[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw i realize i want a living dex How does one go about starting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: 1456498636249.png (250 KB, 500x411) Image search: [Google]
1456498636249.png
250 KB, 500x411
>mfw i realize i want a living dex
How does one go about starting aliving dex? By pokedex number or rarity?
>>
idk im drunk but shit git gud
>>
>>25635014
Event legends first, always. Then number. It just feels right to clear out an entire gen.
>>
>>25635014
Randomly
>>
I started my still incomplete living dex by getting a living regional dex first, then moving on to mons not obtainable in the game i started in.
>>
Would GTS be a great help?
>>
>>25635014

Here is how I started:

>go out on route 1
>catch everything there
>go out on route 2
>catch everything there
>go out on route 3
>catch everything there

when you finish with all that, you can start taking mons through Le Wow to level up and evolve them. Then, you breed them to get their lower forms to fill those box spots. It's not difficult.
>>
I organized mine by nationaldex number. Start in XY if you can and then use Bank to get them into ORAS. Or keep them in the bank. Mine are currently in ORAS. I'll move them over to SuMo when they launch.
>>
>>25635059
Yes. Don't look for Pokémon you want. Deposit Pokémon and wait for the trade. Be reasonable, don't deposit shitmons waiting for legendaries
>>
File: 1426796371646.gif (999 KB, 500x650) Image search: [Google]
1426796371646.gif
999 KB, 500x650
>tfw vp is being helpful
>>
>>25635014

a living dex?
do you mean an electronic encyclopedia of real living creatures/plants or just a pokedex in real life?
>>
>>25635093
A full pc of every pokemon and their prior evolutions as opposed to just final stages
>>
>>25635014
I just started a living dex on Y. After putting everything I had in boxes in pokedex order I realized that I must have released like 1/3 of my pokemon (mostly shitmons, but for some reason also final stages and non-evolving mons) back when I still played regularly. Now I have to go and recatch them.
>>
>>25635129
Why is this needed? It's stupid and have no reason behind it.
>>
>>25635170
Purely aesthetic
>>
>>25635170
Autism knows no bounds.
>>
>>25635170
It's so you don't have to catch/train them again when a new gen comes along.
>>
>>25635170
Why are YOU needed? YOU'RE stupid and have no reason behind YOU.
>>
>>25635014
>>25635081
Which Keion would u fug?
>>
I'm working on mine right now too. I made the mistake of immediately going for completing it gen by gen, and like a fool started with gen 1. I should have completed the regional dex first, then started filling in from there. I bred and traded for a lot of mons that I could have just gone and caught.

So, in short: regional dex first, then breed and evolve to finish all of those evolutionary lines. Then catch all of the available post-game pokemon, and finish those lines. Then trade for the remainder. Thanks to XY having an obscenely huge regional dex, this puts you a long way towards completion.

Also! Remember the value of the GTS! Trade lots for things you don't have.

We can both do this, anon!
>>
>>25635014
Catch and evolve everything in your current game and then go by pokedex number.
>>
>>25635014
>tfw I have a living dex
>tfw all fully evolved Pokemon have the OT set at the protag of their region
>So Charizard would have OT Red from my LeafGreen
>Typhlosion would have OT Ethan from my SoulSilver
>Etc..

I don't have autism though, I swear.
>>
>>25635014
I just started trying to do this after beating Omega Ruby. I guess it will need a shit-ton of trading since I don't have XY or AS, but that's ok.

>202 caught on HoennDex
>308 on National
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-03-10-00h02m23s352.png (200 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-03-10-00h02m23s352.png
200 KB, 640x360
>>25635396
not OP, but Sawako-sensei
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.