[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which one do you tackle first? Personally I used to go for Koga
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: gym.png (1 MB, 1280x1440) Image search: [Google]
gym.png
1 MB, 1280x1440
Which one do you tackle first?
Personally I used to go for Koga first, then Blaine and Sabrina as the last one before Giovanni.
Only during my VC Red playthrough I entered Saffron before arriving to Fuschia, still, I will go for Koga first.
>>
Koga is easier and gives you access to Surf
Sabrina next because she's a tough cookie and doing Saffron sets up possibly the greatest forshadowing the series has to offer

After going to Saffron you find Team Rocket. Beating Giovanni awards you the Master Ball, a ball so unique that it should only be used for one thing. With only so many gyms left to do, you wonder what you should use the ball for. Maybe Articuno because you find it on your way from Fuchsia to Cinnabar, but when reaching Cinnabar you're forced to go into the Pokemon Mansion to get Blaine's key. Upon searching the Pokemon Mansion is where you learn of Mewtwo, and doing so gives you the perfect idea of what the Master Ball should be used for
>>
>>25648554
...and I just ended up using it on a Level 7 Alakazam through the mew glitch because 1) I already caught everything else 2) all it knew was kenesis and teleport, so I wasn't risking that shit for a second time.
>>
>>25648633
I was mostly talking about when your a child first learning Pokemon, no sane human being goes from Fuchsia to Cinnabar when Pallet to Cinnabar is a quicker option
>>
Always:
>Kiyo
>Koga
>Blaine
>Sabrina
Because I sure as shit don't want to do the Team Rocket Hideout and Silph Co. nearly back to back.
>>
>>25648658
>when your a child
the story remains unchanged
>>
>>25648682
That's not what I was saying? I was talking more about exploring the region

Most people will do Fuschia and Saffron before Cinnabar, so they'll get the Master Ball right before learning who Mewtwo is. It's the way information is revealed what I'm getting at
>>
>>25648554
>and doing Saffron sets up possibly the greatest forshadowing the series has to offer
That's not foreshadowing. That's ineffective game design.
>>
>>25648658
>Fuchsia to Cinnabar

Is it even possible?
>>
>>25649465
Yes you mong. The fucking seafoam islands.
>>
>>25649465
Probably not when you're a kid. I know when I was a kid I never thought to buy repels, and just ended up running into wild Pokémon all the time when trying to do Seafoam Islands. Eventually I said, "fuck this shit," and went south from Pallet Town. Apparently everyone else did as well, except for this one guy who talked about the Seafoam Island puzzle and how he got to Cinnabar that way.
>>
>>25649465
That's what you're "supposed" to do.
>>
It took me many weeks to figure out how to get into saffron city as a kid, so I probably did Sabrina even after I did Blaine.

I didn't mind this because I was a dumb idiot kid that could sink hours into a game accomplishing nothing and still feel like im having fun. Now I get bored just trying to complete objective after objective.
>>
File: 1457729286668.jpg (10 KB, 180x157) Image search: [Google]
1457729286668.jpg
10 KB, 180x157
>mfw i always did sabrina first and blaine last
>mfw i missed the seafoam islands completely the first time i played because 'fuck all that water'
>>
>>25649514
>It took me many weeks to figure out how to get into saffron city as a kid, so I probably did Sabrina even after I did Blaine.

It didnt make sense anyway
Even the worst African dictatorial shithole wouldnt be that corrupt
>>
>>25649655
How did you like ORAS~?
>>
Can they do this again? I don't care if it's for the first three badges or the middle ones or the latter ones. It's interesting and open things for exploration.
>>
>>25648670
>Kiyo included
Kek. He's not worthy of mention here, he's just a mere sidequest
>>
5 comes before 6
>>
>>25648514
Mah niggs' pictures in OP.

>>25649684
This.
>>
>>25649684
After Johto, Game Freak shows they can only do linear games because they don't want to implement level-scaling ever
>>
>>25649711
Fuck them, give some effort, we know it's a cash cow franchise but show some quality and effort. Dude.
>>
>>25649668
i actually love hoenn, it is my favorite region. i'm a gen1 oldfag, i was a literal kid when it came out, by the time gen III came out i had learned some patience.
>>
>>25649699
He was more there to say that I poke my head into Saffron, then leave for Fuchsia right after.
>>
>>25649767
Alright.
>>
>in pokemon origins brock only uses two of his weaker pokemon because Red didn't have any badges yet

Why can't they apply this to all gym leaders so we truly can tackle them in any order?

They can even apply this to wild pokemon too. A trainer with more badges will draw stronger wild pokemon out of hiding.

Not sure how this could fix enemy trainers, but dammit, I want non linear pokemon.
>>
Koga because I don't want to deal with the broken bullshit that is gen 1 psychic until I'm a little stronger.
>>
>>25648514
Sometimes I do Sabrina after 4th gym, but only if I have a pokemon that can quickly take out fucking lvl 40 something Alakazam
>>
>>25649465

It's what I did the first time I played
>>
>>25649504
>tfw if kanto was released now there would be an ocean current that forces you to go through seafoam
>>
File: image.gif (30 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
30 KB, 500x375
>>25650232
More likely GF would block route 21 from Pallet Town for some bullshit reason.
>>
File: CdiWLUkW8AAiksG.jpg (42 KB, 600x364) Image search: [Google]
CdiWLUkW8AAiksG.jpg
42 KB, 600x364
>>25650411
Gen 4 at least was KINDA creative?

Gen 6 has this and power outages
>>
File: LgBO8vH.jpg (22 KB, 397x532) Image search: [Google]
LgBO8vH.jpg
22 KB, 397x532
>>25650679
>this shit
i wanted to hit this guy so hard.
>>
>>25649819
Unfortunately GameFreak will never put in the extra effort to do something like this, even if it won't hurt the casual kiddie fans.

>>25649465
I've never not gone through Seafoam Islands before hitting Cinnabar. I knew I could shortcut from Pallet, but I always took the long route for exploration and catching Articuno
>>
>>25649465
That's literally what I've done every time, I didn't know this wasn't the norm
>>
>>25650716
That guy is doing his job (which is bullshit, sure), that other guy? He's a fucking fisherman, why and how does he know about my business with the gym leader?

>>25649819
Types can be used to balance the experience.

Gen 5 did it right, Gym No. 1 was "whichever type you're weak and strong against so prepare the opposite" and Gym 2 was Poison, which is a thread to exactly Grass Types and nothing else (back then, good times) so you just mash.

What they smoked in XY to make the final gym Ice of all types (most weaknesses together with Rock, both also the best attacking types) which is a slow type as well, so you just onehit everything...
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.