[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gamefreak too lazy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1
File: custom Eggs.jpg (29 KB, 651x500) Image search: [Google]
custom Eggs.jpg
29 KB, 651x500
Is Gamefreak to lazy to make custom Eggs for each Pokémon?
>>
>>25630542
>taking away the mystery from mystery eggs
>>
>>25630566
Nah. Custom Pokémon Eggs are better idea.
>>
Are legendaries the only ones who've had non-standard eggs in the games?
>>
It's a stupid amount of work for something that doesn't really matter
>>
>>25630586
The current system has one benefit. This has literally no benefits since once the egg hatches, this pattern will be completely irrelevant.
>>
>>25630542
How about if each egg correlates with the primary type
>>
>>25630754
egg group would make more sense.
>>
>>25630542
>>25630754
How about different looking eggs for each egg group?

So Moster Group would look different from Ground Group etc. etc.
>>
>>25630781
Yes.
>>
>>25630781
wat ib too egg tips? HUH! exacting?
>>
>>25630737
You're an idiot
>>
Gamefreak isn't lazy, they want us to guess rather than taking the easy way out and already knowing the Pokemon that will hatch
>>
>>25630542
>is Gamefreak too lazy

Let me stop you there. Yes.
>>
>>25634575
How is he an idiot? He had a reasonable disagreement and you resort to calling him an idiot. You must be some sort of retard
>>
>>25630542
They do have cases of being lazy, but this isnt one of them.

Thats such an insane amount of work for essentially nothing. I'm also pretty sure that the generic look of the egg is intentional, keeping the pokemon inside a surprise for younger trainers.
>>
>>25634639
I disagree. Not that Game Freak is lazy, they certainly are, but I don't think that's the reason for this. I think if it's even crossed their minds, it's a small aesthetic thing that doesn't really DO anything. It could be useful, I guess, if you have several different eggs at once, but other than that it's not a necessary functionality.
It is a really neat idea, I like the other anons' idea of an egg for each egg group.
>>
>>25634657
>reasonable disagreement
>he
That doesn't make "him" less of an idiot
>>
>>25634672
And you deflect the question. Confirmed retard.
>>
>>25634676
I'm not deflecting anything you idiot. Learn your fallacies before you incorrectly apply them
>>
>>25630781
I was going to suggest different eggs by Type, but I like your idea better.
>>
>>25634679
What fallacy?
He said how redundant it is and you just called him an idiot for no reason.
>>
From all the merchandise to the many times it's occurred in the anime to the matter there was official art in the G/S/C manual, I believe there's a cache of egg designs somewhere. The only reason they're not used for a game is that it's easier to have one all-purpose sprite for the job. You want to clog the memory with more images?

I once did the unthinkable myself by making an egg for every lowest form in pokemon, and yes, I think I made this list in gen 5, so it was pretty doggone big. I have since rejected all pokemon having eggs and went for the appropriate version of birth, along with several different egg types depending on what it is, and "seeds" or spores for plants and fungi. I never finished designing these, as I could never agree on an aesthetic, as the whole Easter egg thing didn't make sense.
>>
The contents of the egg are supposed to be secret until you hatch it
>>
>>25634818
Literally only games.
>>25630542
Yes. They would have to make sprites for every Pokémon that can hatch from the Eggs (and probably for those who can't, just so the game doesn't crash), and everyone knows they're too lazy these days.

Who did Pokemon Channel, again? They had some unique Pokemon Egg designs there.
>>
>>25634672

What argument do you have for custom eggs other than wasting GF's time in useless shit that you won't even look at a 2nd time?
>>
>>25634826
>Literally only games.

So the only thing that actually matters then?
>>
>>25634828
>setting the conditions
You're a retard

>>25634753
>what fallacy
I can't tell if you're pretending at this point. Don't butt in on a conversation when you're pleading ignorance.
>>
>>25634834

So you're just name calling people that disagree with your idea. Ok then.
>>
>>25634846
?
>>
>>25634672
Are you a feminist?
>>
The people saying the egg has to be a surprise are close minded dummies. Just because that's how it works now doesn't mean that's how it should always work.
>>
>>25634575
Please explain what the advantage of more egg designs would be.
>>
>>25639644
I'm only baffled because I was not aware that trading mystery eggs was a thing. That is the only way you wouldn't know what it is. If you're breeding yourself, you will always know what the result is. If your friends want to be given a poke without having to deal with the nickname being locked, they will still know. The only way it is unknown is if you get an egg from a random source. I personally think you're a fool to even want to do such a thing.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.