gens into your bullshit so much? Good Lord.
>>
>>25648698
Let's see here

>The starters are shit.
True, though contrary snek is great. But not obtainable, so that doesn't really matter.

>The legendaries are shit and all over the goddamn place. Feels like there were more legends than regular pokes.
REMOVE GENIES

>The music is a joke. (Dennis)
Disagreed. The town where you had to find and talk to the musicians to get the full tune playing was absolutely amazing.

>The sprites are blown up and god awful.
Disagreed here, prettiest sprite pokémon game.

>Almost all of the gym leaders are completely forgettable.
Almost all of the gym leaders in general are.

>The most retarded team.
That's not team Flare though

>Overblown, needlessly convoluted plot for fucking Pokemon.
They tried to make the story more compelling and succeeded in a pretty great fashion in my opinion.

>The most retarded trade evolutions thus far.
Treading new ground friendo. I didn't mind them, this is literally only an argument for someone who doesn't have someone to trade with.

>A pseudo that was good for all of 5 minutes.
Hydreigon is still widely used and pretty good. How is this even a big point though?

You forgot to mention:
>Great postgame
>Great pokémon to catch
>Very lengthy story
>First pokémon with a hard mode
>So many activities

I think it's a pretty great game t b h family
>>
File: 1404579998986.gif (2 MB, 217x217) Image search: [Google]
1404579998986.gif
2 MB, 217x217
>>25648722
Let me guess, you abandoned the franchise after gen2 and came back with shitty Sinnoh.
>>
File: vespa_waruvial_by_raizy-d36lmnp.png (774 KB, 900x897) Image search: [Google]
vespa_waruvial_by_raizy-d36lmnp.png
774 KB, 900x897
>>25648698
I've been here since pre-X/Y. And all that shit you listed is just your opinion. Don't understand why people here have hate boners for certain gens. Its all Pokemon.
>>
>>25648756
>>25648757

None said anything about Emerald aside from you, you insipid troglodytes
>>
>>25648766
Because these are all a part of the same series and deserve to be compared

Otherwise what's the point of talking about generations at all?
>>
>>25648786

Your ability to follow logic is fucking awful. Read the posts leading up to yours again.
>>
File: pupper2.jpg (10 KB, 247x250) Image search: [Google]
pupper2.jpg
10 KB, 247x250
Can we all agree that Hoenn is by default, the shittiest region? Think about it.

Ruby and Sapphire were the most 7/10 "eh. it was alright'' games ever, then Emerald, while a good 8.5/10, barely even TOUCHES Platinum or BW2. And then the fucking PISS EASY remakes of R/S that literally forced legendaries and Megas down your throat like Werther's Originals didn't help.

Yeah, okay, X/Y were crap, so Kalos should be considered the worst as well. BUT, like D/P, Kalos offered a region with flaws that needed fixing, and lore that needed expanding. Platinum gave us that director's cut we sorely needed, but Game Freak skipped straight to Gen 7, without even touching Kalos again.

Game Freak had 3 chances to make the Hoenn games good.

And okay, the Kanto exclusive games aren't great either, but then to be fair:
1. It was the first region
2. Exploring Kanto in HG/SS was amazing.
Those reasons alone bring it up in the ranks.

Meanwhile, we got 3 games in Hoenn, and not one makes it into the top 5. Not one. Each one did a good job, but that was it. Good. Nothing special in any way. Kalos didn't get a CHANCE to be good, and yet Hoenn flopped at every opportunity it had.
>>
>>25648803

>can we agree that shown is the worst region?
>here are some other regions that are worse, and I know that they are for this that and the other, but seriously guys, let's just call Hoenn the worst because I said so?

BW2 babies are this stupid and spoiled.
>>
>>25648783
>>25648793
>>25648806
>>25648817
>>25648826
DON'T
>>
>>25648803
People will argue otherwise in the era of Hoenn actually garnering nostalgia somehow

It does have some engine improvements, but they were never truly perfected until Gen V. I would say Gen IV, but those games suffered heavily from Game Freak obviously not knowing how to work with the DS

Meanwhile, Gen VI literally had to reinvent the wheel with all the updates they made
>>
File: 1395607685619.gif (839 KB, 450x402) Image search: [Google]
1395607685619.gif
839 KB, 450x402
>>25648839
>>
>>25648827
Because BW2 Unova was fun and Hoenn is still a train wreck to this day and age

>>25648839
I don't know half these characters
>>
File: 1433480356502.jpg (29 KB, 682x450) Image search: [Google]
1433480356502.jpg
29 KB, 682x450
>>25648839
>>
>>25648803
>Can we all agree that Hoenn is by default, the shittiest region?
No, no we can't.
Best adventuring region with iconic soundtrack, first to introduce real variety on its routes, practically no gates (no map loading), surf and diving were awesome if you weren't a retard and knew about repels, etc.
>barely even TOUCHES Platinum
/vp/ has been overestimating Pt lately; it was a great game, but not that great
>And then the fucking PISS EASY remakes of R/S
This I agree; horrible remakes. Fuck GF, fuck them hard for undoing all they right choices they did in gen5.
>>
>>25648803
I enjoyed Kalos far more than I enjoyed Hoenn.
Fuck Hoenn
>>
>>25648775
>Let me guess, you abandoned the franchise after gen2
Nope, this.
>>
>>25648827

>this that and the other

Proof you didn't fucking read what I said. I'd rather be a BW2 baby (??? whatever the fuck that's meant to be) then be some illiterate retard that can't find anything worthwhile to say.
>>
>>25648525
Nah, the gen 4 games there are trash. Gen 6 and even gen 5 is better in every way.
>>
>>25648901

That is exactly what you said. Read your own shit, you putrid dimwit.
>>
>>25648736
Truth hurts.
>>
>>25648909

I said Kanto was good because HG/SS were better than Emerald.

Kanto > Hoenn

Kalos only got one game, so it's unfair to compare. Hoenn got 3 games and did a boring job every time.

Kalos > Hoenn

>That is exactly what you said. Read your own shit, you putrid dimwit.

what the hell are you rambling on about?
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 200x200
>>25648943

Holy shit, you might actually be retarded. How old are you?
>>
File: VVPlCtQ.jpg (107 KB, 720x706) Image search: [Google]
VVPlCtQ.jpg
107 KB, 720x706
>>25648950
You're quite great at conversation
>>
File: 641 - tornadus.gif (323 KB, 82x100) Image search: [Google]
641 - tornadus.gif
323 KB, 82x100
>>25648981
>>
>>25648698
Everything has its flaws, even the better Mario game (Super Mario World) characters that appear in only one stage for the rest of the series (Dolphins, Torpedo Ted, Reznors) and the best Zelda game (Ocarina of Time) Too many useless items or useful at given moments, Epona is obtained through a Sidequest that is a bit complicated, so you must rely on rolling to progress faster, Song of Storm (the best music of the Ocarina) is useful only once

Gen V flaws are mainly that it introduced the most amount of NU mons to the date, the region is way to lineal, HA are really frustrating to get in-game considering that females are the only ones that can past it, on BW2 Day Care can't be accessed until Post-Game but people only use it on Post-Game.

Now the good things it added to the series are Hidden Abilities that give to most Pokemon a more recent Ability, infinite uses TMs that prevent you to rely on Save Editors to create x999 of the same TM, Pokemon now are animated at all times instead of when called out, when an Ability is activated a notice appears with the Ability and the Pokemon that have it, making more easy to identify the opponent's Ability, Shiny Charm make it more easy to get a Shiny (1/2000 with Masuda method instead of 1/4000)
>>
File: 1450909161092.jpg (109 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
1450909161092.jpg
109 KB, 650x650
>>25648950

Are you actually going to say something worthwhile or are you just going to post 9gag tier reaction images?

if you love R/S/E so much, please, elaborate on why they're better than B/W/BW2, or whatever you're trying to say.
>>
>>25648609
>>25648625
>>25648629
>>25648683
Every time I see people defending Gen V, I'm impressed.

I can't even begin to describe how much I hated BW, but I haven't played B2W2 because the originals were such utter garbage. I know I should probably give them a try, but I just find the concept of having to deal with those tryhard OCs that BW introduced again so damn annoying.

I'm just gonna say this- I didn't like BW. The first impression they gave of a new region was crap and it's really only redeemed by the Pokemon- everything else was garbage. However, I can be overly critical about a number of the games, but the ones that actually attempt to have MORE content than usual, like HGSS and what I've heard of B2W2, I'll pretty much always give props.

Which is why, in retrospect, Gen VI was pretty fucking terrible. At least II, III, IV, and V, attempted to give us a little bit more bang for our buck in different ways.
>>
>>25648943
>I said Kanto was good because HG/SS were better than Emerald
Yes, but that wasn't thanks to HGSS's barren Kanto.
>Kalos only got one game, so it's unfair to compare.
The fuck?
You're literally using your own opinion that Hoenn is "boring" like it's a fact true for everyone. It's like if I said that I enjoyed it and that makes it the best.
What the fuck is this post?
>>
>>25648943
This.
>>
>>25648943
Not this.
>>
>>25648525
i would replace hg/ss with xy
>>
>>25649035
Dude, are you mad?
This thread is already a mess.
>>
>>25649003
>didn't play BW2
>still thinks his opinion matters
For the record anon, I played BW and skipped BW2 and had a negative opinion on Gen V until I played it for the first time a few months ago and now it's my 2nd favorite game after HG/SS.
>>
>>25649035
XY had one too many X chromosomes in it's structure.
>>
>>25649035

a bumbling retard quietly stumbled his way into this thread to share his beautiful words of wisdom for us all to hear
>>
>>25648909
Jesus Anon. I'm in mobile and I don't like Unova that much but you might be mentally handicapped
>>
>>25649061
What is reading comprehension? I admitted that I hated BW but should really give B2W2 a chance because of the number of improvements. However, the retarded plot of both those games is still a pretty heavy detractor for me.

Despite that, I can respect B2W2 for changing its overworld drastically from the sack of shit that was original Unova, having a better regional Dex (even though BW's was the only redeeming factor of the game), and having postgame content worth a damn. Why the fuck are people so on edge when it comes to "muh favorites"?
>>
>>25649103
A lot of people are tired of assholes that can't see the benefits of each installment and decide to deride others opinions to drag them down with them when their favorites get attacked
>>
>>25649103

>retarded plot

Oh for god's sake, are you SERIOUS? The Gen 5 games are the only games where the main villains have an scheme that actually makes sense. There's absolutely nothing retarded about them. Ghetsis wants everyone to release their Pokemon, leaving the human race vulnerable for his attacks and dictatorship. That makes more sense than wanting to ''RULE OVER TIME AND SPACE BECAUSE REASONS'' or ''EXPAND LANDMASS SO MORE CROPS CAN GROW MAYBE'' or something ridiculous.
>>
>>25649143
Not to discredit Ghetsis, but Maxie and Archie were a bit misguided

As for Cyrus he didn't want to rule time and space. He wanted to destroy the world because he was the shell of a man abused by his High Expectations Asian Father to a point where he just hated everything, or at the least was apathetic towards existence

The only issue is Platinum never explains this outright and you have to go out of your day to meet Cyrus' grandfather in Sunyshore so many people don't know about Cyrus' backstory. As for Lysandre, you got me there. He makes absolutely no sense
>>
>>25649143
You can rewrite or summarize a scheme in whatever way you want in an attempt to defend it. It's the treatment of the plot and characters that is so annoying.

Ghestis throws a temper tantrum at the end of BW after his plan miraculously fails, and the majority of Team Plasma's grunts act like morons who are aggressive just because they like forcing their opinions on others (sounds familiar). Coupled with the garbage "king of Pokemon" bullshit and the character of N in general, it's hard to take much of Gen V's story seriously. At least XY kind of have this innocent feeling of adventure established with their characters and ridiculous situations, but Gen V takes itself way too seriously and it just falls flat.

...In my opinion.
>>
>>25649201

>As for Lysandre, you got me there. He makes absolutely no sense

Only plebs who can't see more than one step ahead think Lysandre doesn't make sense.

He made a bunch of mistakes and was wavering about what to do, but the motive itself was logical.
>>
>>25649003
BW2 has a lot of old generations' pokemon on the routes actually (I guess something like invasor species but this being pokemon we wont discuss ecosystem) so in that aspect you may be able to enjoy it a bit more, you can even get a riolu in some early grass.

Now if with OCs you mean your rivals and stuff, well forgive me for my shitty reading, but still you may not encounter them a lot since they are now through their own paths. Cheren is the first gym leader so you may kick his ass if he annoyed you so much. Also no N until the very end and he isnt that relevant really.
>>
>>25648525
Platinum was my first pokemon game and I love the starters and pokemon in it. My only problem is that you can't encounter legendaries without having the national dex.
>>
>>25649247
N's character was more played as a foil to the protagonist anyway while Cheren and Bianca were foils to each other

The real villain was Ghetsis. The only thing I didn't understand about BW2 was how Hugh was so poorly written and why they picked a random Sage from the first to be Ghetsis' right hand man

Also Internet Explorer-kun was based
>>
>>25649220

You said the story was ''retarded'' and yet it makes perfect sense. Everything is explained clearly through events, dialogue, and actions in the story. Nothing ''fell flat'' in any way, and the fact that you think it ''took itself seriously'' is a bad thing is strange, considering every Pokemon game to date has done this. The only difference is, the story actually makes sense enough to be taken seriously, while the others are over the top and ridiculous. X/Y's story was all over the place, and that cringey credits song trying to sum up whatever haphazard morals being showcased throughout the games narrative were, was enough to make my skin crawl. The only story that didn't take itself seriously at ALL was Gen 2's story, and that was just a bunch of buffoons trying to get their boss's attention by performing large scale crimes in various stupid ways.
>>
File: why.jpg (34 KB, 288x499) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
34 KB, 288x499
>>25649249
>there are people posting on /vp/ who's first game was Gen 4 or later
>>
>>25649442
>People who were 10 when Gen IV came out are 20 now
>Such as me
>>
File: que.gif (64 KB, 310x500) Image search: [Google]
que.gif
64 KB, 310x500
>>25649442
>started with HGSS
>in college
>>
>>25649369
It doesn't make sense. When do you actually see Plasma's tactics working in any way? People question their actions but no one seems willing to give up their Pokemon at all- which makes sense, considering the first sixteen games in the series have established the universe and the bond between Pokemon and people.

The plot of Gen V focuses too heavily in its first half on the dichotomy between N and the protagonist (which is forced), and his use in the story is so ill-defined that the eventual tantrum by Ghestis makes no sense. Gen V tries to establish Gym leaders as lawkeepers and prolific figures, but their incompetence and the inconsistency with the pre-established Pokemon universe and the plotline of Gen V's story itself makes that idea ridiculous.

Gen V aged up its protagonists and attempted to deal with heady morality and that sort of garbage took away from the most appealing aspects of the games, which is just being a random person who rises from nothing and gets to the top, rather than being some absurd chosen one. They may have downplayed this in B2W2 and that's a smart move, but splintering Plasma into two groups and further attempting to make a serious villain out of a guy whose plan makes little sense over the course of two games was not.

I get that you want to convince me of Ghestis supposed brilliance and the establishment of his evil scheme, but the direction that Pokemon has taken, with this emphasis on the villainous scheme and the dialogue that ties the story together is exactly the reason BW fails and XY does even worse, in my opinion. They attempt to characterize a game where the characters were never the strength. Up through Gen IV, the plot, and the evil scheme were rarely forced in your face as much as they are in Gen V, and Gen VI at least has the decency to downplay the omnipresence that Plasma had in Gen V.

Again, this is all my opinion, and you can call me a fool or complain that my argument makes little sense.
>>
does anyone have the "everything wrong with OR/AS" image?

its in the same style as that "everything wrong with gen 1" image
>>
>>25648546
>M&S
>2 years of development
>rushed
Get off my board you meme spewing underaged redditor
>>
File: 1457963182902.gif (860 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1457963182902.gif
860 KB, 500x281
>>25648525
This and bw2

They are all revisions, and do their best to fix most of the flaws of the first.

Every pokegame has something good, but none come out perfect first shot
>>
>>25649786
It kinda feels that way since Pokemon had started putting more emphasis on the Box Art legendaries and respective villainous teams pining for them in each installment since Ruby and Sapphire, also the game which introduced a much more linear pathway due to Gyms being completely forced in a straight progression without the ability to do anything out of order

It culminates in BW actually trying in the first place though. And while this board whines a lot that the player character is 'the chosen one' these words are never really spoken, and most of the time the player characters usually earn their right to these legendaries by overcoming villainous teams left and right, which has been a staple since Gen I

The argument you seem to present seems to be that aspects that hadn't been focused on prior installments end up focused on a later installment. Which is honestly the complaint I had with X and Y because they half-assed absolutely everything to do with the story
>>
>>25648525
Yes, they are.
>>
>>25648559
>>>>>>>>>>>>BW
>>
>>25648578
>>25648632
This.
>>
>my opinions are facts, the thread
>>
File: le hat tipping man.jpg (24 KB, 257x286) Image search: [Google]
le hat tipping man.jpg
24 KB, 257x286
>>25648683
>gen 5 are his first games
>i grew up,,,heh,,,
>>
>>25648698
Even if I dislike Gen 5 games, there are alwaus some music tracks are incredibly nice in every game.

Agree on most of the rest, fully or partially.
BW2 was an acceptable game compared to how mediocre if not terrible BW was, basically the DP and RS games of Gen 5 except for the fact they force you to use a limited dex with shitmons.
>>
>>25648768
>falling for the hard mode meme
>something you need to finish the game first to unlock and is also version exclusive unless someone passes you a key
>"hard" mode
>>
File: 1428881061192s.jpg (3 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1428881061192s.jpg
3 KB, 125x125
>>25648525
>No oras
>No lg/fr
>>
>>25650044

>tiny thumbnail reaction image
>literally handpicks two of the worst games to date

you don't deserve those dubs
>>
>>25649796
you mean the same retard who uses biased and mostly strictly subjective opinions list and pretends those are all facts?
try searching for it on knowyourmeme.com
>>
>>25650044
>FRLG
Played those games and they were fucking boring in the end, absolutely no replayable content and their "battle tower" like facility was worse than the original one.
>>
Gen 5 was Garbage . Yes even the sequels
>>
>>25648756
Unova is far and away the worst region.
>>
>>25650133
>>25650177
FRLG was great though.
>>
>>25650186
Nah, the sequels were pretty good. Not the pinnacle of Pokemon tho.
>>
>>25650194
Main story wise and fixing RGBY problems maybe, but was not so enjoyable once you have completed the TR quest.
>>
>>25648578
This,
>>25648756
There may be some cool pokemon, but most aren't available until endgame. It's mostly shitmon and boringness.
>>
>>25650160

yeah thats the one, do you have it?
>>
>>25650386
should check the 9gag archives but have slow connection
can you do it for me? xD
>>
>>25649201
>As for Lysandre, you got me there. He makes absolutely no sense
He was tired of the state of the world so he wanted to save the hard working people and kill everyone else. That's the reason why Flare had an extremely high entry fee.

Unfortunately those hard working people weren't interested but their children who were born into wealth did, so ironically instead he ended up with the people who he wanted to purge from the planet.

Lysandre was one of the more simple yet serious villains in the series you can really tell who rushed down X and Y if they didn't know this.
>>
>>25650423

man if you dont want to help you can just say so my dude, im just trying to find a picture
>>
Since this thread is already cancerous enough, let's just list our top 5 100% SUBJECTIVE pokemon games.

1: B2/W2
2. B/W
3: Platinum
4: HG/SS
5: FR/LG
>>
>>25650481
1: HGSS
2: Platinum
3: B2/W2
4: GSC
5: XY
>>
File: 1458344220678.gif (3 MB, 294x238) Image search: [Google]
1458344220678.gif
3 MB, 294x238
>>25648528
>Replace Platinum
>Platinum
>with BW2
>with
>BW2
>>
File: laughing sniper.jpg (61 KB, 762x525) Image search: [Google]
laughing sniper.jpg
61 KB, 762x525
>>25648629
>DPPt too hard for kids
>too non-linear
>battles are too challenging
>TPC reboots the series to make it more welcoming
>gives you the easiest and most linear game in the series
>"IT'S A MASTERPIECE"
>>
>>25650481
only a gen 5 nostalfag or troll would even consider BW
lele tope keke welle memede budde!
>>
>>25650481
1: Platinum
2: Emerald
3: GSC
4: FR/LG
5: BW2
>>
>>25650781
>GSC
>that high
Holy shit you have some shit taste.
>>
>>25648525
>platinum
without a doubt
>bw2
on this now and i fucking hate it almost as much as xy
>ORAS
my favorite personally, but i know platinum had the best start at the time. great thing about oras is that it made it super easy to travel with the flute post game and made it fun again to collect them all

not to mention it got rid of the custom characterization from xy, which was a waste of space
>>
>>25650481
1.BW2
2.HGSS
3.BW
4.XY
5.FRLG
>>
>>25650834
fuck off
>>
>>25650534
You're right. He forgot to say to replace Emerald with BW as well as replacing Platinum.

>>25650563
BW is better than Plat in every way. Just because you started with the worst gen and haven't grown up enough to form you own opinion so you spew memes like hating on 5th gen to look cool doesn't make Plat any less shit or you any more right. Don't worry, someday you'll be mature enough to move out of mommy and daddy's house and take care of yourself.
>>
File: 1458133390245.png (246 KB, 1136x717) Image search: [Google]
1458133390245.png
246 KB, 1136x717
>>25650841
you can have your own opinion if you want.
>>
File: 1458116766790.jpg (46 KB, 776x602) Image search: [Google]
1458116766790.jpg
46 KB, 776x602
>>25650809
>>
>>25648756
>second best region
ahaha, you can't be serious.
>>
>>25650334
>There may be some cool pokemon, but most aren't available until endgame.
He's talking about Black and White 2 not Gold and Silver anon.
>>
>>25650481
1.HGSS
2.Emerald
3.Platinum
4.FR/LG
5.BW2
>>
File: laughing_meidos.jpg (48 KB, 231x208) Image search: [Google]
laughing_meidos.jpg
48 KB, 231x208
>>25650875
>Just because you started with the worst gen
Dude, I literally started with gen 2, played gen1, gen 3 is my favorite but I'm able to accept Platinum is objectively the best game in the franchise.

And now that we're playing the assumption game, let me guess, you dropped Pokemon after gen 2 and BW was where you picked it up again.
>>
File: barm.jpg (6 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
barm.jpg
6 KB, 100x100
>all these fools saying Gen 5 is bad

holy shit, some of your faggots are desperate. either you never played the games, or you played them so long ago you've forgotten everything. ok, they don't have to be your favourite games, but to those who enjoy arguing against them - stop lying to yourselves, or go back and play them.

I used to insult Pokemon Black and White until the cows came home until I played through it again and learnt to appreciate a solid Pokemon game. Don't get me started on Black 2, that shit was already top tier by the 5th gym.
>>
>>25651039
>but I'm able to accept Platinum is objectively the best game in the franchise.
Okay, Platinum is so far from the objectively best in the series, especially when the majority of the content and the story was done better in Emerald.

I mean, if there was ever a Pokemon game that represented GF removing the good mechanics and features for no reason it's Platinum and Gen 4 as a whole. That's coming from an objective standpoint.
>>
Platinum
HG/SS
Emerald
BW2
BW
>>
Platinum is shit.
Diamond&pearl is game freak fucking you in the ass without lube. Platinum is game freak spitting on his dong before shoving it in
>>
>>25651171
Platinum has contests, the underground, secret bases, BF, Survival Area, Resort Area, Fight area, it's the most non-linear game in the series and definitely the most challenging. What else do you want from a Pokemon game?

You have to be kidding to say that the story in any pokemon game has any weight to how good it is.

>>25651243
>Game is too hard :'(
FTFY
>>
>>25651358
>Contests
>secret bases
>BF
Funny you would mention that considering those were hit the hardest.

Contests lost the depth they had in combos and jamming moves and they were replaced with unresponsive DDR and dress up the thing as a whole didn't pose even a modicum of difficulty unlike the RSE and ORAS contests.

Secret Bases lost the several layouts that were in RSE and the trainer battles, trainer battles were gone for good and the layouts were turned into generic squares. There were also several customization options that were removed too and you couldn't store your friend's bases either.

The BF had the unique facilities removed like the Pyramid, Pike, Arena and, although I don't think anyone missed it, the Palace.
They were then replaced by Battle Tower clones with a throwaway gimmick that didn't change the game at all. The number of facilities were also reduced from 7 to 5.

The underground wasn't particularly fun either especially with that input lag.
Survival area was just Gym Leader rematches but the issue there is that you could only battle them once a day whereas in Emerald you could do it multiple times.
Resort area had nothing in it except for the ribbon place and the Villa, the villa was a neat idea but ultimately fell flat on it's face when you realise it's a pointless endeavor, you couldn't even move the furniture you purchased and there was nothing there but a few NPCs visiting.

>it's the most non-linear game
That still goes to RBY. When you look at it DP were pretty linear with Platinum making it more so due to moving the placement of Fantina but it was masked by how twisted the overall route was. As for the challenge that's a severe overstatement from people like you because it still runs on a mediocre AI sure you can boost the stats and fix up the movesets but it doesn't make a lick of difference if they don't utilize it.
>>
>>25651358
>You have to be kidding to say that the story in any pokemon game has any weight to how good it is.
Of course not, it's such a minor part of the game.
But just because it's minor doesn't mean that it's not worth mentioning, the story was a near exact copy of RSE's just without the second team but it jumped the shark by making the central pokemon gods whereas before that it legendaries were still powerful but not gods.
>>
>>25651068
you seem very insecure
>>
File: NO.jpg (51 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
NO.jpg
51 KB, 1280x720
>>25648528
Please die. BW and B2W2 were garbage.
>>
>>25651550
The contest had the purpose of showing the DS novelties while the underground beside having the same purpose also merged secret bases and item grinding but also mini games to be added to the other wifi games and features.

You sounds like if it's easy to think of new battle facilities and gimmicks when shit like triple and rotation were not added yet. Even if there were only 5 battle facilities they were all decent and challenging on their own.

Are you seriously complaining about gym leaders rematch being avaible once per day? At least their teams were better than emerald ones and regardless this doesn't even seem a problem.

The npc visiting the villa added personalities and undergrounds to said characters.

>mediocre AI
>trainers keep swaping mons and shit

wew lade
>>
>>25648683
>You fags even wanted it back in the remakes of the ORIGINAL gen 3 games that didn't have it and bitch that it's not there.
This is a terrible excuse. HG/SS were Gold and Silver remakes but the had features that were from Crystal. Why couldn't OR/AS? If you honestly believe that Gen 5 was better than Gen 3 then you need to kill yourself you underaged Unovabortion.
>>
gotta add diamond and pearl
>>
>>25648559
In the trash where they belong.

>>25648571
unovafag pls leave

>>25648632
slow and underdeveloped games are slow and underdeveloped. With shit, undeveloped characters, shit backstory behind Team Plasma, and zero reason to be invested in the story, the games were doomed to fail.
>>
>>25648571
OR/AS was only bad because GF rushed them. Emerald was great.
>>
>>25653092
>HG/SS were Gold and Silver remakes but the had features that were from Crystal
Did they? There was Suicune, I guess. But they didn't use the Crystal battle tower, they lazily ported Platinum's gimmick Frontier, exactly the same thing people shit on ORAS for doing.

Meanwhile, ORAS actually improved on RS' mechanics and flaws, adding features like DexNav, faster surfing and the Eon Flute and vastly expanding the selection of catchable mons with the post-Primal migration. HGSS has the same HM-laden route layouts, the same underleveled trainers and the same badly-distributed Pokemon GSC did, and rather than fixing any of that they added a gimmick pedometer.
>>
>>25650481
1. HG/SS
2. BW2
3. Emerald
4. ORAS (literally just the competitive features and music)
5. Platinum (I guess)
>>
>>25648578
THIS. BW2 faggots are NOTHING without their postgame.
>>
>>25653373
>getting this mad

I mean, the postgame is a huge part of why the game is great, but there are plenty of other reasons it's good.
>>
>>25648528
I would replace heartgold or soulsilver with it
you dont need both on the chart (although they are better theyre bbasically the same game)
>>
>>25649865
I just found the "awakening" portion right at the Elite 4 to be a bit silly. I mean, you've really done nothing all that grand to stop Plasma up until that point, it's just a crisis plot development. At least with RS/DP, you have the villain succeeding in doing something you could NEVER do.

But yeah, the beginnings of the Legendary focus started long before BW, I just felt it was the most intrusive in those games.
>>
>>25648525
I honestly find it difficult to diagree. Although I still havent played platinum. Pearl was a great time though.
>>
>>25650481
I'm just going to rate all the ones I've played

1.B2W2
2.HGSS
3.BW
4.Emerald
5.XY
6.FRLG
7.DP
8.ORAS
>>
>play BW2
>want some fun, cute and cool looking pokemon on my team
>also want a bit of a challenge
>every pokemon I catch evolves into a boring OP monster

BW/BW2 babbys pls go
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 326x343) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 326x343
>>25653130
>>
>>25653038

Here's your (You)
Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.