[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Make it fucking stop jesus christ its so bad
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
File: BW2_Location_1.png (102 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
BW2_Location_1.png
102 KB, 256x192
Make it fucking stop
jesus christ its so bad
>>
>>25643899

I was so hyped to see that Mecha Tyranitar in the original trailer.

I thought "fuck yes, gen V is taking it's story in an even more out there diection by featuring non pokemon enemies. The story is going to be so cool"

But no, it was just the worst mode in the game.
>>
>>25643899
No

>>25645769
It's better than contests and the fucking musical.

Only the Pokeathlon is better.
>>
is this mode bad?
I skipped V but seeing the sprites of the entities exclusive to this game, It was actually getting me fairly interested.
>>
>>25643899
I dunno it would have been fun if they didn't force you to use their Pokemon the first time
>>25645769
Don't remind me.
>>25645784
>Pokeathon
>better than Contests
Whatever floats your boat anon
>>
It was literally the best side mode. It was battling but with a puzzle twist, like those school battles in Stadium 2, and with some amusing dialogue. Much better than mini-game bullshit like the pokeathalon and musicals.
>>
>>25643899
>hating anything regarding Gen V

Try harder, faggot. Your taste is too shitty.
>>
>>25645824
Musicals and Movies are both worse than contests, fact.
>>
BW2 are my favourite games in the series and even I couldn't stand this shit.
>>
>>25645824
I like Gen V but this defense force it has is fucking irritating.

Poke Hollywood was boring.
>>
Why do people hate contests?
I think they are about as enjoyable as battles, the problem is they are pretty inconsequential to the surrounding game, and don't offer any real sense of progression.
>>
i wouldnt have a problem with it if it didnt fucking force you to do this shit to progess further in the game
>>
File: rayfugrash.png (50 KB, 204x305) Image search: [Google]
rayfugrash.png
50 KB, 204x305
Pokeathlon > Sinnoh Contests > Hoenn Contests > Pokestar Studios > Lumiose City PR Videos > Pokemon Musical
>>
>>25645856
I feel like the reason it has a defence force so loud is because its picked on a lot. There's a lot of people that sum up Gen V as "the ice cream Pokemon gen".
>>
File: B2W2_F-00_Pokéstar_1.png (5 KB, 108x99) Image search: [Google]
B2W2_F-00_Pokéstar_1.png
5 KB, 108x99
>>25643899
The worst part is that F-00 could have been given to us as a real Pokémon instead.
>>
>>25643899
If side things like contests and the like are shit, then the movies were the polished cecotropes of that world.
>>
>>25645999
I love F-00. It's better than Klink and Magnemite.
>>
File: B2W2_F-00_Pokéstar_2.png (6 KB, 115x117) Image search: [Google]
B2W2_F-00_Pokéstar_2.png
6 KB, 115x117
>>25646067
>>
File: 2104154072_f25bbe0b22.jpg (102 KB, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
2104154072_f25bbe0b22.jpg
102 KB, 486x500
>>25646029
My man
>>
>>25645815

Yeah, the Pokeathlon is way better than contests.
>>
>>25645784

The Pokeathlon trumps all
>>
File: hKJVwZF.jpg (27 KB, 405x720) Image search: [Google]
hKJVwZF.jpg
27 KB, 405x720
god I hate that it forces you into this shit.
I wish they'd do something like pokeathlon again, that was genuinely fun. Contests are meh
I liked musicals
>>
>>25645857
>they are pretty inconsequential to the surrounding game, and don't offer any real sense of progression
You pretty much answered your own question. Also, Pokeathlon gave you cool rewards like evolution stones that made it worthwhile. ORAS contests were the first ones that gave you any kind of tangible reward with the fans that give you gifts. There's also the fact that contests tend to be slow-paced and heavily dominated by luck.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.