[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>from gen7 on, main games become smartphone apps you know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: gen 7.png (616 KB, 819x595) Image search: [Google]
gen 7.png
616 KB, 819x595
>from gen7 on, main games become smartphone apps

you know it's coming
post yfw
>>
source, my fucking ass
>>
Fuck dude, that would be abysmal.
>>
I have a feeling SM will have a gimmick app for mobile. Sort of like a smartphone version of the pokewalker.

I really want that actually
>>
>>25648274
No they won't.
Unless you can somehow make a guaranteed 10million x 40 (excluding hardware profits from bundles) from a smartphone app
>>
I just want a real Pikachu
Actually I want I minum
>>
>>25648573
Pokemon Amie will be moved to a mobile app
>>
Are people who claim this kind of shit retarded or just woefully pessimistic?
>>
Why would Nintendo give up the only thing people buy their handhelds for? Don't be stupid.
>>
>>25648771
It would be cool if there was like a My Pokémon Partner app that was more in depth
>>
>>25648771
desu senpai I'd really like a cartridge-based Pokemon-Amie or maybe a downloadable title

Then I can finally stop playing these games. I know I can never fatten them though so I'll make due with what they give me
>>
>>25648274
>literally one of the greatest profiteers for Nintendo and their portible game market
>choosing mobile instead
This is so illogical it isn't funny.
>>
depends anon,if pokemon go becomes popolar,it might happen,if not,i really doubt it
>>
>>25649152
Mobile has a much larger potential, and with the 3ds possibly nearing the end of its life it's not entirely impossible that gen 7 may have mobile ties or additional features via an app, and that leading to 8 maybe having a port. Of course that's assuming there's no new handheld. Which I doubt considering the handheld division is the only one that's not floundering.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160206-003434~2.jpg (192 KB, 1385x1524) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160206-003434~2.jpg
192 KB, 1385x1524
>a companion app in which you can transfer eggs to your phone
>walking irl will hatch them
>smartwatch compatible
>the egg hatches on the screen with a pixel art Mon
>the shiny rate in games is lowered
>a sightly higher chance when walking irl for shiny
>>
>>25649360
>Mobile has a much larger potential

Does it? It does for freemium or 99¢ games, but for $40 full-priced games? My understanding is that normal-priced games simply never sell on mobile. So unless you're hypothesizing a monumental change in gameplay to accommodate a freemium+microtransaction model, which I think is out of the question for the main series, than I don't think this is at all a possibility.
>>
The main problem right now with Nintendo + mobile is that they're newcomers, and the micropayment systems suck in the games with them. Compared to established mobile games, at least. Stamina and pricing and cooldown and other bullshit features are even more bullshit because they haven't figured out the balance yet.

Also, haven't many of these been removed from the various app stores? The iOS version of Pokedex 3D retired September of last year. Pokemon Say Tap was only available for 3 months for iOS and Android. Pokemate was pre-smartphone and understandably Japan-only, due to the US having had so many completely different types of cell phones at the time, and no standard OSs outside of Apple products.

Pokemon Jukebox doesn't let you use it if your phone is rooted, and is stupidly overpriced and doesn't even have a decent selection, doesn't let you use tracks you already bought from iTunes, ect. The interface is god-tier, it's a shame.
>>
>>25649448
They wouldn't be able to sell at 40, no. But there's a game, a pokemon knockoff actually, named evocreo that sold for 5 bucks until august last year when they dropped to 99 cents.

Pokémon could easily drop to 5 or 10 dollars and make up lost cash flow through sales of cosmetics or gachapon styled rolls of random shiny pools to correspond to times of the year, easy EV resets, iv rerolls, stuff like that which is just more convenience based and is largely ignored and just abused on actual carts in a large amount of time.

Also 20 dollar ff releases still sell extremely well.
>>
>>25649588
A good model test for this, actually would be official gen 1 releases. Red blue and yellow, maybe green. 9.99 each just like 3ds. I guarantee there would be tons of sales because while it's nice and works well on emulators the connectivity is a huge deal and really awkward cause both people need the same rom and same emulator.
>>
>>25648274
>he thinks SuMo is 6.5
>>
>>25649588

I don't think a main series game will ever move to any format like that. And Nintendo will never sell a major new game at that price point. Spinoffs, maybe. And some of the ideas about companion apps in this thread are interesting and reasonable. But it'll never happen with main series games, at least as long as handheld consoles are still a thing that exists.
>>
>>25649695
I don't think new games will happen on mobile for a while if ever, but I see no reason they couldn't port over gen 1 and 2. Seems like easy money.
>>
>>25649752

It's easy money, but not a lot of money, and it would cannibalize the potential market of people who might buy Nintendo devices to play the games. Nintendo would rather that one person buy a 3DS to play a Gen I rerelease than 50 people buy it for Android, because then they get the profits for the 3DS and the likelihood that the person will buy multiple other full-priced games. But if that one potential 3DS buyer can get the game on mobile, they lose all of that.

Simply put, it's not in Nintendo's financial interest to put any potential system-seller, even a $10 rerelease, on a mobile device.
>>
>>25648274
SuMo is on 3DS, 2DS, and N3DS. Or do you still think that SuMo is Gen 6.5?
>>
>>25649836
Those old releases are the furthest thing from system sellers there are. I mean people are more likely to buy a gba with fire red than a 3ds for regular red. That's straight up truth. The gen 1 releases are already out there anyway. Pokémon isn't an unknown title, it's fucking minecraft tier. Everyone knows pokemon. An android and ios release of gen 1 would totally generate without a single doubt at least 500k sales in the first week.
I mean maybe I'm giving too much credit to tpc or Nintendo but thinking mobile sales would cannibalize console sales is ludicrous. Mobile market is so far removed from traditional handheld markets that you'd have to be ret-...

Fuck. Well I can dream. Then when the pokemmo port is released to mobile they'll have missed the chance anyway.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.