[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of these Gen 5 Pokemon Day 12-Gigalith line
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: tumblr_m35tt4t7zL1qlpahho1_1280.jpg (112 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m35tt4t7zL1qlpahho1_1280.jpg
112 KB, 600x300
Yesterday we talked about the electric zebras Blitzle and Zebstrika. Today it's the 3-staged mineral line Gigalith.
My thoughts: So I believe it's here that we start getting into the controversial observation of Gen 5 mons being similar to Gen 1. Me personally, I've never been bothered by this. I still look at the Pokemon through its own merits, and it was intentional by GF. Whether that's bad or good is up to, no right or wrong.
And admittedly, I thought some Gen 5 Pokemon were better than its counterparts, and Gigalith is one of them. I like how it looks more like a rock monster than Golem I guess. Unfortunately I haven't used a Gigalith either(trade evolutions suck), but I like its design so that's good enough for me.
Also who still finds it wierd/funny that Roggenrola's "face" is actually an ear?
>>
>>25625585
Used it on my first run of White, I like Roggenrola and Gigalith, I think Boldore is really fucking awkward looking.

I play doubles, I use TR and I really like using this guy even if he aint the best.
>>
File: boldore.gif (289 KB, 81x67) Image search: [Google]
boldore.gif
289 KB, 81x67
Boldore is a honestly a really fucking funny Pokemon to me

Its name seems intentionally awkward, it stands on three legs like a weirdo and Sturdy can be annoying but it just seems like a great troll Pokemon for caves, much more than Graveler was. Graveler is much more of an annoyance

I think Gigalith has one of the more unique designs out of the Rock monsters. I'd say Rock-type, but there are plenty of Rock Pokemon that hardly look like... Rocks
>>
Gigalith was cool until I saw it in 3D. The mouth is unnerving.
>>
Roggenrola is cute. One of the cutest Rock type lines in general.
>>
File: hello.png (23 KB, 664x568) Image search: [Google]
hello.png
23 KB, 664x568
Roggenrola is literally an walking asshole
>>
>>25625585
>Roggenrola
The only thing I like about it is its name.

>Boldore
Don't like the design, and it's obnoxious because of sturdy wasting time in singleplayer.

>Gigalith
Pretty cool design, considering how much I didn't like its previous stages. Never used one, but I like it.
>>
It should have had big Sp. Atk for power Gem.
>>
Gigalith has one of the best shinies in the game.
>>
Swap attack<>sp attack

Now it's unique
>>
>>25625719
In its 2D sprite I thought the neck was the mouth
>>
>>25625585
All 3 are my favorite Rock types. They look like how I'd imagine silicon-based lifeforms would actually look, not just "rock + human face" or "rock + turtle" like their counterparts.
>>25625777
Agreed. It should've been Special oriented since it's all crystalline and energy-based according to the Dex entries.
>>
File: 1456774204501.gif (138 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1456774204501.gif
138 KB, 640x480
lurking in thread waiting for rockman
>>
>>25625585
>it's here that we start getting into the controversial observation of Gen 5 mons being similar to Gen 1. Me personally, I've never been bothered by this.

Agreed. Gen V absolutely has a lot of Gen I "counterparts," that's not even a question. And I don't mind that at all. I don't think it suggests any lack of creativity, any nostalgia pandering, or anything like that. It's just a cool parallel with the first set of games, and there's nothing wrong with that.
>>
Gigalith is a cool guy.
>>
>>25626614
4U
>>
>>25626614

Make it a bulky special attacker and I'd be sold!
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.