[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw injectionfags think there's any "joy"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9
File: 1422825967361.jpg (47 KB, 244x248) Image search: [Google]
1422825967361.jpg
47 KB, 244x248
>tfw injectionfags think there's any "joy" in not working for their pokemon
>>
File: spinda.gif (185 KB, 61x69) Image search: [Google]
spinda.gif
185 KB, 61x69
There's joy in not having to deal with IV bullshit or soft-resetting for good natures/abilites

Anything else is an unnecessity
>>
>>25619370
Different strokes for different folks. If you love competitive breeding good, but dont try to force it to people who prefers other methods, like this one >>25619402
>>
There isn't. Biking left and right for hours and hoping RNG gives you what you want isn't rewarding at all. It would only be rewarding if involved any amount of actual skill on the player's end.
>>
File: CbKKwu8XEAAtW2t.jpg (89 KB, 625x833) Image search: [Google]
CbKKwu8XEAAtW2t.jpg
89 KB, 625x833
the only way to truly befriend your pokémon and get the joy out of being with them is to take them on a long journey, get them through the 8 gyms and win the elite four with them
i hate you bikefags and injectorfags, you don't understand pokémon
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 640x960
>>25619962
Patience and persistence are skills, dingus. Git gud
>>
>>25619370
Building different spreads is already working on your pokemon
>>
>>25619990
When patience and persistence reward you the same thing as something done in a second, they aren't good rewards
>>
>>25619990

>what's that guy doing, mom?
>he's been soft resetting for days, not eating or sleeping, so he can get a pokemon with a certain set of stats
>why wouldn't he just inject it? that's what I did
>well honey, when you have nothing else to be proud of in your personal life, succeeding at the imaginary uphill battle that is pressing left and right on a D-Pad while rolling the dice is very rewarding
>oh, now i see mom
>>
>>25619983
Casualfag detected
>>
>>25619370
If I wanted that kind of joy I'd start a save file and play through the story. Breeding for perfect IVs just to battle online is absolutely tedious.
>>
File: 1368083-mewtwo_clones[1].png (411 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
1368083-mewtwo_clones[1].png
411 KB, 720x404
>hackerbros
>just make the Pokemon they want and they make it their bro for life so nobody has to suffer
>actually spend their time practicing their battling and teambuilding skills

>breederfags
>their lives are so demeaning they need RNG to give them joy and they release hundreds of helpless level 1 Pokemon out in the wild to inevitably end up as food for predators
>waste all their time just getting the pokemon for their team while everyone else is actually battling
>>
>>25619370
I only used it once to recover some pokemon I lost long ago.
>>
File: 1458188515236.jpg (35 KB, 295x300) Image search: [Google]
1458188515236.jpg
35 KB, 295x300
>>25620099
/thread
Spending days or weeks to make what people inject in seconds is actually pathetic. But no one's going to stop you.
>>
>wanting be good at the game
>but not wanting play the game
>>
File: 1446866696504.jpg (359 KB, 1008x708) Image search: [Google]
1446866696504.jpg
359 KB, 1008x708
>>25619990
Don't work hard, work smart.

That being said I lost the ability to inject thanks to softbricking while downgrading, I'm going to buy OoT and a powersave to fix that though.

>paying to inject

It's paying to downgrade, I'm going to do it one day I don't care how many bricks it takes.
>>
>>25620450
>All Pokemon are created equal
>Except those without 6 IVs and shit natures/abilities

Gen III made the battle mechanics more interesting at the cost of making Pokemon feel less like living creatures that you can reach the full potential of, and more like power levels
>>
I bought Cubic Ninja today so that I can :^) forever. Enjoy biking sim, ladies.
>>
>>25620563
Gen 1 and 2 also had EVs and IVs.
>>
>>25620517
Are you on the injector side? Because injectors ARE actually playing the game battling with their already made team while breeders spend all that time just getting the fucking IVs.
>>
>>25620589
>Injectors are playing the game while the Breeders are playing the game
>>
>>25620587
I don't bring up EVs because EVs still represent what Pokemon can be about: Your bro being trained in whatever way you want it to be. That's fair, it's also fair that the white punching bag exists

Gen I and II IVs weren't as complex as III onward, but they still continue to exist as nothing more than to belittle the Pokemon you trained so hard for by saying they aren't perfect

The Personality number for shit like Spinda or Hidden Power are all that's necessary. Really the IVs are the only thing that ruin Biking Sim for me, otherwise I'd suggest it to be a viable alternative to injecting. Shinies mean nothing
>>
>>25620599
>thinks bike simulator is a game
Just go play EVE online.
>>
>>25620669
>thinks the game is the game
yes
>>
File: skeleton riding bike.jpg (48 KB, 640x487) Image search: [Google]
skeleton riding bike.jpg
48 KB, 640x487
>>25620599
They're riding around in a circle for hours on end. Half the time, they're not even watching the game, they just hold the button while they do something else. Can you honestly call that 'playing the game'?
>>
>>25620683
I'm just saying, EVE online has a much better bike simulator experience.
>>
>>25620694
I ain't doubting that. That's not related AT ALL though.
>>
>>25620650
>Gen I and II IVs weren't as complex as III onward.

That's not really true though. The only difference is you have less range, so I guess you have a higher chance to randomly get a perfect Pokémon, but I don't think that makes enough of a difference to be noticeable in the scheme of "my bro isn't as good as a genetically engineered bro." In fact, despite natures and IVs existing, I'd say it's easier to get a perfect Pokémon just because you can breed, instead of having to pray for a good one in wild encounters.
>>
>>25620685
>they just hold the button while they do something else
Please. I stick a penny under the circle pad.
>>
>>25621174
i.e. you're not playing the game

nice anon
>>
There's no joy in either, it's just so stupidly easy to breed decent pokemon there is no "need" for hacking it.
>>
What's /vp/'s opinion on injecting event mons that you missed out on
>>
>>25621436
I think it's fine, but I think injecting anything is fine.
>>
File: .png (110 KB, 237x240) Image search: [Google]
.png
110 KB, 237x240
>see this thread at page 5 or so and only the spinda-guy reply
>come back, some retard bumped it and /vp/ takes the bait

Bravo retards.

>>25620546
>he didn't downgrade while 10.3 was the latest firmware
>he didn't format his 3DS to guarantee the downgrade wouldn't successful at this one-shot scenario

Now that you're forced to use OoT, at least try to do it before 10.8 (it could come out the next monday but I doubt it, but it won't survive this month.

>>25620576
I hope you're on CFW as well or else you're also a retard. Less of one, but still.

>>25621436
>event mons that you missed out on

You mean events that only the gooks have access too? Of course. Even better when they have exclusive moves and are legal on competitions.
>>
>>25621724
*the downgrade would be successful
>>
>>25621724
>he didn't downgrade while 10.3 was the latest firmware

Yes, I was an idiot for waiting for my 32GB SD card to come in.

>he didn't format his 3DS to guarantee the downgrade wouldn't successful at this one-shot scenario

Yes, I was an idiot for not doing that. Does downgrading really guarantee it? The reason I didn't was because I was afraid it wouldn't work and I'd lose all my games. Hopefully OoT comes in the mail before it gets patched.
>>
>>25621899
As long as it doesn't freeze during the downgrade part (which is rare, especially on O3DS), success is pretty much guaranteed. A softbrick after a seemingly successful downgrade is caused by incompatible data from the newer firmwares, and formatting gets rid of these.

This comes from personal experience too, I've hit a wall of softbricks because I was against formatting since I'd lose the save from a 9.6+ game (homebrew can't backup it) and other minor stuff such as losing my old FC and losing my Activity Log data. After I formatted it worked at first try. Same for a friend who hit the same problem and I was helping him.

We were at a comfortable position though since 10.3 was the latest firmware. You could be as well if they don't patch it this Monday, so you'd only format as last resort.
>>
>>25621955
Thank you for the information. I actually haven't ordered the Power Save yet, I know it's like an Action Replay, does the normal one allow me to edit my save in the way needed to downgrade or do I need the Power Save Pro?
>>
>>25621968
I don't know about that. You're supposed to just import the hax'd save into the cart.
>>
>>25619370

> the joy in resetting over and over again
> the joy of running around constantly spending hours on eggs
> the joy of never being able to have a legendary with competitive stats
> the joy of anything that requires hidden power
> the joy of having to start over completely if you want to change 1 move
>>
>>25619370
Injecting objectively ruin pokemon.
It's no longer your creature.
It's no longer unique.
One of the main factor of any RPG "fun" is the stuff you get for what you have worked on.

People that inject live a superficial life.
>>
Forcing incest in order to create "the perfect specimen"

I'm not fucked up enough to find that totally normal so I'll just inject, thanks
>>
The problem is people view Pokemon as pure battling and forget that obtaining the Pokemon in the first place is a core aspect of the series.
>>
>>25624410
I don't see why these people don't just use showdown where there is equal opportunity for overpowered broken pokemon instead of curbstomping all the poor kids who don't really know what they're doing using legitimate pokemon
>>
>>25622291
>never having a legendary with competitive stats
Soft resetting and Super-Training, you autist
>>
>>25619370

There's joy in not wasting time out of my day to breed pokemon when I could be doing other things.
>>
>>25619370
>i enjoy wasting hours of my life moving a vitrual character back and forth in a virtual world and hopes that RNG gives me something i like
jesus christ how fucking patheatic can you get.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.