[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so, how's pokken?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44
File: 119884b.jpg (31 KB, 190x272) Image search: [Google]
119884b.jpg
31 KB, 190x272
so, how's pokken?
>>
Bretty good if you're not butthurt about the roster
>>
>>25623967
do amiibos do shit?
>>
It's better than Street Fighter V
>>
Well, I haven't played it, so I don't know, but I think he roster looks fine, because it has a nice variation of heavy, quick and medium character. Some of the chars are a bit dumb and unnecessary though, like Pikachu AND Libre Pikachu.
>>
It's better than SFV.

The the roster is complete shit though, HURRR CHARIZARD, PIKACHU, LUCARIO AGAIN
>>
>>25624036
You can use up to any five daily and unlock trainer customization stuff or pokegold.
>>
The roster is a complete joke.
>>
>>25624054
any 5, or just the pokemon ones?

>>25624053
>HURRR CHARIZARD
I am fine with Lucario and Pikachu. Pikachu being the mascot, and Lucario kinda being the "safe choice," but why fucking charizard?
>>
>>25624062
Any five, there's no difference.
>>
>>25624074
its something...
I honestly wish that they worked like the Banapasport in the arcade:
Store your progress into that amiibo so you can take your levelled character to any system
>>
>>25624054
Are there unique unlocks or are they all just randomly selected from what the game offers?

>>25624078
Would've been neat if the included Shadow Mewtwo card did that.
>>
>>25624053

>Why do they put in their most popular, recognizable and profitable characters?! I do not understand it!
>>
It's a shame everyone's obsessed over the roster and how their favorite pokemon isn't in it, when the roster is pretty balanced give or take some outliers (Gengar) and there are no (gameplay-wise) clones
>>
Live in Aus, so not sure. We'll see tomorrow.
>>
File: 1456440523225.jpg (40 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1456440523225.jpg
40 KB, 640x480
>>25623967
>1-player
>>
>>25624118
Ummm because it's the same goddamn fucking roster and every goddamn fucking Pokémon spin off or gain the features fighting Pokémon I'm so sick of that shit
>>
>>25624128
Honestly, the roster leaves me disappointed. They put two starters from the same generation: Infernape could have had been a replacement for Blaziken.
PikaCena makes sense, but Shadow Mewtwo? Really? And only one Gen 5 pokemon.
I just feel like the people who made the roster where people who didn't really know Pokemon as a whole
>>
>>25624150
you can play 2 player if one person doesn't mind being on the gamepad.
>>
>>25624128

im sure if the game does well the sequel will have an expanded set with deeper mechanics

my favorites are pinsir and octillery so i'd be personally surprised if they ever made it into any game like this outside mainline
>>
>>25624167
or, consider this: they used the most marketable pokémon from the anime and games.
>>
>>25624167
What boss character would you pick?
>>
>>25624167
Or maybe they just weren't concerned with gen balance. Hardly anything offical makes sure there's equal mons from all the gens, its kinda an artificial thing fans do.
>>
>>25624170
>pinsir and octillery
Pinsir would be really cool, DESU.

Octillery would feel weird IMO, but would be cool as an assist
>>
>>25624167
But Blaziken is popular unlike that retarded monkey (and gen 4 in general)

Shadow Mewtwo is obviously a Tekken thing

I feel like the people complaining about the roster don't know how fighting games work
>>
>>25624167
>Two starters from the same generation
Uh, okay? Sceptile and Blaziken are cool. They don't care about some imaginary generation quota you made up. Does Infernape being in Blazikens place really affect you?

>And only one Gen 5 pokemon
At least they picked a really good gen 5 pokemon

Like honestly all the pokemon options besides Shadow Mewtwo and the Charizard pandering are genuinely good and were very popular at some point in the past
>>
>>25624173
Oh sorry I forgot shadow mewtwo and Lucha pika were huge after gen 6. And you know of course braixen has also been incredibly popular for several years now
>>
>>25624179
You realise that Gen 4 was the best selling one?

Doesn't mean you have to take one of the few spots in the game with a DeviantArt "OC please do not steal" character.

Nah, just because we have Ryu, Evil Ryu, Akuma, Oni, and the edge lords from Tekken, doesn't mean you NEED to have it in every fighting game
>>
>>25624186
>The most popular furbait mon from the anime isn0t the most popular furbait mon from the anime

you're joking, right?
>>
>>25624186
Braixen being fairly popular in the anime.
Mewtwo being fucking Mewtwo.
And Pikachu being fucking Pikachu.
>>
File: karen_command.jpg (188 KB, 707x1000) Image search: [Google]
karen_command.jpg
188 KB, 707x1000
>>25624168
And 30fps.
>>
>>25624053
Nobody cares about your favorite shitmons.
>>
>>25624192
>You realise that Gen 4 was the best selling one?
It barely outsold RSE on a vastly more popular handheld. It also didn't become the best seller and next to no one remembers it.
Sales aren't everything.
>>
>>25624185
Pokken when first announced was "supposed" to be a celebration of Pokemon as a whole. I believe that they shouldn't just downplay one over the other one like they did. And Infernape could have had the same moves as Blaziken, but help bring another generation into the spotlight, not the one that juts got a remake.

It is my favourite Gen 5 Poke, DESU, but I think that they just shoved it in there.

I agree with SM2 and Charizard. SM2 should have had been just an alternate skin and special, and no charizard.
>>
>>25624204
what's wrong with that? its not like the game isn't playable at 30fps
>>
>>25624211
>Pokken when first announced was "supposed" to be a celebration of Pokemon as a whole.
When Pokken was first "announced" it was nothing but a concept of future games attached to X and Y.

It wasn't meant to be a celebration at all.
>>
>>25624209
>next to no one remembers it.
So how can people not remember the game that most owned?
Many people skipped on Gen5, and current teens started with Gen4
>>
Why aren't QUALITY pokemon like Shuckle and Farfetch'd in this game? Gamefreak makes another blunder ignoring what the true fans want.

How brutal would Conkledurr have been though?
>>
File: 1453241487826.png (1 MB, 1500x1300) Image search: [Google]
1453241487826.png
1 MB, 1500x1300
>>25624192
They could have done Deoxys if they wanted edgy evil boss character. He already got that role in the Special manga for the FrLg arc, and I can see his form changing gimmick working a lot better as a "boss" moveset than Shadow Mewtwo's uninspired shit.
>>
>>25624222
>So how can people not remember the game that most owned?
Most owned =! Remembered
It just so happened to be on the system flooded with better games.
>Many people skipped on Gen5, and current teens started with Gen4
Gen 5 actually sold on par with gen 3.
>>
>>25624211

look retard, from a marketing standpoint it was a safe bet to pick the mons they did for the roster

i'd rather them do that and sell enough copies to make a sequel than flop it because you wanted some shitmon like ledian in there

assholes act like the first street fighter didn't have like 8 or 10 characters
>>
>>25624228
>Farfetch'd
He is an assist
>>
>>25624217
The event was the celebration, and they said they were trying to come up with new projects in the franchise with that goal
>>
>>25624215
You need reaction time for fighting games. Cutting the frames in half messes up with timing of combos and dodges. This isn't Mario Kart.
>>
>>25624235
>i'd rather them do that and sell enough copies
Speaking of selling well, the game was sold out in my part of the UK. Nothing sells out here so either it's doing really well or only two copies were sent to my GAME.
>>
>>25624242
Really?
I don't play fighting games that much, so I'm not aware of these things, but, did you test it yourself? Are there any evidences online that proves any issues with the 2 player? I bought a Wii U just to play this game with my cousin and my boyfriend, so reading this makes me regret buying a new overpriced home-console.
>>
>>25624116
No unique ones, all of them are random unlocks that can be unlocked naturally by playing the game.
>>
>>25624276
The only people who care about the 30FPS thing are fedoras who think every game ever has to run at a smooth 60 or the idiots who think video games are a "sport".

If you'll just be playing for fun, you more than likely won't even notice the difference while playing.
>>
What controllers can be used?
>>
>14 playable pokemon

I was banking on there being secret characters. Not buying this game, maybe I'll get it months from now depending on who is announced as DLC.
>>
>>25624345
Game pad, Pro Controller, Classic Controller and that HORI pad they made for the game
>>
File: yfw the bomb doesnt go off.jpg (26 KB, 275x280) Image search: [Google]
yfw the bomb doesnt go off.jpg
26 KB, 275x280
>>25624168
>>25624204
How the fuck can you play a fighting game with each player under different FPS?

Fuck Pokken. I was legitimately excited too. Me and my brother have grown apart recently, so I was excited for this game because he thought it was cool too, now we had something to play together

OH WAIT
>>
>>25624339
I can somewhat agree on that when talking about Autists who rage if their Assassins Creed doesn't run at 60fps, but in fighting games a frame drop can be the difference between a win or a lost.
If you and your friends actually learn how to play fighting games, this is very frustrating.
If you button mash, who gives a shit, right?
>>
>>25624345
Pad
Pro
Hori
Remote and chuck
Classic controller
>>
>>25624355
>under different FPS
no dumb ass, the game as a whole drops to 30. For both of you
>>
>>25624355
You fucking idiot BOTH drop to 30.
Take it from a mudslime poster to be a retard
>>
>>25624353
>>25624357
cool, thanks
>>
>>25624128

Actually I would like it if clones were in this game. That's the only possible way to make way more pokemon playable.
>>
>>25624356
Thing is, if you're at the level to care then you probably have your own system to play on.
>>
>>25624359
>>25624361
Oh, well that's not SO bad. Except if you're ever not playing with someone, it's gonna feel completely different playing alone.
>>
>>25624211

Blaziken and Infernape having the same moveset would be ridiculous and insulting to Infernape. And I hate Infernape.
>>
>>25624370
what happens when you have friends over?
I honestly hate having to carry another TV to a friend's house

>>25624371
I assume you get used to it if you play it often, like you and your brother
>>
>>25624377
They are both agile fire fighting. Same thing.

You realise that Infernape is the only one with a solid reason to be firefighter, right?
>>
>>25624378
>I honestly hate having to carry another TV to a friend's house
Is there an excuse for someone not having a TV in at least two rooms in this day and age?
>>
>>25624383
>You realise that Infernape is the only one with a solid reason to be firefighter, right?
Explain the fire.
And don't say SUN Wukong because that's like saying blaziken has a solid reason because spicy chicken is a common dish.
>>
>>25624397
Dude, I am not going to carry my fucking 40 inch to the god damn living room, nor unscrew the living room tv from the wall.
>>
>>25624383

I realize that Infernape is a shittier, uglier pokemon who just needed to be Fire/Fighting even though we just had one the gen before that. Emboar is guilty of this as well but at least he has a wildly different stat spread and wouldn't be used to accomplish the same thing.

And no, being the same type and both of them being fast doesn't mean they would have the same fighting style. Why would Infernape fight almost exclusively with powerful flaming kicks and jumps like Blaziken does? Infernape would fight completely differently than that. Infernape would be a lot trickier and actually throw punches.

Some pokemon could work as clones or skins for one another, some cant. In the case of Blaziken and Infernape, it does not work. Mostly because Blaziken is a pokemon with a very particular and specific fighting style, that its always had.
>>
>>25624383

Blaziken could share most of a moveset with Hitmonlee sure, but if you think Blaziken and Infernape could share a moveset then you are just fucking stupid.

And before anyone says anything yes obviously you would take out the fire particle effects if Hitmonlee were a clone and just leave the kicking. Maybe in the Field Phase give Hitmonlee some stretchy leg kicks and Vacuum Wave and shit but otherwise they could share most animations.
>>
File: Hanuman.jpg (26 KB, 250x320) Image search: [Google]
Hanuman.jpg
26 KB, 250x320
>>25624404
Hanuman: Monkey God who after being capture, fights his way out and his tail catches in fire, but doesn't feel the burn. Runs around and fucking burns a city by himself.
Pic Related
>>
>>25624204
>>25624242
>>25624356

Then why would they make the 2 Player mode if its so shitty? Or are you fags just autistic over minor, nearly unnoticed issues like the frame drop? You make it sound like the game is ain't playable unless you have 2 TVs and 2 Wii Us and 2 Games
>>
>>25624444
It's a drop from 60 to 30.
That said it has to drop because it has to render the game twice.
>>
>>25624053
Yet strangely enough, no Greninja.
>>
>>25624444
This was in another thread, summary is:
If you were to have both characters in the same screen the whole time, the 3D scenes would be terrible, have the same issue the Naruto games have: whoever is away from the front of the screen cannot see his rang, and is a disadvantage.
Going from 60 to 30fps in a fighting game means that your window to combo shorts in half: if you have 10 frames for a hit, it drops to 5. So if you get good playing online, or solo, you can really easily miss basic things you usually do JUST because the way the game works
>>
>>25624433

That has little to nothing to do with the conversation at hand.

1. Mythical flaming bird creatures exist to, just look at Bulbapedia if you want examples of those. One is even specifically a flame chicken.

2. Even if none existed that arguably makes Blaziken a more original Pokemon idea since the concept wasn't just ripped from somewhere else, tons of other games have a sun wukong ripoff in them.

3. It still doesn't make Blaziken and Infernape share a fighting style.
>>
>>25624471
That fucking monkey is infernape.
Blaziken does not ressemble them
You can make them share movesets, the same way ganon and falcon did in Smash (since only would be there, the power and speed thing wouldn't be a thing)

Also, gonna go get the game
>>
File: 1456290599625.png (92 KB, 295x229) Image search: [Google]
1456290599625.png
92 KB, 295x229
>>25624469
why the fuck did i buy this fucking game
>>
File: 1457303391893.png (1 MB, 878x876) Image search: [Google]
1457303391893.png
1 MB, 878x876
>>25624469
>tfw i thought this game works like that digimon rumble game on ps3
>>
Does it have any sort of singleplayer? I'm not expecting some 30 hour pokemon adventure but small story mode would be cool to mess with before heading online.
>>
There's a demo on the eshop, if you have a Wii U.
>>
>>25624469
>Going from 60 to 30fps in a fighting game means that your window to combo shorts in half: if you have 10 frames for a hit, it drops to 5.
Probably one of the most retarded things I've read today
>>
>>25624489
Of course it does, hire do you think you unlock the other characters?
>>
>>25624469
>>25624457
>>25624444

This basically doesn't matter unless you're going to be hosting competitive Pokken tournaments in your living room guys. Its 60 fps online, any friend you have that's willing to play with you at a competitive level should have their own copy of the game unless you are trying to git gud with a brother or room mate. Any local tournaments you go to for Pokken are going to have their own setups already. If this doesn't matter online, and it doesn't matter at tournaments, I can rarely think of a time when this would hinder you. Unless you are in high school with tons of friends that live near you and have the time to go to your house every other day to play videogames for a sizable amount of time, but even then if they had a Wii U you could still play with them at 60 FPS without asking your moms to give you a ride between each other's places.

>>25624478

And people have been pissed about the Ganon/Falcon thing for over a decade and still are. As someone else said, if you want a Blaziken clone then do Hitmonlee. Pretty much nobody else would make sense. Have fun with the game, I'm not getting it unless they improve the roster with DLC personally.
>>
>>25624471
I'm not sure exactly what's going on, but if the argument is that Infernape can be Blaziken skin, it's very wrong.
Fighting styles can differ entirely by stances.
Blaziken takes a tall, strong, rooted stance and attacks with precise and powerful strikes - primarily through kicks.

Infernape has a low and very light stance that looks like it would make use of all his limbs in a very jumpy manner.
Based off of Infernape's Pokedex entries:
"It uses a special kind of martial arts involving all its limbs. "
"It tosses its enemies around with agility. It uses all its limbs to fight in its own unique style."
" It uses unique fighting moves with fire on its hands and feet. It will take on any opponent."

So from this, I picture Infernape as doing cartwheels, flinging itself in the air repeatedly, bouncing backwards and catching itself on its hands, etc.
>>
File: Not sure if retarded.jpg (76 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Not sure if retarded.jpg
76 KB, 400x300
>>25624501
Let me guess, you play Captain Falcon in smash because falcaw panches are too stronk, right?
If you ever played a fighting game and didn't button mash you'd wouldn't be this much of a faggot
>>
>>25624515
>you go from having a sixth of a second to having a sixth of a second
?
Lowering the fps doesn't make the game run faster or some shit, you have the same amount of time, faggot
>>
>>25624510

Yes, that's a more articulate way of arguing my point. Thanks anon. Pretty sure the other guy already ended up seeing reason before he left though. At least I hope.
>>
>>25624507
>unless you're going to be hosting competitive Pokken tournaments

What if me and my friends just enjoy fighting games?
>>
>>25623967
Game is maybe the best fighting game Ive played in the last 2 to 3 years or so I dont remember

Also Braxien is the best and the roster is fine who cares
>>
>>25624515
>turn on sf5 on my shit computer
>game runes at 20 fps
>my moves now come out in 1/3 of the time so I automatically win every trade
>>
>>25624532
>>25624532
gg no re desu
>>
>>25624532
5 bucks say you don't play online, or with another human being
>>
>>25624207

nice meme faggot.
>>
>>25624530

If you're playing casually with your buddies then why would anyone care about 30 fps?

If you're playing competitively with your friends and really trying to master the game, why don't they have their own systems to play online with you at 60 fps?

If you're trying to play competitively and master the game and your friends are trying to play casually for fun and don't own the game, then you're either going to have to tone it down and play casually with them anyways or you're being a huge fucking faggot.

Like I said the only thing keeping you exempt from this is if you are trying to git gud with a brother or room mate who actually lives with you. In that scenario where you both want to master the game but it would be stupid for you guys to have two Wii U's in the same house, then yes I admit it sucks for you.
>>
>>25624538
Unless the game requires frame perfect inputs and has no input buffer then framerate doesn't matter at all. While pokken has input buffering and doesn't have 1 frame links.
>>
>>25624548
what if they try to master the game too AND like to hang out in person?
>>
30 FRAMES/SECOND DOESN'T MATTER YOU SHITLORDS
>>
>>25624306
Can you use the same amiibo more than once?
>>
>>25624561

Then don't hang out in person to play Pokken dingus. If anything that should be easier for you in 2016, what does your bro just live down the street?

Me and my best friend live a 7 minute car drive away from each other and we basically don't have to hang out to play videogames anymore, its great. You think one of us drives to the others house and brings our PC every time we want to play something together?

Is your friend a poorfag unwilling to buy a Wii U?
>>
>>25624573
What are college dorms?
My best friends live two doors down.

Sometimes, another friend comes and spend the night at my dorm (i live alone), and me and he are the most excited about Pokken.
Also, practicing together makes you better, faster
>>
>>25624564
You can use the same five every day. You can't use the same amiibo multiple times a day, you need to use five different ones.
>>
>>25624583
does the mewtwo card count as one?
>>
>>25624582

Then in that specific case, yeah, it sucks for you. At least you have a Wii U in your dorm. I'm moving in exactly one month for University and I pretty much have to leave every gaming console at home unless I specifically paid for it myself. Which means no Wii U for me unless I buy another one.
>>
>>25624601
>have to leave every gaming console
that sucks man, why?
I understand how you feel. While living in Japan I could only bring my 3ds, and well, could not buy any physical games
>>
>>25624469
Then don't miss the five frames loser, you're seriously doing this
>>
>>25624589
Haven't used it yet so I'm not sure. Don't think so because it always does the same thing, unlock Shadow Mewtwo until you turn off the game.
>>
>>25624610

A combination of things.

1. My mom bought the Wii U.
2. My brother who is staying here uses the Wii U.
3. Aside from just money, my mom wouldn't want me to bring it anyways. She's worried I'll let it get stolen and she's also worried that having a gaming console in my room will get in the way of my studies. I'm not really in a position to argue.

For my thousand dollar gaming PC I understand completely, I don't care because I bought my own laptop anyways. I am thinking about buying another Wii U for University, but I'm on the fence about it. I bought all the Wii U games I care about so I could take them with me, and with the gamepad I don't even need a TV. And I will really want to play Starfox Zero when it comes out.

Or I could take that 300 dollars and spend it on literally anything else, I'll no doubt want 300 dollars at some point in New York. I'll be able to bring my 3DS and laptop but that's it.
>>
>>25624408
>both of them being fast
Check the stats, nignog. Before Blaziken got Speed Boost, it was a slow bird.
>>
>>25624640
>She's worried I'll let it get stolen
Freshmen year, my neighbours were moving in, were done and started playing their 360. Their third roommate arrives.
Next morning, he leaves a note saying he is retrieving, asshole took the the 360. We never heard of him again.

My shit never got stolen. Also, my roommate has clinical depression, so he never leaves...

Well, it depends on how much you want to play those games, DESU.
>>
>>25624649

And now it has speed boost, so who cares?
>>
>>25624649
>>25624658
>thinking that Pokken actually follows the main game mechanics to that degree.
>>
>>25624657

I'll probably just leave Wii U behind. I've got smash bros on my 3DS already, and I'm not even going to buy Pokken unless they improve the roster with future DLC. The only thing I'll miss out on is starfox.

Funny how Pokken's roster will determine how I spend nearly 400 dollars. Just add Ursaring Nintendo. You know you want to.
>>
Does this game have actual inputs or is it like Smash? Also can you use the Gamepad?
>>
>>25624657
>DESU.
I don't know why my computer keeps writting DESU...
>>
>>25624664

I don't, nor did I ever say it did, nor did I even imply it.
>>
File: 1457985342370.gif (2 MB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
1457985342370.gif
2 MB, 400x240
>>25624657
>DESU
It does it with caps too?
>>
>>25624668
I also want ursaring.
I think the game will end in around 20 characters, DESU

>>25624670
Yes and yes
>>
>>25624677
>It does it with caps too?
It does... it really bothers me...
My google is in Japanese, but that is because I have not changed the settings since I moved to the US...
But why does it just randomly put DESU? it did it on an essay I wrote today as well
>>
>>25624692
Desu replaces "desu" because people were using it to shitpost with too much.
>>
>>25624710
so the board changes it into caps?
but why is my computer inputing it anyway?
>>
>>25624712

No idea family
>>
>>25624589
Yes, the Mewtwo card counts. You hace to use it twice tho : One time to unlock Mewtwo, and one time to get your gift
>>
>>25624719
thanks, though =]
>>
>>25623967
Not sure because
>no greninja
>no buy
>>
>>25624740
>there are people on /vp/ right now that used the card to unlock shadow mewtwo
>>
File: image.png (88 KB, 320x181) Image search: [Google]
image.png
88 KB, 320x181
>>25624766

What are you going to do about it?
>>
>>25624804
Call you a scrub you nigger.
>>
File: 91gos2+NSyL._SL1500_.jpg (290 KB, 1050x1500) Image search: [Google]
91gos2+NSyL._SL1500_.jpg
290 KB, 1050x1500
>>25623967
>>25623967
Zoning characters will be this games meta. It will be zoning vs. zoning in top tier matches. I'm 200% sure.

Characters like Suicune absolutely destroy melee shits befoer they can even get in.
Mark my words all players in EVOs top 16 will be using zoning characters

Also
>game is called Pokemon Tekken here
>>
>>25624828
Zoning characters are good against people who dont know how to dodge their shit and punish, they are gonna be OP as hell for the first week or so of the games release but probably fall off when whoever is still playing learns how to deal with their shit.
>>
>>25624808

Ebin
>>
>>25624828
I'm sure I have then this post before. You especially mentioned Suicune and EVO Top 16 there, too.
Also get good.
>>
>>25624828
>being German
I'm glad they don't have those disgusting USK ratings on them here.
>>
>>25624828
http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/2-04-2016/Qbinfq.gif
Master this and you'll be fine.
>>
>>25624828
If card is karte then what is cart or kart
>>
If I had made this game, I'd have only included fighting types desu.
>>
>>25624862
Then it would have been a shit tier game.
>>
So how do I activate a different controller? It seems to only let me use the gamepad (single-player)
>>
>>25624469

I could write a paragraph as to why you're fucking retarded, but I'll just leave it at 60 frames a second is not the same timeframe as 30 frames a second
>>
>>25624858
cart = Karren/Wagen/Einkaufswagen
kart = Kart/Go-Kart
>>
>>25624242
>>25624356
>>25624469
Are people baiting or is /vp/ genuinely retarded enough to believe that the framerate that the game renders visuals at is tied to the rate at which it accepts inputs?
>>
Games fun but jesus Sceptile's voice acting is so horrible
>UUHHHGHHHHH
>UAAAAGHHHHHH
>GHUUGHHHH
I think I would prefer ashnimes "repeat their own name" voices at this point
>>
Did they keep the Japanese Pokemon noises or did they change to American dub?
>>
>>25624889
>a second
>a second
>>
>>25624944
These are all basically the anime voices.
>>
>>25624956
Japanese Pokémon noises :)
>>
I love people who complain about the roster. It really makes no sense to me. It's great.
>>
>>25625003
So they say their names over and over?
>>
>Poke amiibo do jack shit

What was the point of adding functionality, if the amiibo of 4 of your six characters don't do anything special?
>>
>>25625026
Yes, but they do it in the japanese way where they generally sound less forced.
>>
File: 1456360396497.jpg (61 KB, 526x591) Image search: [Google]
1456360396497.jpg
61 KB, 526x591
>>25625050
I'm most pissed that TPC is so stingy with amiibo usage that they literally have no special use outside of Smash.
>>
How do you use the Hori controller? Is it only once the game is loaded up?
>>
The Trainer VA's are hilariously bad, but the game itself is fun as fuck
>>
>>25624406
Does your monitor support HDMI?
>>
>>25625077
>Mario Maker costumes have no special sounds like the rest
>the first pokemon costumes to do so weren't even associated with amiibo
>Wooly World only gives you shirts
Where were you when Capcom were doing more with amiibo than TPC?
>>
File: 1902839180.png (124 KB, 314x328) Image search: [Google]
1902839180.png
124 KB, 314x328
>tfw have no idea what character to play
>game has been downloaded for 20 mins now and I haven't touched it while I ponder my character choice.
I can't decide between Libre, Kickin' Chicken, or Shandy/Gardevoir
>>
>>25624215
I feel like when it comes to advanced play it'll fuck people up because all the frame data would be off. You learn all this stuff in the dojo and then try to apply it in l o cal play amd get fucked over
Or something like that
>>
>>25625157
just play around with each of them in exhibition battles against AIs

at least that way you'll start ranking up the ones you want to use
>>
>>25625147
It's odd how the Smash Pokemon didn't get unique sounds but the Gen1 starters did.
>>
Played the demo. Pretty fun but seems mindless for a fighting game.
>>
File: 132314353214234.png (585 KB, 620x402) Image search: [Google]
132314353214234.png
585 KB, 620x402
who /glasscannon/ here?
>>
>>25625202
Yes my nigga.
>>
>>25624045
>>25624053
In what ways is it better specifically? Not doubting, just curious.
>>
>>25625202
I plan to main the fuck out of Weavile. Nice taste, bro.
>>
Am I playing real people or CPUs in the demo? If its real people then damn they suck.
>>
>>25625274
my guess is AIs
>>
Launching for the first time right now.

I assume I can change my "partner" later?
>>
File: 1331356186925.png (200 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1331356186925.png
200 KB, 480x640
>>25625202
Mein brothers. I've always had a plan to main Weavile and it doesn't disappoint. With Braixen as backup, it's a pretty solid duo.
>>
>>25625274
Considering how fast it loads and that you can pause indefinitely, obviously cpus
>>
>>25624211
>Pokken when first announced was "supposed" to be a celebration of Pokemon as a whole
What kind of delusion? Post receipts
>>
>>25624228
Conkeldurr would have been baller. Imagine the matches against Machamp
>>
Can you change your trainer name whenver? or would I need to start completely over?
>>
I don't like the dpad on the wiiu controllers
>>
>>25625327
You can change the name whenever, just not the gender from what I can see

>>25625328
I use the left stick for the controls instead of the dpad
>>
>>25625422
I find dashing/rolling with the stick to be quite.. something though
>>
>>25625327
>>25625422
wait nevermind you can change gender as well
>>
>>25625428
yeah the dash system sucks with the stick.
>>
Can you use alt characters in single player?
>>
>>25625534
Yeah, hold the power button on the controller when starting the match.
>>
>>25624510
Capoeira?
Like that is exactly what I picture.
Infernape would be bro tier.

Start a movement. I need this in my life.
>>
>hundreds of shadowtwo online
The card was a mistake
>>
phew, all tutorials done

sure is a lot to stomach
>>
>>25625629
It won't take long for people to realise you need actual skill to use him properly because of his low HP.
Just find a good counter character and watch your rank skyrocket.
>>
>>25625645
It's not that I'm having trouble it's that it's boring.
>>
File: 1356317036707.gif (94 KB, 325x244) Image search: [Google]
1356317036707.gif
94 KB, 325x244
>the "amiibo card included" thing is actually a part of the box art and not just a sticker
>>
>>25625287
Yes

I did from Sceptile to Blaziken
>>
so what do the different types mean for pokemon?

Gengar is more combo dependant than say pikachu?
Sceptile is all about running around like an autist?
>>
>>25625737
Technical pokemon are combo heavy
Standard are in between
Speed pokemon are for fast short attacks
>>
The stats don't carry over to online right?
>>
>>25625753
what about power
mostly heavy hits?
>>
>>25625779
yeah
>>
>Play as Garchomp
>support bitch keeps telling it "Go Weavile!"
is my chomp a transpokesexual?
>>
>>25625202
You're god damn right I /glasscannon/
>>
going through the action dojo with every pokemon is nice to get a feel for them
>>
Chandelure has some amazing attacks
>>
>>25625825
The woman has a weavile of her own that she uses to cheer you in (helping hand style) to boost you between rounds.
>>
File: WiiU_screenshot_TV_01DF5.jpg (484 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
WiiU_screenshot_TV_01DF5.jpg
484 KB, 1280x720
This Suicune needs to be a reaction image
>>
Just picked this thing up. Fucking love it. The combat will take a lot to be able to master- I'm already noticing plenty of tech-, but its easy to pick up and just dick around with at the same time.

I think what's charming me the most, though, is how attentive the devs are to detail. The Ditto and Gabite in the daycare with the trainer riding his bike in circles with his Volcarona for egg hatching in particular made me smile. You can really tell a lot of care has gone into the references (Mokujin in the Dojo was a nice touch).
The pokemon themselves are seriously pretty spot on, playstyle wise. I havent played them all yet, but I cant really imagine Blaziken playing any differently from a flavor perspective.

There was an interview with the devs, and I think it was Harada himself who said that his favorite was Absol. It amuses me thinking that he might be a hardcore poke-fan.
>>
File: suicunedisgust.jpg (103 KB, 591x281) Image search: [Google]
suicunedisgust.jpg
103 KB, 591x281
>>25626367
Something like this?
>>
File: _11.jpg (5 KB, 200x75) Image search: [Google]
_11.jpg
5 KB, 200x75
>>25626367
Looks like a goddamn smiley.
>>
>>25624211
>>25624185
>>25624062
>>25624053

>Why Charizard?
>One of the most popular Pokemon since the beginning of the franchise

Come on guys. We're not talking about an artificially pushed mon like Lucario (a succesful exemple) or Zoroark (a failed one). Yes he is in everything, but of course he will be.
>>
wait, is there really not wifi?
>>
>>25627168
2 minutes in google would've told you yes
it's a fucking fighting game, of course there is
>>
>>25627209
too lazy, rather get spoonfed here

thanks for enabling me senpai
>>
>>25623967
been online since midnight
been wrecking with shadow mewtwo
haven't turned it off yet
beaten the story mode
beaten every opponent except three
i have one of the longest winning streaks right now
i am the top fighter online
come at me faggots
>>
>>25627230
faggot shadow mewtwo

ur trash
>>
>>25625202
He is pretty easy to dominate with. Quick attack or w/e it is and those ice traps really fuck up bitches in field mode.

Still need to put a lot of work into duel though.
>>
>>25627380
>Still need to put a lot of work into duel though.
I usually fuck shit up by using Fake Out to chain. Granted it's getting less and less effective as time goes on.
>>
>>25626495
fukkensaved
>>
>>25626495
Yeah, cheers m8
>>
I was hyped when it was announced. But it took too long to release and has a tiny roster.
>>
>>25626576
any time someone uses the word "pandering" in a roster discussion it means they're butthurt that the creators were trying to maximize profit rather than trying to appeal to their minority.
>>
im happy with it. i love that they actually gave ghost types some love, especially my boy chandelure. the only thing i'm mildly salty about is that hawlucha was thrown away for pikachu libre, but i can see why pikachu libre would work more, because of the electricity gimmick on top of the wrestler gimmick.

a wish for me would be fighter DLC. i'd be fucking stoked to see any serpentine combatant, like seviper, milotic, serperior, etc. or ampharos.
>>
File: 1250746192758.jpg (19 KB, 704x396) Image search: [Google]
1250746192758.jpg
19 KB, 704x396
>Just got a message saying "lucky tho it don't count!"
It has begun.
>>
The roster is nothing but pandering garbage.

>pikachu
>charizard
>gengar
>mewtwo
>blaziken
>gardevoir
>lucario
>weavile
>braixen

It's only missing Zangoose, Glaceon, Mienshao, Absol and Zoroark to complete the list of cancer.
>>
>>25624944
At least it's better than Nia's.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxxCmLeoWKo
>>
>>25627986
of what you listed only zoroark could be remotely considered pandering

please cry about it
>>
>>25628015
Nah, Zoroark is forcing.
It doesn't really have much of a group to pander to outside of furries.
>>
File: interestingchoices.png (426 KB, 979x663) Image search: [Google]
interestingchoices.png
426 KB, 979x663
The perfect roster is one that have some representatives of each type and

anathomy/body form. Currently in my opinion the roster is incomplete for that reason.

It's possible that I cannot make the perfect roster, but I can suggest potential

species (not including Pokemon that are already in Pokken).

> Normal
Porygon-Z, Diggersby, Raticate, Ditto

> Fighting
Gurdurr or Conkeldurr, Hitmontop

> Grass
Tangrowth, Serperior, Carnivine, Ferrothorn

> Fire
Magmortar, Darmanitan, Arcanine or Ninetales

> Water
Milotic, Omastar, Kingler, Tentacruel

> Ice
Froslass, Dewgong, Delibird

> Rock (this type isn't in Pokken lol)
Tyranitar, Probopass

> Steel
Metagross, Aegislash

> Bug
Escavalier, Heracross, Vespiquen, Butterfree or Beedrill

> Ground
Marowak, Gliscor, Golurk

> Ghost
Dusknoir, Cofagrigus, Drifblim

> Dark
Darkrai, Malamar

> Psychic
Reuniclus, Starmie

> Poison
Garbodor or Muk, Drapion

> Flying
Braviary, Farfetch'd, Dodrio

> Electric
Eelektross, Rotom+forms

> Fairy
Floette, Diancie

> Dragon
Hydreigon, Tyrantrum

Any Pokemon form can fight, and personally I see more funny playing with Pokemon with three hands and without legs than a simple humanoid.
>>
>>25624053
>It's better than SFV.

I disagree on a mechanical level, but pokken is still a lot of fun
>>
>>25628120

>Normal
>Porygon-Z

Someone get this man on the dev team. Though, I feel like Ditto would probably be the better option for randoming a character, similar to how Brawl did it for tournament mode.

Though I wouldn't mind a Scrafty in the roster...
>>
>>25623967
all you even need to know is I'm the #1 top rated player right now online

come and get some faggots, total loss: 5

been playing since midnite

you fucking casuals are garbage, straight garbage
>>
>>25628120
I'd love to see Flygon in, it would make up for the fact that gamefreak has been ignoring it for 2 generations.
>>
Hey, what are some Braixen bnbs? i just realized one of the combos I wanted to use from training is only during synergy.
>>
>>25628199
> similar to how Brawl did it for tournament mode.
No really. I think Ditto would be cooler like Double in Skullgirls. A mix of all fighters in the game.
>>
>>25624192
>le best celling meme
Just confirms that people are stupid.
>>
This voice acting is horrible
Did they grab some office intern to do Nia?
>>
File: sceptileultsonlucario.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
sceptileultsonlucario.gif
1 MB, 320x180
>>25624828
>mfw Sceptile is supposedly really good at Zoning as well.
>>
File: 1438035845808.jpg (45 KB, 360x435) Image search: [Google]
1438035845808.jpg
45 KB, 360x435
WHERE'S MY COPY AMAZON
>>
>>25626407
Harada is a based turbonerd who's still chill enough to hide it
seriously isn't he in charge of that VR waifu sim
>>
File: 1427125533394.gif (424 KB, 267x200) Image search: [Google]
1427125533394.gif
424 KB, 267x200
>Pikachu Libre's Down A is Stone Cold's Stunner

YO
>>
>>25624378
Then just use the gamepad, it only slows down for two players on one system, not just using the gamepad.
>>
Okay /vp/, do I main Suicune or Pika Libre?
>>
>>25628724
Shadow Mewtwo
>>
>>25628724
main the one that is most fun for you
>>
So what the fuck is that bullshit combo training about. NONE of those combos carry the fuck over to actual gameplay what the fuck was the point in including them?
>>
>>25628405

Thank god for dual audio. I may not know nip, but she sounds fucking emotionless in English
>>
>>25628294
Then use supports that help with synergy or hunt for synergy in field phase.

Either way, kinda sucks for you.
>>
I heard you had to use the shadow mewtwo card every day to be able to use him. Is that true?
>>
>>25629079
The amiibo only unlocks him until you turn the game off then you got to use it again. So one card cant just permanently unlock him on a bunch of different systems
>>
>>25629079
you can unlock him and regular M2 through the story
the card is just a shortcut
>>
File: LupF5g1.jpg (8 KB, 174x231) Image search: [Google]
LupF5g1.jpg
8 KB, 174x231
I'm gonna buy it after work tonight, despite being a little disappointed with the roster. Here's to hoping for group dlc releases.
>>
Anybody know where I can find footage of Dragonite being used? I really wanted to see him in action (I know he's support)
>>
I started off strong but ended on a 50% win ratio after 16 games. Garchomp seems good and I think I have some decent strategies nailed down but I still haven't quite figured out how to deal with hyperdefensive players, as well as how to properly defend myself.
>>
File: 1448125835645.png (52 KB, 236x235) Image search: [Google]
1448125835645.png
52 KB, 236x235
>winning after being at 1 health while the opponent is still at 90%

holy shit
>>
>>25624469
>if you have 10 frames for a hit, it drops to 5. So if you get good playing online, or solo, you can really easily miss basic things you usually do JUST because the way the game works

The fuck?
Listen, when you're at 60 fps and you have 10 frames, you have 10/60 = 1/6 of a second to react.
When you're at 30 fps and you have 5 frames, you have 5/30 = 1/6 of a second to react.
It's the same amount of time. If your timing is the same, you'll be fine. Unless you are some sort of superhuman who is manually counting screen redraws instead of just knowing the timing, it doesn't make a lick of difference.

On top of that, the framerate drop almost certainly isn't actually correlated to a difference in how the game takes input from the controller or how the engine itself functions, meaning the only difference is what you see on the screen, which will only ever be "late" by 1/60 of a second if something happens during a frame that would be rendered at 60fps but isn't at 30fps. And again, as long as you know the timing your input will still be accepted just fine.
>>
>>25628120
Snorlax would be a fun Normal representative.
>>
Not gonna be able to buy it for a while, but I've checked out the music and GOD DAMN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1Chj-Nxppk
>>
Guys, can i change my trainers gender and color later? I can't tell if I want to be a brown girl or a pretty girl right now.
>>
I'm on the fence about buying it, I don't think it looks great because of the following
>story mode looks tedious as fuck
I know fighting games are predominantly for multiplayer, but I like to do the single player from time to time, and having to do something like 40 - 80 fights just to get through one "league" does not seem fun in the slightest
>voice acting is absolutely painful
This is just a super minor gripe, especially with the option to switch to Japanese, so I'll let this one slide
>Roster has 18 characters, 2 of which are just the same Pokemon duplicated
I know complaining about the roster is old hat now, but I'm sorry, I find it completely ridiculous that they had to have "Luchador Pikachu" and "Shadow Mewtwo" in when they literally have 734 pokémon they could have picked from, absolutely ludicrous, unique movesets or not.
>Looks like a fighting game you enjoy for about a week before forgetting it even exists
It just doesn't really seem like there's a reason to keep coming back to it, but I guess looks can be deceiving
>Multiplayer matches look unbelievably short
It just seems like it's a Playstation All Stars type thing all over again, hit the player until your special move is charged, use your special move, match won in under 30 seconds
>>
>>25629720
Magikarp Festival is so hype

I really like this game's OST
>>
>>25629762
Yeah.
>>
>>25629762
you can change everything at any time
>>
I know I'm gonna get flack for this but
How did they manage to make the game look so good and run at 60fps on a WiiU?
These programmers need an award
>>
File: tumblr_o49ct0bIFf1qddtwao1_1280.jpg (417 KB, 1010x936) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o49ct0bIFf1qddtwao1_1280.jpg
417 KB, 1010x936
I'm winning spamming DIG
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>25627986
>being this much of a whiny faggot
>>
>>25629837
they made the background characters look garbage in exchange
>>
>>25625237
because Shadow Mewtwo's character reflects perfectly my persona
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.