[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come PMD has much better looking dungeons than the main series
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: SPMDAncient_Barrow.jpg (33 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
SPMDAncient_Barrow.jpg
33 KB, 400x240
How come PMD has much better looking dungeons than the main series
>>
In general Game Freak's 3D work is kind of stiff and mechanical. I feel like they put too much effort into insignificant details and not enough into form and aesthetics, so the games look worse as a result. And 3D mode is often disabled, at that. On the hardware that handled RE: Revelations no less.
>>
Because is mistery dungeons
>>
I feel like they are eventually going to look like that. The cities got a major overhaul in the last few sets of games so caves will too.
>>
>>25629828
Because Game Freak can't into anything besides marketing.
>>
>>25629828
Are you serious? That looks like dogshit compared to XY's caves.
>>
>>25629828
PMD uses more vivid colours why XY uses a more washed-out colour palette (I assume they were trying to mimic Sugimori's original watercolour artstyle).

Although I'd say that everything else about the main series games looks better than PMD.
>>
>>25629828
Looks a lot worse than Glittering Cave and Reflection Cave
>>
>>25629828
They both look like shit. PMD at least has the excuse that characters have to move on a grid.
>>
That looks like ass anon.
>>
>second pokemon you recruit is a lvl 50 Salamence
what the actual fuck?
>>
>>25629828

That cave would have looked like shit on the Nintendo 64 twenty years ago.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.