[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i have never played a pokemon game in my life what one do i start on?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: meme hitler.jpg (62 KB, 550x774) Image search: [Google]
meme hitler.jpg
62 KB, 550x774
i have never played a pokemon game in my life

what one do i start on?
>>
>>25631735
The newest
>>
Emerald or Fire Red/Leaf Green.

Anything prior to those will make you quit if you've never played one.
>>
Red/Blue/Yellow, then work your way up through release
OR
FireRed/LeafGreen and do the same

Playing anything after the Physical/Special split in Gen IV makes going back to the older games a chore. Each games introduce mechanics, but to get the most out of the series you really need to start with Kanto
>>
>>25631755
>>25631741
i also never understood the different versions, what does Leaf Green have that Fire Red doesn't? Are they entirely different games just released at the same time?
>>
>>25631782
Version Exclusives

Not all the Pokemon are in one game, some are put in the other that you trade between to catch them all. It's a group thing, it got better when Wi-Fi became more reasonable in the modern games but not having all the mons doesn't hinder your progress since there's still a plethora of options

Look up a version exclusive guide and pick who you think make good bros. That's what I do
>>
File: cet.jpg (48 KB, 717x959) Image search: [Google]
cet.jpg
48 KB, 717x959
>>25631801
okay, thanks for the help

have a cet
>>
>>25631735
Start with the newest and work your way back.
So
>X/Y
>Black/White
>Black 2/White 2
>Diamond/Pearl/Platinum

The first three generations have remakes I highly recommend playing the Gen 1 Remakes Fire Red/Leaf Green and the Gen 2 Remakes Heart Gold/Soul Silver.

Whether you choose to play the Gen 3 Remakes Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire or Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald is up to you.
>>
>>25631755
Don't listen to this guy
You don't HAVE to start in Kanto but if you are truly in his grasp only play the remakes Frie Red and Leaf Green.

Playing the original 1996 ones is just torture. I played them recently but I only had fun because of the nostalgia value I doubt anyone new to the series would enjoy it as much.
>>
>>25632259
This is the worst fucking shit i have ever read on /vp/
Never go back to the old games. Never.
Have you ever tried playing R/B/Y after XYORAS? It's fucking horrible.
>>
>>25632374
Well yeah that's why you ease your way in by slowly removing mechanics by going downwards through the gens.

Do you think it would be a better idea to start him off in on of the most unintuitive RPGs in existence? Is that the Pokemon we want him to know?
>>
>>25631852
Just skip Red/Blue/Yellow. They're not worth anything except a nostalgia trip, they've aged like milk.
FireRed/LeafGreen is a good place to start.
>>
>>25632386
Are you the type of person who suggests watching the prequels first because it's chronological order

If you remove mechanics you make the game less fun and harder to go back to. This board as it is can barely play Gen I without crying about anything other than it's the bare minimum of a playable game

That's why I said start with Kanto because it's the most basic and easy to understand introduction to the series. No complexities or bullshit to get in the way, the most basic understanding of the game
>>
Emerald(you need a ROM/emulator or actually find a legit copy and a GBA SP) or ORAS, out now. HGSS would not be bad either.
>>
>>25632402
>watching the prequels first because it's chronological order
First. No I tell people the prequels aren't canon.

Second I feel like this would apply better to you since you're telling people to wade through shitty gameplay dated mechanics because they came first.
>>
>>25632431
Yes, they are shit

But it shows how Pokemon at its core is shit and will make you appreciate the games that came after it more and more as the series gets progressively better. Otherwise there will be no reason to play them at all other than curiosity

Which, you know, is part of the reason Anon's getting into the series
>>
>>25632495
At least tell him to start with Gen 3
Because RBY and GSC are not worth playing today and only nostalgiafags will tell you they are still good.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.