[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you have faith that they won't mess it up, /vp/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 13
File: Pokemon Sun & Moon logos.jpg (88 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon Sun & Moon logos.jpg
88 KB, 1280x720
Do you have faith that they won't mess it up, /vp/?
>>
No faith at all. As such I will probably be happy with whatever they make because my expectations are zero.
>>
No, but I'll still enjoy the games for what they are regardless.
>>
>Having faith after Gen VI

Just go in expecting anything better than Kalos and nothing else. Have zero expectations and maybe it'll actually be a good game, further cementing Generation VI as the worst in the series since it didn't even deserve a third game, unlike Gen II
>>
Kind of no. It's probably going to continue getting easier and easier.

In terms of post game, and extra features, that shit was always my favorite part, and now that we aren't getting Z, I'm fucked
>>
>they will never have challenge mode from the start on both games

suffering
>>
XY and ORAS were amazing. Of course
>>
I'm only here for new pokemon. The only thing that can make me play the game is if it's premise is changed.
>>
yeah

but mostly because I've enjoyed every Pokemon game besides B/W
>>
Gen six was so fucking horrible that I have my doubts. I want to be hyped but can't after the travesty that was Oras and them skipping Z.

>Select all images with a a cactus

Gamefreak can shove one up their collective ass.
>>
Probably this is going to be a good generation because:

are bad

are good
>>
File: 1458153806140.png (275 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1458153806140.png
275 KB, 800x800
Regardless how bad it may be, there will be a rom hack of it that makes it great
>>
I hope they TRIED to mess up

The games are so extremely safe there will be nothing new
>>
No, NDS was the final good handheld for Pokemon.
>>
>>25648581
Are there any good hacks of XY/ORAS yet?
>>
>>25648515
>4
>bad
>1
>good
>>
>>25648581
>romhacks
>good
>>
No, I expect these to be crap.
>>
File: me.png (404 KB, 478x718) Image search: [Google]
me.png
404 KB, 478x718
>>
>>25648984
Eternal X/ Wilted Y are good increased difficulty hacks with all mons capturable
>>
File: 1458396284006.png (645 KB, 722x525) Image search: [Google]
1458396284006.png
645 KB, 722x525
>>25649010
>this bait
>good
>>
Less than none.
Maybe if I pray hard enough it'll be like Gen 5, where I had zero expectations and it became my favorite gen.
>>
>>25648459
Faith is pointless with Pokémon.
>>
As long as they're better than the Hoenn and Sinnoh games I'll be happy. I doubt even GF could make something worse than those regions.
>>
well the names of them are sun and moon so I think they will be neat. At the very,very least I'm guaranteed some great ghost pokemon like always. the logos look promising
>>
>>25648581
Epitome of optimism.
>>
>The most development resources behind any Pokemon game to date
>They rushed one Gen 6 game and killed another before it began for this
I have some faith, but something tells me we're not leaving easy mode any time soon.

I'll probably enjoy it anyway, though.
>>
>>25649422
>and killed another before it began for this
What
And where did you get that first statement from
>>
>>25648459
Absolutely. Gen 6 has been a huge step up from gen 4 or 5, I can only imagine things will continue to get better.
>>
Well I had complaints for every pokemon game, but yet I still enjoyed every single one. As such, I'll probably like them.
>>
>>25649568
Well we don't know if Z was ever planned or not, though it probably was, but it was probably axed to work on these games more.

>And where did you get that first statement from
Gamefreak usually develops more than one Pokemon game at a time. ORAS didn't start development until XY's finished, and since I doubt that Tembo the Badass Elephant took up all their time, logically that would mean they were working on Sun/Moon in the background.
>>
>>25648515
It's still gen 6.

>>25649422
>and killed another before it began for this

Stop this nonsense. They never planned on making Z.
>>
>>25649782
I said "before it began" because they might've thought about a Z really early on but then decided to try something widely different like this.
>>
>>25648459
Yes because I loved every single one main line game so far.
Only games I found boring and bad was ORAS so I've faith.
the only thing I fear are gijinka fusions.
>>
>>25648459
they will probably remove all the things i liked in gen 6
>>
>>25649619
Oh, so it's just speculation.
Well, don't be surprised if it ends up as dull as the Gen 6 games.
>>
>>25649913
Well they had to have at least been working on it. Do you think they were doing nothing related to Pokemon aside from XY during said game's development? Unless they have a huge development time-sink like Amie, they'd have to be absolute retards not to have at least something pretty good.
>>
>>25648459
unless it gets developed by a different team, which won't happen, yes
>>
It'll probably be ok.
>>
Anyone got an opinion on what the teased bird should be nicknamed?
Options: Picody, Picopeck, Twicap, Barklet, Peckerino, Cressap

http://strawpoll.me/7112031
>>
0-4: good
5-9: bad
repeating digits: canceled
>>
>>25648459
>Do you have faith that they won't mess it up, /vp/?
Nope, first games are usually unfortunate enough to be absolute shit.
>>
Having shit expectations is a win-win.
>>
>>25648581
Yeah, no.
Rom hacks usually just make the game more grindy removing the fun of the game.
>>
>>25650691
These aren't first games. They're the third set of games in gen 6.
>>
Like the first of every generation it will be an alright game only propelled up past that to anyone at all by the dazzle of all the new stuff that comes with the first of every generation.
>>
>>25650715
Why do you say it's gen 6?
>>
IMO, the only bad main games have been DP, but only because minor issues that were fixed in Plat.
>>
>>25650737

Delusion, just ignore him.
>>
>>25650748
>Minor issues
>>
>>25648459

I doubt it could be better then ORAS.
>>
>>25648459
Hahahahahahahaha

No
>>
>>25648459
i doubt they will. i just want decent pokemon throughout the first travels so i can make a decent varied team. the best thing that they could do is revamp the starters and give you something that isnt going to be fire/water/grass types. that would sell it for me
>>
File: Why even live.jpg (33 KB, 604x388) Image search: [Google]
Why even live.jpg
33 KB, 604x388
Not one bit. Everything that can possibly go wrong will do so and we will learn to appreciate Gen 6 for what little it did right.
>>
>>25650737
2 pentagon slots leftover
Zygarde's formes not being in a game yet
Zygarde still having two signature moves undistributed
Strange Souvenir being tradeable
3D confirmed to STILL not work everywhere

>>25650768
fuck off
>>
>>25650946
>2 pentagon slots leftover
Leftover data isn't anything new.
>Zygarde's formes not being in a game yet
Not evidence for another Gen 6 game.
>Zygarde still having two signature moves undistributed
See above
>Strange Souvenir being tradeable
See above
>3D confirmed to STILL not work everywhere
What does this have to do with anything? The reason why we can't have the 3D effect everywhere is because of the models they're using. Gen 6 or 7 game or whatever doesn't matter, if they're still using those models and the game is still on the 3DS it's never having full 3D.
>>
>>25650946
>muh lock capsule
>>
>>25650946

You know they can just add Zygarde's formes and moves to Gen 7 right?
>>
>>25650988
>Leftover data isn't anything new.
Used data isn't anything new.

>Not evidence for another Gen 6 game.
Yes it is.

>See above
See above

>See above
See above

>What does this have to do with anything?
A new gen and they the engine is STILL busted enough to not have 3D working everywhere even with optimization for the new 3DS.
>>
>>25651001
Lock capsule was never given to the player and it had a visible use.

>>25651030
You know they wouldn't have added Zygarde's moves to gen 6 if they weren't planning on using the forme in gen 6 right?
>>
File: s2925.gif (1 MB, 370x270) Image search: [Google]
s2925.gif
1 MB, 370x270
I can't think in how this is going to be any different of any game I've played so far.

>Welcome to the world of Pokemon!
>I am Professor [some tree], and I make my living by studying Pokemon!
>This world is inhabited by creatures we call Pokemon! Some people treat them like pets, while others use them for battling.
>About you...
>[Some dialog prompting your name and gender]
>And now, your adventure is about to begin. New experiences with Pokemon await you and blah blah blah.

>You wake up in your bedroom. You have a Nintendo console there with an accesory. I could bet in S&M it will have an Amiibo next to it too.
I at least have seen little variations on how the introduction develops, but basically...
>Three Pokemon to start with: Grass, Fire and Water.
>You choose one.
>Your lifelong friend/neighbour/whatever chooses the one whose type is strong against yours. The comedy relief character chooses the one left, whose type is weak against yours.
>Only the first will enjoy some character development. The latter will just be cringe material for the rest of the game.

And:
>You want to be the champion.
>8 leaders, 4 elite fours, 1 champion and an evil team.
>You're forced to use at least one HM to beat the game.
>None of the leaders want genuinely to beat you.
>Only the leader of the evil team will, at least, try to be sympathetic. The grunts will be the airheads they always have been.
>Nobody will care. Time for the frail kid that just began an adventure to do all the dirty job, just after you beat the 6th gym. Some silly road block will prevent you to go to the 7th gym unless you do that "sidequest".
>Legendary is linked with the evil team somehow.
>"It feels sympathy for you". You're forced to catch it.
>Victory Road will always be here, no matter the region.

I have heard that "Don't fix what isn't wrong", but I've basically spoiled you the entire game without being a Game Freak employee.
>>
>>25651034
>Used data isn't anything new.
The data hasn't been used yet.

>Yes it is.
They could just as easily add it into Sun and Moon and make it the next generation.

>A new gen and they the engine is STILL busted enough to not have 3D working everywhere even with optimization for the new 3DS.
Did you not read what I said about the models?
The N3DS is literally just an overclocked 3DS, it lacks the power to run properly with models that have over a 15k poly count.
And it's not a matter of engine either.
>>
File: 1430054144510.jpg (4 KB, 108x124) Image search: [Google]
1430054144510.jpg
4 KB, 108x124
>>25651054
>You know they wouldn't have added the Azure Flute to Gen 4 if they weren't planning on using it in Gen 4, right?
>>
>>25651065
>but I've basically spoiled you the entire game without being a Game Freak employee.

So what about the new pokemon?
The location?
The actual story?
The people?
Everything else that makes up pokemon rather than the bare essentials you've outlined here?

Seriously the only game you've spoiled are the gen 1 and 2 games.
>>
>>25648459
They'll find something to fuck up. That I have faith in.
>>
>>25651054
>You know they wouldn't have added Zygarde's moves to gen 6 if they weren't planning on using the forme in gen 6 right?
It's called placeholder data.
>>
>>25651054
Yet even though they never distro'd it to HGSS, it still had a use in BW1 if you hacked it in.

Game Freak does lots of silly things.
>>
>>25651103

Who the fuck cares about Pokemon's story or characters? They're all trash.
>>
>>25651173
What bothers me that it has potential for not being trash.
>>
>>25651173
So what about the new Pokemon?
>>
>>25651146
Yes. Placeholder data for SOMETHING THEY WILL USE LATER.

>>25651088
>The data hasn't been used yet
It will be.

>They could just as easily add it into Sun and Moon and make it the next generation.
They wouldn't have wasted time adding all this shit in gen 6 if they weren't planning on using it.

>The N3DS is literally just an overclocked 3DS
It can still run better.

>>25651095
>1 item vs 2 fucking moves, an item, and 2 pentagon slots

Plus we knew what the Azure Flute did, and it wasn't given to the player. We don't know what the Souvenir does, and it WAS given to the player in the finished game.

>>25651161
>Yet even though they never distro'd it to HGSS, it still had a use in BW1 if you hacked it in.

Exactly. We know what it does. But we don't know what the Souvenir does.
>>
>>25651194
>We don't know what the Souvenir does
It doesn't do anything, you mongoloid. If it had any functional use it would have been discovered when the game was datamined years ago.
>>
>>25651194
>It will be.
Of course it will be, we just don't know what Sun and Moon is. You on the other hand just said that the data WAS used and it was a surefire indicator of Sun and Moon being gen 6 when that's not the case here at all.

>They wouldn't have wasted time adding all this shit in gen 6 if they weren't planning on using it.
They do it all the time anon.
Lock Capsule
Azure Flute
God Stone
That unused music in gen 1
The Safari Zone in gen 2
Etc. It doesn't mean it will ever be used in that generation.

>It can still run better.
Better in the sense that instead of 10fps we'll get 11fps.
>>
>>25651194
>Placeholder data for SOMETHING THEY WILL USE LATER.
Like those 40 extra Pokémon in Gen I?
>>
>>25651194

Not necesarily. Some stuff in games just gets dummied out in production, and is in the game's code but is unobtainable. It's fairly normal.
>>
>>25651194
>Will
Yeah, in a later gen.
Just like the Sweet Honey, or did you forget that they were in Generation 2 as placeholder data?
>>
>>25648459
>odd-numbered gen
It'll be perfect.
>>
>first versions of a gen

nope.
>>
>>25648459
Not after 6, no. But I'm looking forward to the new mons
>>
>>25648487
Gen VI was fucking terrible.

The only saving grace was dex-nav, which will probably be gone.
>>
To all these people saying "first versions", protip, there is no more 3rd versions. What you get is what you get.
>>
>>25648459
I'm expecting something between Gen 5 and Gen 3 in quality.
>>
File: PedE1EC.jpg (73 KB, 1024x512) Image search: [Google]
PedE1EC.jpg
73 KB, 1024x512
>>25648468
>>25648479
>>25648505
>>25649363
>>25650691
>>
>>25651870
Yeah because what we need are people defending mediocrity.
>>
>>25648515
>le odds and evens meme
Don't be a fuckface

Gens 4, and 5 are objectively the best in terms of quality and content, which completely disproves this nonsense.
>>
>>25651985
Not saying that.

If anything, I am saying that we as fans need to start expecting more from Game Freak, because we're not getting "fixed" versions. We need to start letting Game Freak know that we expect each game to be "full" so to speak.

I will forgive X/Y for being the jump to 3D models, it clearly took up a lot of dev time.

OR/AS was unforgivably shit. S&M, well, we will see. I will be cautiously optimistic, as every healthy fan should be.
>>
>>25651996
>Gen 4
>quality
Can the sinnohsperms please leave?
>>
>>25651311
>Yeah, in a later gen.

No, for the same gen. Otherwise they wouldn't have bothered wasting time putting it there.

>>25651305
>It's fairly normal

This much unused content isn't "fairly normal"

>>25651300
There were no 40 extra Pokemon in gen 1.

>>25651269
>Of course it will be, we just don't know what Sun and Moon is
I do. It's a gen 6 game.

>They do it all the time anon.
No other SINGLE generation has had this much unused shit.

>>25651208
>It doesn't do anything, you mongoloid

Exactly. But it will in Sun/Moon. That's the point.
>>
File: Roxie SFW (98).jpg (456 KB, 850x456) Image search: [Google]
Roxie SFW (98).jpg
456 KB, 850x456
>>25652507
>There were no 40 extra Pokemon in gen 1.
You do realize that most of Gen 2 Pokémon were just unused Gen 1 mons right? That's why Johto has so many Kanto mons, it was basically just a Gen 1 expansion.

>It's a gen 6 game.
Can you at least admit you may be wrong? You sound like a twat tbqhwyf

I personally just think Strange Souvenier was a nod to the player to say that we aren't returning to Kalos. I am not sure it was ever intended to do anything. I could be wrong though. But so could you.

I'm still waiting on the Original Dragon...
>>
>>25652656
>You do realize that most of Gen 2 Pokémon were just unused Gen 1 mons right?

They weren't in the actual game.

>Can you at least admit you may be wrong?
I'll start when gen 7 fags admit that they may be wrong.
>>
>>25652689
lol
>>
I'm indifferent on their ability to create a good single player experience after XY. But I'm sure there will be great enhancements to the gameplay, and im going to love battling my friends.
>>
>>25652689
That's like asking for those who believe the Earth revolves around the sun to admit they might be wrong. Sure, they could be wrong, but it would go against all logic and evidence.
>>
>>25651996
Gen 4 was ridiculously slow and most of the new Pokémon from that gen look like complete ass, especially Torterra.
>>
File: 1393817648810.jpg (7 KB, 201x250) Image search: [Google]
1393817648810.jpg
7 KB, 201x250
>>25653273
>especially Torterra
Stop posting anytime
>>
>>25653273
How is it possible to have taste so shit?
>>
>>25653137
>That's like asking for those who believe the Earth revolves around the sun to admit they might be wrong.
No, because that's a fact. It isn't a fact that these games are gen 7. Both sides are speculating.

>but it would go against all logic and evidence.
fuck off with this shit. I AM using logic and evidence. That's why I think it's gen 6.
>>
>>25651194
>But we don't know what the Souvenir does.

It teases a new region. It's a statue of a pokemon "From a land we haven't seen before"

Hell, you can probably transfer it from X&Y to S&M to unlock some legendary.
>>
>>25653789
>Hell, you can probably transfer it from X&Y to S&M to unlock some legendary

Exactly my point. Which is why its tradeable. And if it's tradeable, that means XY and Sun/Moon can directly interact (by means other than Bank) which points to Sun/Moon being gen 6.
>>
>>25648459
I honestly do have hope for these games. I have a feeling they'll be better than X/Y but not as good as B/W. /When are they going to reveal more about these games?
>>
Why does everyone suddenly hate XY so much?

They're fine games. Yeah, maybe a bit casualized but it's not like you have to use all the OP pokemon they just hand you.
>>
>>25654642
Look around you, what kind of people do you think regular 4chan? Bitter people, frustrated people, lonely people, people who have gotten so used to things being bad that the idea of something good is laughable. They don't want things to be good, they want them to fit with how they view the world. Even if they find something good, they'll do their best to find the bad in it, that's just how a lot of people here are. It's not their fault, but it doesn't mean they're right either.

I loved X and Y. It was easy, I even played with the EXP Share on the entire time, but I still had fun. The world was colourful and lively, the music delightful, and the sense of adventure as strong for me as ever. I think Gamefreak can learn from what people liked about X and
Y and all the past games to make something really special for Sun and Moon.

At the end of the day, Pokemon is about having fun with yourself and with your friends; if you're not having fun, go do something else that does make you happy! :)
>>
>>25654642
No one hates XY and if you do you have a mental llness, I mean the game has flaws but to just hate it is complete madness.
>>
>>25653915
there could easily be a time capsule or a way to link the games together if you have both

I'm pretty sure there was an event that did something like this in the past, actually
>>
>>25648459
Only if they make it possible to catch 'em all.
>>
File: 1292132147251.jpg (118 KB, 456x359) Image search: [Google]
1292132147251.jpg
118 KB, 456x359
>>25654642
>give sister a copy of X for her birthday
>she plays through it a while, seems to enjoy it
>check her party
>it consists of Braixen, Ivysaur, Lucario, Lapras, and Amaura
>no pokemon in the box

I mean she didn't even catch a single pokemon. What the fuck.
>>
>>25655119
I'd love to catch them all postgame, or have a limited hybrid version like Gen 2 where some from the past generation were available as well.

I think one of Gen 6's big failigns was way too many pokemon being available, and a lack of thematic focus. BW ere good in that they went back to the style of Gen 1, where only that generation's mons were available. It felt like a truly new experience, whereas Gen 2 felt like a sequel to Gen1 rather than a standalone game.

I think what would be best is: Go through Region, collecting Gen 6 and 7 mons. After the elite 4, you can go back to Kalos and get the rest of them, ala Gen 2. I'd be sad that I couldn't get my bro for the main part of the game, but sometimes too much choice can take away from a game's enjoyability! Change is good.
>>
>>25654642
They're great, but suffered from poor region design in the second half (first half was literally 10/10)

And the super casualized single player experience made it kinda boring. Gen 4 and 5 had enough difficulty spikes to keep things interesting, and even seasoned players have to use their heads when facing off against the Champions.

But Gen 6? Nah, you just stomp through the game without a single challenge. Maison dont count.

Also Maison, following the PWT, was boring as hell, and they didn't even have the BF in OR/AS to compensate.

So no, I don't hate gen 6, I think X/Y were incredibly enjoyable, but I do have problems with them that I pray will be fixed in Gen 7.
>>
>>25648459
>Do you have faith that they won't mess it up, /vp/?

No. I'm going buy it and play it and enjoy it anyway.
>>
>>25648459

No. They're going to fuck it up massively.
>>
>>25648468
It's actually pretty sad to be set on buying something you have zero expectations for. Basically like saying you're fine with being a mindless sheep.
>>
New region.
The same game they always produce, overall.
But with some 100 extra new pokemon.
Usual mix of some cool ones, some mediocre ones, some weird ones and maybe a couple of breakout pokemon.
They will introduce some mediocre new features, maybe one or two good ones, but they''ll also ditch any nice features introduced in the recent games as well.
It will have a story about a team trying to use magical ancient super pokemon to take over the world somehow. With minor involvement of the player, a terrible story and terrible characters, etc.
It will be as easy in a stupid and lazy way as usual, the endgame features might be between bad to almost passable but not good. And it will sell around the same amount all games sell.
>>
File: image.jpg (300 KB, 608x1070) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
300 KB, 608x1070
>>25650715
>game freak is going to introduce a second set of original titles, as well as new Pokemon in a single generation

>ignoring patterns observed since gen 1
>>
The only thing I will be disappointed in, is if they remove customization.

I know it will be piss easy.
I know I won't be able to catch some of my faves as I go through.
I don't expect a massive amount of pokemon in each area.
I don't expect much for end game other than some sort of battle mansion.
But monster catching/collecting games are my drug.
>>
Yes. Everyone knows odd number gens are always great.
>>
>>25658374
And lets add that, like Gen V, it's not starting on a new system. I'm sure it'll be good.
>>
>>25648459
>GF
>Quality Product
Choose one.
>>
As long as they don't remove trainer customization I'm fine with whatever.

Wouldn't be surprised if they did nothing interesting with the meta for this gen
>>
File: 1392781975624.png (352 KB, 484x536) Image search: [Google]
1392781975624.png
352 KB, 484x536
If the 2 extra space thing is true and people are right when they say that game freak is going to skip it along with Zygarde's Thousand arrows/waves, then no, I don't have faith that they'll be good. And I'm not even trying to be a Zfag or a 6.5fag. It's just that I find it absolute bull shit that game freak is going to scrap leftover stuff from games over and over again.

>we have an opportunity to expand upon Pokemon games
>but screw that! Here's a new game with less than 100 new Pokemon, even less content, little to no post game, and free level 100 shiny legendary of your choice at the beginning of the game if you pre-ordered at gamestop!
>>
>>25658401
>That'll be $45! Thank you for shopping at Game Stop! Would you be interested in Power-Up rewards?
>>
>>25658401
Just thinking out loud here.
But what if Z comes out as the next remake?
The next games to remake would be DPPT and they are still perfectly usable on the DS.
And with the ability to release old games on the Virtual console why would they need to remake it?
So Z would get, the new gen pokemon, all the stuff you guys think was missing ane possibly a complete redo like BW2
>>
I know it won't have a hard mode single player option from the start and the story won't be any less cringy/bad than last couple times.

But I also know some of the trainer designs will have good porn.
>>
>>25651187
No, it doesn't. It's a Japanese game for the cell phone audience
Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.