[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
On September 28th of this year, these games will turn 10 years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: download.jpg (13 KB, 286x176) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
13 KB, 286x176
On September 28th of this year, these games will turn 10 years old. Do you think Nintendo will do anything for the anniversary? A remake would be ideal, especially because d/p are next in line to be remade, but we might just get Girratina on mystery gift or something. What do you think?
>>
Maybe something simple like the legendaries getting an event

They can't have remakes this year with Sun and Moon being around the horizon. Maybe they'll make tons of references to Sinnoh like how Sinnoh itself made tons of references to Johto
>>
Is there anyone here with 4 as their favourite gen? Just curious. Also feel free to give reasons why.
>>
>>25648448
That would be OK. Sinnoh is my favorite region desu, so if it ever gets remade, say, next year would be sweet.
>>
>>25648457
I would say so if it weren't for Gen V essentially being Gen IV's engine but better. For many people it's the generation that got people back into Pokemon after Hoenn killed the hype of Pokemania

Also introduced the Physical/Special split which honestly cements it as the generation I cannot hate under any circumstances
>>
>>25648457
Op here, Gen 4 is my favorite, too. I think it did a great job reinventing the series and bringing it to a new console. The music is dope, love all the bells. It's very atmospheric, too. I like the story, team galactic is full of badasses. There was plenty of stuff to do after the elite four, though not as much as g/s/c did.
>>
why the fuck does Gen 4 still feel new? But Gen 3 has felt old since Diamond and Pearl came out.

Like I dont know. Diamond and Pearl still feels new to me.
>>
Gen 4-5 & 1-2 are on DS

WE DON'T NEED REMAKES FOR ALL THE 4
>>
>>25648565
I feel you.
>>
>>25648575
Why not?
>>
We just had a fucking remake. Not every game needs to be remade every 10 years, specially when DS games can still be played on 3DS.
>>
>>25648457
gen 4 is my favorite, mostly because I started with it

but also because it still has my favorite starter set and some of the better music
>>
I liked Gen4 the most because unlike later generations, the games were actually HARD.
>>
>>25648430

Sinnohfetuses need to fuck off already
>>
>>25648649

No they weren't. Only Cynthia was remotely difficult.
>>
>>25648649
Yeah, I'm replaying Pearl right now and I'm having some serious trouble.
>>
>>25648448
>with Sun and Moon being around the horizon
that is a very clever pun
>>
>>25648667
What region do you prefer?
>>
>>25648608
You're right, but some could argue that Ruby and Sapphire still look great, but they got remade.
>>
Couldn't care less if we never saw Sinnoh again...

Anyway there's no point remaking a game that can already be played on the current handheld. Put them on the Wii U VC or something idk

Sinnohfetuses are definitely the most irritating part of the fanbase. They've overtaked Genwunners in their whining imo
>>
>>25648705

Ruby and Sapphire still aren't playable on 3DS or later versions of the DS.
>>
>>25648727
They still look and play great.
>>
Do people not like sinnoh fans because they disliked the games or the fans are annoying?
>>
>>25648737

Pokemon games are remade for compatibility regardless of how good they look or play, so that's irrelevant.
>>
File: 1281438128378.jpg (16 KB, 348x340) Image search: [Google]
1281438128378.jpg
16 KB, 348x340
No more fucking remakes, Jesus Christ.

Put the effort into new regions and new pokemon.

If you like Sinnoh so much just go replay DPPt.
>>
>>25648755
True. Perhaps they will put it on the NX.
>>
>>25648777
Imagine the shitstorm if NX isn't compatible with 3ds games though
>>
>gen 1 remakes came 8 years after original
>gen 2 remakes came 10 years after original
>gen 3 remakes came 12 years after original
Expect gen 4 remakes in 2020. Besides, like >>25648608 said we just got remakes. We don't need more released immediately.
>>
>>25648565
Because DS vs. GBA games. Especially since Ruby and Sapphire are stuck behind the wall of the Physical/Special split

I find anything without that split to be considered archaic as fuck
>>
>>25648797
Well we already know Sun/Moon are compatible with Pokemon Bank, so Pokemon will still be transferable that way regardless.
>>
>>25648799
Phooey
>>
I've read people say that gen 1 is more likely to be remade again than gen 4.
Probably because the remake was on the GBA and has no compatability with the other games
>>
File: Cyrus team.png (67 KB, 780x644) Image search: [Google]
Cyrus team.png
67 KB, 780x644
>>25648679

Off the top of my head I can remember.

>Roark's Cranidos
>Mars' Purugly
>Jupiter's Skuntank
>Gardenia's Roserade
>That ace trainer double battle on the rainy route
>>
>>25648862
Pretty legit for a Villainous Team leader

Fun fact: Wulfric in X and Y has an Abomasnow with only 3 moves
>>
>>25648862
Dude, Mars' fucking Purugly
>>
>>25648430
If any generation needs a remake, it's gen 4. Those games are such utter garbage with the terrible region layout and the HM abuse and the S L O W A S F U C K E N G I N E.

Remake HGSS while we're at it, maybe Johto can finally be in a good game.
>>
>>25648876
The worse issue was the Elite four having horribly low levels, only four pokemon, and no mega evolution.
I had max amie effection levels and by the time I got to the champion I was twenty levels above her. The Elite four never increased in level either.
Although I did love going against Team Flare that was always great.
>>
>>25648900
You said it.
>>
File: why.jpg (24 KB, 288x499) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
24 KB, 288x499
>>25648900
>remake the remake
>>
>>25648799
>muh patterns
>>
>>25648862
>Roark's Cranidos
Wait, the first gym leader? That thing is 2hko'd by all three of the starters.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.