[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Man Makes Up For Never Collecting A Charizard Pokémon C
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7
File: image.gif (2 MB, 800x452) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 800x452
>Man Makes Up For Never Collecting A Charizard Pokémon Card As A Kid

Excellent article, check it out everyone.

http://kotaku.com/man-makes-up-for-never-collecting-a-shiny-charizard-pok-1765503322
>>
>>25624030
why does everyone like charizard so much?
As a kid I never did, and i still cannot get the hype. Those cards are shit, totally useless... why do do people pay so much for tem?
>>
>>25624030
Jesus fucking christ that writer is so cringeworthy.

I scrolled up to look at the name and saw it was a woman.
Like fuck. That whole ending was disgusting.
>>
File: sad shadow.png (45 KB, 142x173) Image search: [Google]
sad shadow.png
45 KB, 142x173
>linking to kotaku
>>
>>25624033
>why do people like things I don't
Some people just like Charizard for its iconic design or whatever. It's a simple, straightforward fire-breathing dragon(ish) monster. I don't get why people around here have such a hard time understanding its appeal. It's like questioning why Pikachu is still the franchise mascot. Even if you hate the design it's not that hard to understand why others would like it.
>>
>>25624030
Isn't that JME? He's in a few football and gaming videos with KSI and friends
>>
>>25624090
Its not that people like things I don't. I absolutely hate goodra, don't care about people like it.
My issue is the fact that people over glorify charizard. The pokemon company forces it into as many things as possbile, the Charizard card from the base set sells for so fucking much, while it isn't special. It even got two fucking mega evolutions; I can see how Mewtwo got two, but why Charizard?
Why do people overvalue THAT pokemon?
>>
>>25624030
Fuck off Kotaku shill
>>
>>25624101
Because positive feedback loop, which I'm sure you already figured out. It was always popular (Even without the anime it was already popular), so they gave it more exposure and thus it became more popular.

Fictional franchises putting more focus on popular characters is not some kind of new thing. Pokemon's not some great artistic work where the integrity of the piece has been damaged because they sold out. It was about making money from the moment it was conceived.
>>
>>25624130
[Sigh] I guess. I just hate how there being so many pokemon they have to shove that one into everything.
In a way, Lucario makes sense, it was relevant in gen4, I just get bothered about how Charizard is the impersonation of the "Remeber the 90s?!" attitude, IMO
>>
>>25624148
Because every kid that wasn't a faggot picked Charizard

And Ash had a Charizard

Charizard definitely deserves its spot as a mascot of the series over Lucario which is furfag bait
>>
>>25624033
because most people got in on the series and cards around the same time. Everyone had to close to every card but Charizard was hard as fuck to obtain, because it was the rarest in the series. "those cards are shit totally useless" you know a 1st gen grade charizard card is worth a few thousand dollars right?
>>
>>25624030
>Excellent article
I checked it out. It was a fucking awful article.

It's not even an article, just another "chek this out lolz" link wrapped up in 200 words. You could have just linked straight to the source and we'd all be a little less dumbed down for it.

The internet and clickbait has ruined reporting as an art.
>>
File: LIBERALS DOT PEE EN JEE.png (490 KB, 473x476) Image search: [Google]
LIBERALS DOT PEE EN JEE.png
490 KB, 473x476
>>25624030
>stupid nigger does ghetto shit spending his welfare money on cards
society is doomed
>>
>>25624245
>a 1st gen grade charizard card is worth a few thousand dollars right?
It is because people are willing to pay for it. Cards with same rarity don't go for nearly as much
>>
File: Screenshot_2014-06-19-10-23-39.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2014-06-19-10-23-39.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>25624097
>ksi
>>
>>25624033
Because normies saw that it was worth money now and remembered they had it when they were kids and liking Pokemon was acceptable.
>>
>>25624030
Excellent article? Seriously?

It's barely two paragraphs long, and all it boils down to is "poorfag kid who can't get his hands on a holo Charizard card grows up, gets money and buys lots of them". Really, "amazing" read.

I know he didn't really buy them but instead had his fans send him theirs in exchange for his cd or whatever... I don't know if that's better or worse actually.
>>
>>25624030
senpai thats jme bruv
>>
Thanks for the article. It was pretty funny! The author seems to really know and love Pokemon and I look forward to more work from her.
>>
File: 1458017140164.jpg (53 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
1458017140164.jpg
53 KB, 604x604
>>25624030

>That annoying cringeworthy writing style and zero journalist ability

And of course it's a woman. It's that Hernandez woman. OP, you devious rascal. Linking an article written by Patricia Hernandez and saying it's good. You got me.
>>
>>25624678
>Patricia Hernandez
>woman

Pick one
>>
File: 500px-Wil_Wheaton.jpg (41 KB, 500x523) Image search: [Google]
500px-Wil_Wheaton.jpg
41 KB, 500x523
http://www.deepfreeze.it/journo.php?j=patricia_hernandez
>>
Who the fuck still calls holographic cards, shiny?
>>
>>25624836

I don't remember anyone calling them shinnies. We always called them holos. I guess regional differences.
>>
File: CharizardBaseSet4.jpg (96 KB, 350x495) Image search: [Google]
CharizardBaseSet4.jpg
96 KB, 350x495
>>25624245

>120hp
>100atk
Charizard is still playable even by today's standards.
>>
>>25624814
What the fuck is this.
>>
>>25624919
It's absolute garbage, though. It has always been so.
>>
>>25624030

Who the fuck DIDN'T have a Charizard?
>>
>>25625529

You
>>
>>25624245
http://www.trollandtoad.com/p907921.html
If this is what you think "thousands of dollars" is, can I buy a couple of Black Lotuses off you?
>>
Did anyone find it kinda funny how Charizard's only attack was Fire Spin and it did 100 damage. fucking fire spin
>>
Only after you buy this Tylar the Great Warrior
>>
>>25625550

>Ninetails got Fire Blast
But what can you do, it was the 90's
>>
>>25624245
>thousands of dollars
confused black man.jpg
>>
>>25624030
>Shitaku
>excellent
WEW
E
W
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.