[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
post yfw gamefreak decides to retcon raichu into being mega pikachu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: Volkner_Raichu.png (690 KB, 1274x1344) Image search: [Google]
Volkner_Raichu.png
690 KB, 1274x1344
post yfw gamefreak decides to retcon raichu into being mega pikachu
>>
>>25629871
Dumb idea.
Pokémon retcons is unnecessary.
>>
>>25629871
give one example of something even close to this happening in the past. Outside of an extra claw/finger, color change, Typing, gambling and sprite edits, Pokémon doesn't do retcons
>>
File: 36.png (52 KB, 200x154) Image search: [Google]
36.png
52 KB, 200x154
>>25629871
>>
>>25629973
>gamefreak doesnt do retcons
>ignore all these retcons

i wish they would be more ballsy and retcon the Nidorans into one pokemon
>>
>>25630096
Nidoran, Nidorino, Nido... Nidoki? Nidoqui? Nidokien?
>>
>>25630119
He means the genders of the first stage (Nidoran), which they won't because that would require the entire Pokedex number to change unless they put a replacement in to clog up the spot

If they were gonna do that, all the new evolutions and babies should be retconned to be with their families. But such ideas give Game Freak a stroke
>>
>>25629944
That's not true. There are retcons that are necessary it's just GF either doesn't do them or does them on such a minor scale it doesn't affect much.

>more Pokémon need their evolutionary methods simplified, so far only Milotic has done this.
>more Pokémon need stat total changes, so far only a few Pokémon have randomly been touched and only by 10 points which barely makes a difference

Some Pokémon wouldn't ever need Megas if they were just adjusted stat-wise a bit to be more effective.
>>
>>25629871
I wouldn't even care at this point, considering Gamfreak acts like Raichu doesn't exist.

Actually, they really should give Raichu a mega evolution, to make up for the light ball only working on Pikachu.
>>
I don't have a face because it won't happen.

le gamefreak hates raichu meme is retarded.
>>
>>25630294
This to be honest.

Not like they didn't give him a small stat buff in Gen 6.
>>
>yfw Mega Pikachu happens
>it gets it by holding an Eviolight Ball
>keeps all those bonus stats while mega
>>
>>25629973
Pokemon changing type to Fairy.
A few Pokemon changing body style, or hidden ability.
Prism Scale to evolve Feebas.
Piloswine and Lickitung could learn Ancient Power and Rollout in Gen 3, but now as of Gen 4 they evolve when knowing those moves.
>>
>>25630805
>Literally retconning a 20 year old pokemon, and the evolution of the franchises mascot.
>Tweaking game mechanics
>Same Thing
>>
File: 1364576710167.gif (972 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1364576710167.gif
972 KB, 500x375
>>25629871
>post yfw gamefreak decides to give pikachu and raichu a mega in sun and moon
>they both have the same spa and attack but its boosted a bit
>raichu is more bulky but still fast, gets thick fat
>pikachu is a fucking speed demon, gets speed boost
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.