[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did people discover the seemingly infinite amount of gli
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (246 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
246 KB, 1920x1080
How did people discover the seemingly infinite amount of glitches in the earlier games? Some seem so specific and elaborate. Did they come onto them by accident or were they looking for exploits in the code?

https://youtu.be/s3yKOzcs10E
>>
It was a combination. I know I stumbled upon the mechanics for finding other stuff with the Mew glitch on my own. (Ex: Fight Prof Oak)
>>
I came across Missingno. in Blue by accident playing my GB walking home from school one day. Immediately ran and then discarded the glitched item from my inventory because I was afraid it was going to fuck up my game.

Then I heard about what it was from other people at school at a later date.
>>
>>25648543

Didn't mean to hit post so early. Basically, someone finds something by mistake or exploits something they find. They start to learn. Then they start making it happen again and again to learn about it. Rumors spread. More people do it.

Some of it IS looking at the code, but not a lot. A lot of the code browsing is to see the eventual damage done. (Ex: Swapping elevator floors like items swaps important code around)
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.