[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will the nolstalgiafags get worse?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
File: black-white-starters.jpg (25 KB, 450x205) Image search: [Google]
black-white-starters.jpg
25 KB, 450x205
We've seen it all. 6 or so years ago, we had everyone constantly screaming about Hoenn and how it was the best gen. And now, we have people screaming about how Sinnoh is the best gen. You may be annoyed with it now, but what will happen in a couple years once the people who have nostalgia glasses for gen 5 start coming on this board? Don't get me wrong, I probably like gen 5 better than 4, but I feel like every new generation becomes more and more entitled and cancerous. So, /vp/, who will be more annoying? The Sinnoh nostalgia fags, or the Unova nostalgia fags?

gen 4 had gameplay worse than 1.
>>
Unovabortions are already the most cancerous group on /vp/.
>>
Hoenn is the best gen.
>>
I would actually love if we got b/w3 and finish the Tao dragon. The only part of unova I really hated was the starters so I'm ready
>>
>Gameplay worse than gen 1
Now you're just being contrarian
>>
>>25619435
Hoenn gets unfair hate because most casual fans stopped playing Pokemon around that time.

Prove me wrong niggas.
>>
>>25619435

We won't notice because most of us won't be here anymore.

It's the same thing that happens in the Zelda fanbase. The fans who grew up with Ocarina of Time got old and left, and the fans who grew up with Wind Waker/Twilight Princess replaced them.

By the time Gen 5 nostalgiafags start popping up, most of us will have jobs, wives, and/or children and stop coming here.
>>
Been playing since gen 1 and Platinum has been my favorite game, also I didn't care for gen 3 and was disappointed ORAS couldn't change my mind. Would love a remake but I won't be heartbroken if it doesn't happen.

Meanwhile gen 5 was ok.
>>
>>25621200
The most real post on this board. Good job.
>>
>>25621200
I already have a career, and have no hope of ever getting married.
>>
>Gen 4 had gameplay worse than 1

objectively wrong
>>
>>25621200
That's the single most down to earth thing I heard on /vp/
>>
>>25621200
On the downside, it'll be a bittersweet thing to see fellow pokemon fans pack it in. I'd would atleast like to see myself continue being a fan for a few more years.
>>
>>25619435
Gen 5 had the shittiest starters, but best story and all new Pokemon. I hated Unova at first, because the desert just sitting in the middle of two huge cities and a forest just seemed unnatural, but Kalos was a literal circle with no post-game.
>>
Uggghhh. Gen 5 was the worst

Emolga is the only good thing about it
>>
>>25621405
>Gen 5 had the shittiest starters
That's not how you spell Gen 2.
>>
>>25621611

Literal shit taste bro.
>>
>>25621611
Typhlosion is possibly the best starter ever. Gen 2 was the last gen to have three genuinely great starter lines. Gens 3 and 4 had maybe two each... Gens 5 and 6 would be lucky to have one good line between them.
>>
Gen 5 is the best Gen and I've been playing since Gen 2's debut in NA. Gen 4 is a close second.
>>
>>25619435
Gen 4 was trash, in a deep frozen bog in hail, on top of a mountain of tms. Gen 5 deserves respect for being a better game

Honnen was a legit good game (at the very least emerald) and gen 2 was my first (loved the shit out of it)
>>
I haven't played since DPP, so the idea of people being "nostalgic" for Gen 4 is completely foreign and ridiculous to me.
>>
>>25619435
>It's a Gen War episode again in which people have no idea what they even like or can get beyond the pole up their ass to appreciate anything else.
>>
File: 443925830258934.jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
443925830258934.jpg
17 KB, 480x360
>>25621668
>literally a wingless Charizard
>best starter ever
It isn't even close to being the best Fire starter.
>>
File: with it.jpg (55 KB, 540x406) Image search: [Google]
with it.jpg
55 KB, 540x406
>>25619435
>>25620429
>>
>>25621405
>best story
Hilarious.
>>
Johto is best gen

HG/SS is the Magnum Opus of the franchise.

Colosseum gets points for featuring mostly Johto mons
>>
>>25619435
>we had everyone constantly screaming about Hoenn and how it was the best gen.
Hahahahaha
Seriously though no one thought it was the best. Hoenn was always just there until the pattern fags went for it.

In any case it's already started, the Sinnohsperms have rolled in and now they're claiming every flaw as a non issue or that it added to the game.
>>
>>25622884
>HG/SS
>just a shitty, slower version of Crystal with a Safari Zone in Cianwood that has Pokemon you should have been able to catch earlier on in the firstplace that fixed no problems like level curve or Pokemon distribution of GSC
>Magnum Opus
Just play Crystal. Will never play HGSS again. Plus, you can use your Crystal team on Stadium (the best post-game of anything ever).
>>
File: typhlosionsuicide.png (158 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
typhlosionsuicide.png
158 KB, 1024x576
>>25622065
>love Typhlosion
>from a competitive viewpoint this is completely undeniable
Just give it a fucking Mega already, or Earth Power, SOMETHING
>>
>>25622884
>HG/SS is the Magnum Opus of the franchise.
Anything that places gimmicks over real gameplay and forces arbitrary shit onto the player is bad.
>>
I don't really see nearly as much Sinnoh praise as I did for Hoenn. Maybe Sinnoh fans don't want the same fate as Hoenn fans.
>>
All this talk just makes me want to have a gen 4 game with all the regions in it :( or maybe just Kanto, johto, hoenn, sinnoh. That would be fun to do the national dex in
>>
File: 1450416975677.jpg (70 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1450416975677.jpg
70 KB, 500x500
TF2 is obviously the best gen.

Need I say more?

Obvious bait is obvious. Bored. Stirring up something more.
>>
>>25622934
Trust me, there's been much more Sinnoh praise than hoenn ever had here.
>>
>>25619435
>Implying this board doesn't already sing gen V's praises

wew

Guaranteed replies: the thread.
>>
I still don't understand how they fucked up a water samurai like that, great dishonor.
>>
>>25619435
>once the people who have nostalgia glasses for gen 5 start coming on this board?
but it's already like that
>>
>>25619435
I've been playing since Gen 1 and have always said that the Gen 4 games have the most complete Pokémon experience since even before /tr/.

Hoennbabbies are still and have always been cancer with a victim complex a.k.a. "it's not me it's them" (see >>25621190). Unovafags are just as bad.

>>25621405
All Pokémon stories are shit except for Red's because it's just an adventure instead of a ridiculous plot driven by idiot characters.

>>25621611
Step on a LEGO.
>>
>>25623373
>have always said that the Gen 4 games have the most complete Pokémon experience since even before /tr/.
Congratulations. You're one of those pretentious fucknuts that know nothing about Pokemon and the reason why gen 4 is the worst.
Even though you lot are in the minority you certainly are loud.
>>
>>25623385
Cry me a river.
>>
>>25619435
>gen 4 had gameplay worse than 1.
>actually being this retarded
>>
>>25621405
>Kalos was a literal circle
Unova was a literal circle. Kalos at least had you revisit Lumiose half way through. It was more like a figure of eight.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.