[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What if, in Sun/Moon, there are no new starters, but instead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: starters.jpg (503 KB, 1145x863) Image search: [Google]
starters.jpg
503 KB, 1145x863
What if, in Sun/Moon, there are no new starters, but instead you get to choose from any of the 18 starters of previous gens?
>>
>>25644291
That would be dumb
>>
>>25644291

Won't happen.
>>
It all comes together...
>>
>>25644307
They're breaking all kinds of other patterns, why not this one?

Plus, I'm fucking sick of starter pokemon. The past two generations have been complete garbage.
>>
That actually wouldn't be terrible, so long as you only get one. How they would present that big of a choice would be a bigger issue though.

too much choice can be a bad thing, focus is key.
>>
>>25644337
Because starter pokemon are always some of the most popular and merchandise-able Pokemon from each gen. It's like expecting them to get rid of Pikaclones.

Also. gen 5 and 6 starters were fine.
>>
That would be a let down.
>>
>>25644291
God no. What a horrible idea. Kill yourself OP.
>>
>>25644291
What if, in Sun/Moon, the starters aren't Grass/Fire/Water, but instead are LITERALLY ANYTHING FUCKING ELSE
>>
>>25644337

Why would they introduce new games by saying "guess what, we didn't give you any new starters!" They want to sell games, and making them seem like retreads from the start isn't the way to do it. You may not have liked recent starters (I, for one, disagree), but they're key to the series' marketing.

So it won't happen.
>>
>>25644380
The usual starter type trio won't change. They're simple concepts, with intuitive relationships between them (even a very young kid can guess that water beats fire), that lend themselves to memorable and marketable designs. They're good for attracting new players and introducing them to the series and its gameplay in a way that other types wouldn't be.

We can hope that they continue to give them interesting secondary typings, but I don't see any way they ever drop the Grass/Fire/Water trio.
>>
I think it would be better if they did something like in X/Y, where you get to choose a second one from a different gen...as long as they don't give you an insta-win button with it.
>>
>>25644291
What if they do something like Yellow, and we get the generation's Pika clone?
>>
>>25644557
Mega pokemon aren't even that strong and you're only allowed one per team

Legendaries are the real cancer
>>
>>25645746

This.
>>
>>25644337
>They're breaking all kinds of other patterns
We say this every time.
>>
>>25645746
There are Megas as strong, and sometimes stronger than a good half of legendaries though.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.