[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just found an unsealed booster box in my garage while cleaning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
File: pokemans.jpg (303 KB, 1600x1337) Image search: [Google]
pokemans.jpg
303 KB, 1600x1337
I just found an unsealed booster box in my garage while cleaning out.

Also Retro TCG thread.
>>
>>25642045
If there are sealed packs, sell those unopened. Don't open unless you have the luck of the gods and will draw a Charizard in every one.
>>
>>25642045
Wow good find OP (muh nostalgia), does anyone know how much this worth?
>>
How hard is it to find retro pokemon cards?

I want to get into collecting them. Used to have a small stack, but I had to leave it behind years ago, along with all my cool retro pokemon junk.

I might just get new cards but I really like the artwork of the old ones, which is the main reason i'd be collecting them.
>>
>>25642105
If you buy singles, pretty much all the old cards are dirt cheap except for Charizard.
If you're interested at all in playing the game, get new cards because you can't play cards older than Black & White era in any official formats.
>>
>>25642059
If it's the Unlimited print, it can sell for $500-$3,000. If it's First Edition, it can be worth up to $15,000. Only if the entire box is sealed, that is.
>>
>>25642140
This. If you ever find old shit still sealed, leave it sealed. Sealed shit is valuable as balls, anything open is worth dick all.
>>
>>25642045
>Giving a fuck for cardboard
>Keeping shit sealed thinking its valuable

VP full of virgins hahahahahahahahabababababababahahahababababab grow up faggots get some pussy
>>
>>25642140
Unlimited, i dont know if its shadowless or not though, how do i tell?
>>
>>25642201
>>
>>25642135
It's XY now, unless you're referring to the expanded format.

>>25642202
The border around the artwork normally has a drop shadow.
>>
>>25642248
I don't want to unseal any of the packs or the box though.
>>
Darn smart people and their financial senses. Woulda been kinda neat to see an unboxing, even if it's technically nothing new.
Why are Charizards worth more anyway?
>>
>>25642045
Don't open it OP
It's worth more as it is.
>>
>>25642831
>Why are Charizards worth more anyway?

That's like asking why a Batman action action figure is worth more than a "nameless beat cop action figure"
>>
>>25642248
Shadowless is very hard to come by, so unless the box was a first run of Unlimited and you managed to get a box of first run, 100% chance they will be Shadowless. Unfortunately, at this point, the only way to find out is to open them but I would highly not recommend you do that.
>>
>>25643305
No, it's really not. Every single other pokemon isn't a nameless beat cop.
Besides, I figure there's some rarity involved, not just charizard fan wankery.
>>
>>25642831
Primetime Pokemon on Youtube unboxes a Base Set booster box on his channel. Very hard to watch a valuable item be opened but he does get a Charizard.
>>
>>25643353
Fine. Then it's more like the other pokemon are Mayor Hill, and Dr. Leslie Thomkins.

Or Killer Moth if you insist on a character that "almost" matters the way Venomoth does.
>>
>>25643507
Again though, is regular childhood awesomeness the reason alone?
Or does rarity come into play at all?
>>
>>25643618
It's because everyone has at one point in their life jerked off to Charizard.
>>
>>25643363
>Primetime Pokemon
never liked this fag

he mispronounces names and sounds obese. aussiefag unlisted leaf is miles better despite the ADD bullshit
>>
>>25643618
It's just sperg manchild nostalgia
>>
>>25643674
Unlisted leaf is a fucking joke. He only acts like he knows what he's talking about. All his videos are shit.
>>
>>25643794
I think we can agree all jewtubers who open up pokemon cards are shit.
>>
>>25643363
>Primetime Pokemon
Is he the cunt that scaled packs? He's an asshole.

As for unlisted leaf, he's at least entertaining.
>>
File: YOU LIKE HOW I DANCE.webm (2 MB, 716x478) Image search: [Google]
YOU LIKE HOW I DANCE.webm
2 MB, 716x478
>>25643794
marriland is the GOAT tbqhwy

shame he only opens the new sets once
>>
>>25643674
Actually, I've known Primetime for a long time. That was his nickname so he used it over on his channel. His real name is Ryan. Won't give out his last name. But he actually isn't obese considering he works out 4-6 times a week unlike you.
>>
>>25642399
Don't open it OP. Keep it the way it is
>>
>>25643826
>unlike you
>projecting because I offended him about his boy toy
my sides senpai
>>
>>25643826
Alright Primetime whatever you say.
>My buddy saw Kylo Ren and the showes, and he said that Kylo Ren had an 8-pack, that Kylo Ren was shredded.
>>
>>25643804
No, he doesn't weigh his packs. You're thinking of unlistedleaf. That fag weighs his packs. I've never seen someone on Youtube open packs that always have something good. He's a fucking rip off of the real Poketube Openers.
>>
>>25643674
completely agree with >>25643794 Unlisted Leaf is really, really bad. It's very apparent that he doesn't actually know what he's talking about. In regards to his personality, I don't really care. The thing that irks me is the shitty, poorly research content.
>>
>>25643858
I didn't say he was ripped, faggot. He's just not obese. Get the naked man ass images out your head and pay attention.
>>
>>25643821
>gardevoir traced thick fat

nice.
>>
>>25643873
>The thing that irks me is the shitty, poorly research content.
Never trust the Aussie's senpai. Just look at >>>/tv/ right now. Fucking Aussie power hour.
>>
>>25643883
>missing the point that hard
>that poor reading comprehension
>the baseless personal attack
I'm sorry that you're such a colossal moron, Primetime. I mean that.
>>
>>25643873
Half the shit he says I think is all speculation that he puts together from Bulbapedia and BirdKeeperToby (who is also a fucking joke.) Just because you have Pokemon shirts, don't make you an expert, buddy
>>
>>25643945
The dude clearly isn't Primetime. He would of announced it in that shitty fag voice is it was.
>>
>>25643987
It's called typing with the other hand.
It's his normie voice. Well, his intentional normie voice.
>>
File: can you berieve this, birr-san.png (851 KB, 640x650) Image search: [Google]
can you berieve this, birr-san.png
851 KB, 640x650
>>25643618
literally "muh dwagon" thats it.
>>
>>25643691
>>25644091
That's pretty god damn stupid.
I can understand individuals willing to pay more for them, but an overall raise in value must require an immense collection of autism.
>>
>>25644197
We are talking about 20+ year old men that collect cards.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.