[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder that if you didn't buy Pokken because of the roster,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 7
File: image.png (88 KB, 320x181) Image search: [Google]
image.png
88 KB, 320x181
Reminder that if you didn't buy Pokken because of the roster, then you only have yourself to blame if we never get a sequel that your bro could've been in.
>>
>>25634904
This right here.
>>
My bro is incredibly unpopular, anyway. I'll still get the game at some point.
>>
>>25634904
i'm just not interested enough to buy it at launch. money finite and i have a lot of important bills to pay. maybe at a later date though.
>>
>>25634904
>if you buy trash maybe the next one will be good bro!
>>
>>25635458

that's not what OP is saying at all.
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 184x184
>>25635458
>his precious bro didn't get in
>>
>>25635458
greninjafag spotted
>>
>>25635611

It most certainly is. Buy this lacklustre game in hopes the next one is better. Are you an autism?
>>
>>25634904
lol sure thing, shill
>>
Why would Nintendo put in their most popular, recognizable and profitable characters, over my bro, Bronzong?
>>
>>25635611
that's exactly what op is saying if you consider pokken trash just because of the roster
>>
A Pokemon fighting game without hardly any fighting mons doesn't interest me at all. If they did make a sequel, the roster would be just as bizarre and most likely be at least 50% the same as the first game like most other fighting games that just add 3 or 4 new characters each time. I thought it'd be cool because I wanted to play as Hitmonlee/chan or Sawk/Throh or Heracross to see their different martial art styles animated, not because I wanted a fighting game with any old pokemon. Several of the characters already get cool animated attacks and stuff in Smash Bros, so I have no real desire to buy a new game just to see them again.
>>
>implying such a great game is trash

My bro will never get in. It's Raichu.
>>
>>25635678
autizm xDDD
>>
>>25635678
If you didn't like it in its entirety you knew your opinion didn't matter
>>25635706
>a single aspect
How petty
>>
>>25635727
that really just seems like your problem
>>
File: 1411445497620.gif (966 KB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
1411445497620.gif
966 KB, 350x263
>>25635727
>being salty about a fighting game having a lot of diverse playstyles and fighters and not just having a bunch of characters that do only hand-to-hand

go back to street fighter plz
>>
>>25634904
My Bro's not in Pokken to be sure, but the only reason I didn't get it was because I don't have a WiiU. If I had, you can bet I'd have snapped it up in a heartbeat. I really wanna play it, but I can't just buy a whole console for just one game.
>>
>>25635761
>>25635777
I'm not saying the game is bad or anything, I haven't played it at all. I was just explaining why I have no interest in it. To me, it seems absolutely no different than seeing the characters in Smash Bros or a 3D game like Stadium or PBR (although the main games count for that too now, I guess) because there's no real stylistic change in the way they fight. I wanted to see what it would look like if Fighting pokemon really fought instead of launching the same attacks they do everywhere else. The gameplay I've seen for Pokken looks good, but boring to me. I'm sure the fighting community will love it, but that's not why I wanted to play it.
>>
>>25634904
>JUST BUY IT!!!!!!!!!
No, leltendo.
>>
>>25634904
Is this stockholm syndrome?

If the roster isn't to a person's liking they have every right to not purchase it and complain about it.
Especially with something as expansive as Pokemon, it's not just the limited roster but the representing roster.
Good thing Pikachu reprises his role because without it the franchise would have zero brand awareness.

If Nintendo wanted people to buy the game they'd give people what they actually want to buy.
But it's okay when Nintendo does it.
>>
>>25635678
He's saying buy this great game and hope your bros are in the expansion.
>>
>>25637169
>Buy something you don't want and hope they'll get it right next time
At what point do you give up trying?
>>
>>25637123
>Good thing Pikachu reprises his role because without it the franchise would have zero brand awareness.
It wouldn't, the only other thing more memorable than Pikachu would be the logo and that isn't even featured on the box.

Also complaining about the roster is as pointless as complaining about the graphics especially when it comes to a fighter.
>>
>>25637123
They are giving people what they want to buy.
Breaking news: you're the vocal minority.
People like Pikachu.
People like Charizard.
People like Lucario.
People like Gardevoir.
People like Mewtwo.
People like the Hoenn starters.
People like Suicune.
People like Gengar.
People like Braixen.
And a small amount of people even like Weavile, Chandelure and Machamp too. To them, those Pokemon are their bros that managed to get in against the odds.
Besides that, there are a bunch of Assist Pokemon that people like.

Basically you're just whining that it doesn't appeal to you and only you.
>>
>>25637176
Except you do want the game, you just want one thing extra from it.
You will never get that if the game doesn't sell well.

Are you really too dumb to realise this?
>>
>>25637229
Hell, I don't even own a Wii U.
Who is the dumb one here?
>>
>>25637224
If I remember right the extra pokemon outside of the popular ones won popularity polls that the fans participated in.
These people are literally complaining that they only listen to these fans and not them specifically.
>>
File: liberal arts degree pepe.png (132 KB, 460x459) Image search: [Google]
liberal arts degree pepe.png
132 KB, 460x459
>>25637224
Then why is it selling like shit?
>>
>>25637224
Japan is gay for Chandelure. Is not a small amount
>>
>>25634904
Holy shit I thought this mentality stopped at the Tales of fans. Namco really has you all by the balls.

How about they fuck off and make a game that actually has a good roster to make me want to buy it?

At this rate, it's going to get repetitive fast and you'll all be bored of it within the month. Then itll price drop, then I'll consider buying it.
>>
>>25637245
You are, why would you show interest in a game without the system.
Why would you even consider the system for a single game.

If you weren't interested at all why are you in this thread? You could just ignore it.

In any case you're the dumb one here.
>>
>>25637281
Well then, Japan is correctly gay.
>>
>>25637288
>How dare people not of similar relevance to me have opinions!

You can show interest in anything without intent to or having previously owned it.
>>
>>25637300
>gay
>correct
love this meme
>>
>>25637277
>selling like shit
>sold out in most places
Hell I live in the UK the place where Nintendo never had big footing back in the day and it's sold out.
>>
>>25637282
b-but they'll patch it!
>>
>>25637301
So basically you're being moronic for the sake of being moronic.
>>
>>25637318
>Nintendo game is understocked
shocking news lad, alert me if it breaks 1 million
>>
>>25637308
>Implying you wouldn't be gay for based ghost/fire type
>>
>>25637337
>not knowing shit about the UK
No one buys wii u games hell I picked up Bayo new at Christmas and that's apparently hard to find.
If a nintendo game is sold out here then it's doing very well.
>>
>>25637333
Projecting I see. You win.

Good to know people can't ever have opinions unless they're of similar standing to those receiving them.
>>
>>25637301
So you have no interest in the game but want to shitpost about it anyway.
And you're calling him an idiot?
>>
Doesn't look like a particularly fun game, so I really couldn't give less of a shit over whether Typhlosion makes it in or not

Besides, I thought 4chan was generally against shilling?
>>
>>25634904
That's not why I didn't buy it.

I didn't buy it because I haven't a Wii U.
>>
>>25637371
Oh you can have opinions just don't act as if yours can make or break something or that your choices matter over the fans.
>>
>>25637386
>I thought 4chan was generally against shilling
Only when it's Nintendo, everyone knows that /v/ is filled with shills.
>>
>>25637281
>>25637263
Then that just proves my point further.
>>
>>25637337
>>25637363
Nintendo.com
&
Other sites
Confirmed
Pokken breaks 2.3 million copies world wide
>>
>>25634904
I want to play the game badly, but I don't have a Wii U and would rather wait on news for the NX first.
>>
>>25635695
Bronzong sounds like great support pokemon potential
>>
I just unlocked a Santa outfit for my trainer.

10/10 Best Wii U Game
>>
File: 1432430151859.jpg (21 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1432430151859.jpg
21 KB, 320x240
>>25634904
I've fallen for this before.
>>
>>25637224
Well if they aren't going to appeal to me and don't want to appeal to me why would they do so in the sequel?
>>
>>25634904
I'm not getting it because I don't have a WII U and don't want one.
>>
>>25638746
Because they can add in more characters and go down the list of popular pokemon?
Unlesss your pokemon is literally some nigh unknown gen 2 Pokemon then I doubt that it won't eventually get in.
>>
>>25638813
My #1 pick is Swampert. By the time they make a Pokken 2 if they do, it'll be Gen 7 and Swampert will have lost its short resurgeance of relevance. It's never happening, and I'm not buying a $60 game out of blind hope that it does.
>>
>>25638214
Slaaaaay
>>
>>25634904
tttthhhhhhiiiiiiissssss
>>
>>25638844
>it'll be Gen 7 and Swampert will have lost its short resurgeance of relevance.
Swampert is fairly popular actually anon in general mind you and not because of ORAS.
Also with the other two being in it'll be an inevitability.
>>
>>25634904
Nah

The probably are gonna add belle, rockstar and/or pop star
>>
>>25639088
>it'll be an inevitability.

I'm not a believer in patterns.
>>
>>25634904
I didn't buy pokken because I'm in college and my savings are incredibly low
>>
File: 1452114048950.png (380 KB, 776x1081) Image search: [Google]
1452114048950.png
380 KB, 776x1081
>If you didn't buy X game, you don't deserve Y game

YOU STOP THAT.

I'm sick of gaming companies saying shit like this, and punishing consumers for not being loyal to the brand.
>>
>>25639536
Budget around it if you can. I managed to put money aside for it and survive for a month on the rest
>>
I didn't buy pokken because I wanted to see what dlc pokemon are coming first.
>>
>>25639834
Harada just said he doesn't have any plans for DLC yet two weeks ago.

Wait about two months if you're really looking forward to DLC.
>>
File: 1429696396135.jpg (52 KB, 343x356) Image search: [Google]
1429696396135.jpg
52 KB, 343x356
>>25639560
>games that don't sell well should still get sequels because people still bought it

I mean, I'm buying the game because I love the concept and would LOVE to see more from it.

But it's not going to get any momentum in terms of popularity if people DON'T buy it in the first place.

Alternatively, even iff every human being on the planet buys the game (and console to boot), we may still never see a sequel.

It's a bit of a defeatist situation for consumers. People don't buy the game, it doesn't get a sequel. People buy it, it might not get a sequel regardless.

It's a vicious cycle that consumers never get to see until the devs decide to unveil the next sequel.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.