[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your opinion on HG/SS, /vp/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7
File: HGSS.jpg (55 KB, 460x210) Image search: [Google]
HGSS.jpg
55 KB, 460x210
What is your opinion on HG/SS, /vp/?
>>
>>25642172
It's great. Its only flaw is causing faggots like you to make the same thread over and over again.
>>
The last good games until XY
>>
I like it. It's better than Crystal, which is impressive because I love Crystal. It and Platinum are why I like gen IV the best.
>>
The only good remakes
>>
More engaging than the Black and White series, even if they are technologically inferior.
>>
Ruined GSC's soundtrack
>>
>>25642216
>Implying FRLG aren't better than Gen I in every way
>>
>>25642172
Best looking Pokemon games. Perfected 2D sprites were top-tier.
>>
Besides the level curve and it being on GEN IV engine, one of the best games in the series. If it was built on the GEN V engine it would be almost flawless.
>>
I need to replay it.

Great game. So much to do compared to other games.

But I don't like the Aesthetics.
>>
>>25642646
Why do you write Gen in all caps? It isn't an acronym. You aren't shouting it.
>>
File: tumblr_m0n5pvDYe21ql8jlyo1_540.jpg (233 KB, 522x800) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m0n5pvDYe21ql8jlyo1_540.jpg
233 KB, 522x800
>>
File: tumblr_m0n5pvDYe21ql8jlyo2_540.jpg (221 KB, 522x800) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m0n5pvDYe21ql8jlyo2_540.jpg
221 KB, 522x800
>>
'
>>
It was better than most, but I didn't enjoy it as much as B2/W2 or Pt. I don't like the Johto region all that much, so that probably plays a large role.
>>
>>25642172
Best sprites, excellent reskinning of Johto. Amazing soundtrack, awesome rebalancing of Johto's ecosystem.

Twice as long as other Pokemon games, so it's pretty much automatically better than the majority.
>>
Lost my pokewalker ;_;
>>
>>25642515
Nah.
>>
>>25642172
Okay games that get really overrated. Not in my top 5.
>>
>>25642172
Fantastic games. I love how they update the style of the games and most of the charcters.

In hindsight I'm disappointed they never fixed wild pokemon placement/levels or trainer levels.

The only real shame
>>
File: 7BqhX20.png (161 KB, 592x443) Image search: [Google]
7BqhX20.png
161 KB, 592x443
Favorite game, BW2 in 2nd place.
Comfy and fun, the Pokemon following you give you an entirely new connection with them that wasn't achieved again until Amie. Great music, Pokemon selection actually not as bad as people make it out to be, you can get a Heracross as early as Azela town for example.
>>25648470
I think they had to balance the entire game with Kanto in mind, so while Johto's gym leaders never hit the 50s, you have an entire extra region with super powerful trainers and gyms.

Overall 10/10, HGSS and PMD2 saved Gen 4 from being forgettable garbage.
>>
My second favorite mainline games and easily the best remakes. Actually even counting spin-offs they're probably still my second favorite pokemon games.
>>
File: 1458063950169.jpg (17 KB, 307x371) Image search: [Google]
1458063950169.jpg
17 KB, 307x371
>>25642666
>But I don't like the Aesthetics.
>>
>>25642172
Was elder god tier until they shut down the WiFi.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.