[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would Bird-type be any different from Flying-type?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: 1414279079037.png (247 KB, 538x500) Image search: [Google]
1414279079037.png
247 KB, 538x500
How would Bird-type be any different from Flying-type?
>>
>>25619438

They wouldn't be any different, the only reason they went with "flying" over "bird" is because bugs, clouds, cotton spores, air, and other such things can fly too, not just birds.
>>
Because then they would only give it to birdlike pokémon, and not to bats, bugs and balloon.
>>
>>25619438
Hoothoot and Noctowl would still be Flying Type.
>>
Scyther, Aerodactyl, Butterfree, Zubat, Dragonite.

All from Gen 1
>>
File: 1382932117019.jpg (57 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1382932117019.jpg
57 KB, 700x700
>>25619524
>>
File: cory.jpg (118 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
cory.jpg
118 KB, 612x612
>>25619547
>>
>>25619438
bird type would mean exclusively birds
Butterfree is not a bird, Dragonite is not a bird
they fly instead, but are not birds
>>
Better question is what the differences in type effectiveness would be. Flying is neutral to bug, bird is super effective against bug.
>>
>>25621262
I'd like to know this too.
>>
>>25619438
Because Flying-type can refer to things like tornadoes and wind spirits rather than just birds.
>>
>>25621656
>implying tornadoes can fly
>>
Quite simple: Gen I implemented the Bird type as the Flying type at first but then would be removed for the latter as a way of giving Flying to non-bird Pokemon like Charizard and Dragonite, and later Noctowl and Jumpluff. Gen I has them be similar to the ??? type in that it's neutral to everything offensively and defensively

Most important thing, however, is we don't see the Flying type as a bird type, but rather the Normal type be the birds gifted with the capabilities of flight. This is why no Pokemon was pure-Flying until Tornadus, who represented the element itself without being based on something else

If there were more wind elementals, there would be more mono-Flying types
>>
Blaziken would be retyped as Bird/Fighting
>>
>>25622056
>not Fire/Bird

It's the FIRE start. No way it's dropping its Fire-typing.
>>
>>25619438
Missingno is Bird type. Look it up, it's not Flying, it's Bird.
>>
>>25621695
I feel Swablu should've been pure Flying. It felt more like a wind elemental and not just a bird.
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 616x508) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 616x508
>>25621695
>Noctowl
Poorly concealed and too late, fucboii.
>>
>>25619438
All the Normal/Flyings would be Bird/Flying, except Doduo/Dodrio who would be pure Bird. Most other birds would probably be OtherType/Bird like Dark/Bird Murkrow and Fire/Bird Moltres/Ho-Oh/Talonflame.

Bird would probably be super effective to Bug and Water and weak to Rock while Flying becomes neutral to Bug and Rock.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.