[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hypothical: A Pokken 2 happens on Nintendo's next home console.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5
File: Pokken Types.png (266 KB, 572x676) Image search: [Google]
Pokken Types.png
266 KB, 572x676
Hypothical: A Pokken 2 happens on Nintendo's next home console.

>How many newcomers would you expect?
>Who would you expect them to be?
>Which of the four fighting styles (Standard, Power, Speed, and Technique) would they fall under?

I'd expect no less than 8 newcomers, and for at least one of them to be a current-gen Pokemon.
>>
>>25619948
Redpill me on nigger Mewtwo
>>
>not having an equal or at least balanced number of Pokémon from each gen
>two mewtwos
>two pikachus
>standard has way more Pokémon in it

Who the fuck was in charge of this roster?
>>
>>25619953

Glass cannon.

Only has 480 HP, the lowest in the game, and his specials hit hard, but using them causes him to take damage, though he can restore his health by using Recover.
>>
>>25619987
>not having an equal or at least balanced number of Pokémon from each gen

This would be impossible simply because some gens have more iconic/noteworthy Pokemon than others.

They care about uniqueness, not which Pokemon is from which gen.
>>
>>25619999
>>
>>25620010
>uniqueness

More like
>we want the furbait community
>>
>>25620026

Only Pokemon you can really make that argument for is Braixen
>>
>>25620044
>Lucario
>Blaziken

to an extent,
>Gardevoir

Don't tell me GF doesn't know. They know what they're doing.
>>
Best standard: Blaziken
Best power: Chandelure
Best speed: Plibre
Best technique: Gardevoir
>>
>>25619948

>Who would you expect them to be?

If Hawlucha isn't included, I riot.
>>
>>25620010
>Uniqueness
>2 Pikachus
>2 Mewtwos

fuck off

Give us more gen 2, 5 and 6 pokemon.

But keep Sceptile though.
>>
>>25619997
cool. how about that mexican pikachu?

also to keep it relevant to the thread, i think it is criminal that heracross didn't make it in and would expect him in the next one. not sure what group i'd put him in though, maybe just standard
>>
>>25620065
>2 Pikachus
>2 Mewtwos

Who fight completely differently. We're talking about uniquess in fighting style.
>>
>>25620082
Still doesn't make up for the fact that they gave the most overrated gen (which, even without edge lord and lucah would have the most.) have two of the same pokemon, yet 3 out of the 6 gens only have one playable pokemon is fucking unforgivable.
>>
>>25620082
No. We're not. We're talking about uniqueness in design. If you honestly couldn't understand that gripe from the original criticizing post, then you're a mongoloid.

On another note, they could've just given those fighting styles to different pokemon. PLibre to Hawlucha and Black Mewtwo to maybe Hoopa. That would easily balance out the Gen 6 portion of it, but instead they fucked it up.
>>
POWER: Heracross, Abomasnow, Thundurus-I
TECHNIQUE: Bisharp, Frogadier, Thundurus-T
SPEED: Mienshao, Virizion, Baltoy
STANDARD: Scizor, Togetic, Medicham
>>
>>25619948
all i want is zoroark, if only to see what it would look like in pokken's artstyle
oh and i would probably main it too, seeing as it's my favorite pokemon no furry tho
>>
>>25620138

Hoopa is like 20 fucking feet tall, and Shadow Mewtwo isn't so much a character as he is a boss that can be played as.

As for Hawlucha, it doesn't have any electric powers, so no, it can't fight the same way Libre does.
>>
>>25620224
oops forgot to say he would either be speed or technique
>>
>>25620222
The Thundurus are the same fighter, BTW. He switches between forms for his burst attack. You can choose which form you start with on the fighter select screen.
>>
>>25620225
>implying they couldn't just give PLibre's set to another electric type
>implying they also couldn't just change the electrical particle effects to flying type moves for Hawlucha
>implying that just because Hoopa isn't a good fit, that it HAS to be shadow mewtwo with that moveset

Nice one f a m
>>
We'll probably get all 3 Burmys, all 3 Wormadams, and the other Pikachu forms. Maybe another Charizard, Mewtwo, or Goodra for fan service.
>>
>>25619948
>zoroark
>heracross
>hitmonchan
>aggron
>samurott
>empoleon
>pinsir
>mr mime
>xerneas
>>
File: Dewott-Adventures-Manga.png (73 KB, 329x269) Image search: [Google]
Dewott-Adventures-Manga.png
73 KB, 329x269
I'd enjoy seeing Dewott get in if they don't want to try animating Samurott. The Oshawott line doesn't seem to have a positive theme around it like the other five water starters do.
>>
Pinsir
Hitmonlee
Hitmonchan
Electivire
Drapion

>>25620645
Good stuff here
>>
>>25620681
>The Oshawott line doesn't seem to have a positive theme around it like the other five water starters do.

Huh?
>>
Standard Type
Lopunny
Toxicroak

Power Type
Rampardos
Donphan
Eelektross

Speed Type
Scizor
Greninja

Technical Type:
Zoroark
Volcorona
>>
>standard
Mew

>power
Snorlax

>speed
Lopunny

>technical
Vespiquen
>>
>>25619948
Honestly, this game will get couple more mons. 16 is way too small for any modern fighting game, looking at you SFV.
Rmember how the arcade version currently is lacking both meowtwos, garchomp, chandelure, and braixen?
They will reveal at least one more mon at E3, I am sure this will end with at least 20
>>
>>25623013
Nah, it will be at Evo, with the people who actually care about the genre watching.
>>
>>25623013
>16 is way too small for any modern fighting game

There is no standard for how many characters a fighting game has to have. The first BlazBlue only had 6 fighters, yet it still received critical praise.

Around 16 is the norm unless you're Smash, Tekken, or Street Fighter. Those series have been going for decades, and have built up a large roster through numerous sequels, and being able to reuse assets from previous games.

This is a new IP where everything has to be made from scratch.
>>
>>25620269
I don't even care how fucking ridiculous it would look, I would love for Electrode to be in this.
>>
>>25623020
>it will be at Evo
I doubt it, since they won't be able to showcase the character during the tournament; when Lucas got announced to return to smash they wanted to ban him from evo because he was "too new to let players learn how to use him." it'll probably be after, to bring people back in

Blaz Blue has 19 characters now, and it was a completely new franchise
Yes, Pokken wants to be up to par with those 3 franchise to be precise, and they DO have the characters to add a larger number of characters into it. Also, the roster is extremely unbalanced: one Pokemon from 5 and one from 6. From a marketing point of view it makes little to no sense to have almost no of the newest, most recognisable characters.
And if you see what I said, I said that I think it'll have probably at least 20 characters, which I think will be around 22.
We don't know if we will have a new Pokken, and if we do it will for sure not be in the Wii U.

I believe that right now they are just letting people get used to the game before adding more characters, the same way they did the arcade.
>>
>>25623116
>Electrode to be in this.
It is in, it is an assist. It got released along farfetch'd when scpetile made it in
>>
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 600x600
>Obvious Picks
Zoroark (Standard)
Feraligatr (Power)
Sableye (Speed)
Alakazam (Technical)

>Personal Picks
Excadrill (Standard)
Aggron (Power)
Crobat (Speed)
Magnezone (Technical)

I'd be fine with either one really.
>>
>>25623146
If the feedback pre-Evo is positive in regards to the technical potential of Pokken, they'll at least reveal DLC plans there. The representation from the Early Access Invitational was already extremely Weavile/Blaziken heavy, they'll need to throw some wrinkles into the gameplay soon enough.
>>
>>25623184
>in regards to the technical potential of Pokken, they'll at least reveal DLC plans there
I can see this happening.
Has Nientendoh ever announced anything at Evo?
>>
>>25623219
No, but that's because Nintendo has only recently (read: when Smash 4 came out) started sponsoring Evo.

It could go either way, really. I don't see E3 being a great platform for Pokken DLC because the company has a massive amount of other information, like Zelda, NX, and (potentially, though not as important) Sun and Moon. They will want to show new material at their kiosks, not an updated build of an old game. We didn't see Smash 4 at E3 last year.
>>
>>25619948
Do the fighting style categories even mean anything or are just there for flavor?
>>
>>25623267
True that, true that. If Nintendo tries to make Pokken their next evo game, I can see this happening
>>
>>25623350
Honestly, it's more EVO viable than Smash Bros is. It's got an arcade version for testing and feedback, and matches end much faster and have far more comeback potential.

Splatoon's making huge waves in Japan for their eSports competitions. Least they have the decency to release patch notes.
>>
File: image.jpg (123 KB, 942x943) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123 KB, 942x943
>People are this surprised that a game that was primarily designed for arcade machines isn't as 1;1 as it should be.

I'm not saying the Gamepad shouldn't have been able to play it in 60 FPS anyways, but come on, Namco are the ones that even designed it to be like this. Hell, the reason the game only even got a port because it didn't rack in the dough as much as they wanted it to.
They most likely had no intention to even consider a Wii U release by the time it was being developed.
>>
Unrelated, but I'm loving the sheer asshurt this game causes in the FGC
>>
>>25623440
Pretty sure Harada stated in one of the interviews that the Wii U version was planned from the start.
>>
>>25619948
Contrary to /vp/'s bitching, this roster as is is pretty good for a first in the series. As a long time fighting game fan, it feels like a treat to see such variety already.

I think no matter what they do, people will bitch. While I think Libre and Shadow Mewtwo were non-ideal choices, theyre really just a scape goat for people to point out and whine "waah, my bro :(((".

Anyway, 8 is a good amount for a roster expansion, something I can see happening. on a purely subjective note, the pokemon I'd like to see:

>Standard
Salamence
Gallade

>Power
Scizor
Hydreigon
Metagross

>Speed
Zoroark
Greninja

>Technical
Bisharp

Pretty much anything they add from here on would be good though.
>>
>>25623479
>>Power
>Scizor
Honestly, I'd like him for speed. I think it'd be cool to have him be extremely fast
>>
>>25623488
Scizors kinda weird. Its stats would suggest power, but it can kinda fit into most.

With the way Pokken works, though, the stats aren't mutually exclusive. Charizard and Garchomp are both power types, but they have fantastic mobility options and frame data. Mewtwo's standard, and probably one of the fastest in the game.
>>
>>25623488
He's not though.
>>
>>25623499
Not him, but Scizor's raw stats don't indicate speed, no, but those dont always match up. Scizor's often protrayed as being agile. Libre shouldn't be in Speed, with Mewtwo, Gengar and possibly Garchomp then being put into that category instead.

Pokemon don't translate super well into pigeonholes like that.
>>
>>25619948
>Speed
Scizor and greninja
>technical
Hydreigon and Zoroark
>Power
Swampert

I only like 1 of the 5 i suggested but it just make sense to add them in
>>
>>25623498
>the stats aren't mutually exclusive
I can see that.
I just think that speed scizor would be cool because of being able to do air combos with him would be cool.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.