[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I the only one bothered by Fennekin's ear hair?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: latest_1.png (125 KB, 475x475) Image search: [Google]
latest_1.png
125 KB, 475x475
Am I the only one bothered by Fennekin's ear hair?
>>
It would look incredibly bland without it, but yes, it looks really doofy.

I'm not sure what else they could do without making it look too similar to one of the other fox mons.
>>
It makes me think of it as waxy and gross since it grows inside the ears
>>
>>25622406
The ear hair is the only good part of the design though. Fennics have hairy ears like that to keep sand out of them living in a desert environment, but they cleverly made the hair look like tufts of flame.

A shame apart from that, it and its entire line are absolute dog shit.
>>
>>25622406
Actually, It's Fennekin's ear fire.
>>
it's hair that looks like fire that gets sharp like jolten and then ho
>>
File: 856438753.png (457 KB, 1024x1344) Image search: [Google]
856438753.png
457 KB, 1024x1344
What went wrong
>>
No. The first thing I always think when I see that family is how it must be very difficult for them to hear anything.

That said I don't think they are ugly. But it's extremely distracting, and I still haven't gotten used to it.
>>
File: 00025508.jpg (1 MB, 3637x2272) Image search: [Google]
00025508.jpg
1 MB, 3637x2272
>>
>>25622464
Looks kinda shiny and oily, too.
>>
>>25623664
It's really not a bad design. It's like they didn't want to add too much like the GenV starters, so they tried to keep things simple, so simple that I think she could fit right in with GenI or II. Personally, I feel like there could have been more emphasis on the stick; make it into a staff instead to really drive home the fact that Delphox is indeed a mage, or maybe add some markings around the face; just little extra details would have been nice. All in all, there's really nothing wrong with Delphox. Her design felt more natural than Chesnaught's or Greninja's by far. In their cases, things were added from out of nowhere and came off unnatural.
>>
>>25623720
>she
Am I the only one that thinks Delphox looks very masculine? Like some sort of sorcerer or high priest. While Braixen looks far more feminine.
>>
so pluck it out! frickin wine babies.
>>
>>25622406
Most animals have hair growing in/around their ears to keep dirt and debris out.
>>
I wanna pull on the ear tufts.
>>
>>25622406
I don't think people shit on Fennekin nearly as much as they should. The design is overall bland and the only interesting thing is the ear hair which looks ridiculous.

>>25623745
Personally I think Delphox was originally going to look much more feminine like Braixen, but somewhere in the process they decided the witch's dress/cloak fur covering the legs would be more gender neutral since starters are most likely going to male anyway.

>>25623720
As much as I dislike Delphox, you're definitely right about it looking more cohesive than Chesnaught or Greninja.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.