[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
friendly reminder that pokemon amie is going to be cut for gen 7
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8
File: sad-cat-.jpg (45 KB, 700x466) Image search: [Google]
sad-cat-.jpg
45 KB, 700x466
friendly reminder that pokemon amie is going to be cut for gen 7
>>
File: meloetta-pirouette.gif (95 KB, 59x89) Image search: [Google]
meloetta-pirouette.gif
95 KB, 59x89
Maybe they shouldn't have called it after a bad French pun. I was surprised it even made it back into ORAS

Maybe they'll cut it and replace it with a more in-depth version. It's definitely easier to mess around with models that'll last a lifetime than to create new sprites for personality
>>
Good thing gen 7 is at least 2 years away so there's time to enjoy it still
>>
>Didn't care about amie
>meanwhile trainer customization and Pokemon following you will never come back
>>
File: A_tiny_kitten.jpg (130 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
A_tiny_kitten.jpg
130 KB, 900x675
>yfw they remove megas
>>
>>25618688
>look ma i into a maymay
>>
>>25618672
>than to create new sprites for personality
?
>>
Wasn't it confirmed that they're going to be cutting some moves/abilities/items? I'm assuming only for Pokemon found in SM or else there would be compatibility issues between those and Pokemon sent to them from XY/ORAS from the Bank.
>>
>>25618904
Masuda said he felt it 'could' be done in an interview where he talked about why the games are being made so easy.
>>
>>25618672
The models are Wii/Wii U-quality when you view them in an external program, aren't they? I think they're going to stick with what they have for as long as they can.
>>
>>25618643
Will Sylveon be cut too?
>>
>>25618643
>game changing benefits
>sylveon
Amie isn't going anywhere
>>
>>25618887
he means, as in, creating a 'happy' sprite, a 'sad' sprite, etc. for every single pokemon. animating them like they've already done is exponentially cheaper and easier so everyone wins.
>>
>>25618929

Was Milotic cut out of BW or XY?
>>
>>25618943
>XY
Yeah.
>>
>>25618643
Thank god , amie was a shitty feature
>>
>>25618943
Removed as in you can't find it in the wild but not entirely removed from the game. The Prism scale is in XY and Feebas can be transferred so GF will just make an item or something for Eevee to evolve into Sylveon if they do remove Amie.
>>
>>25618643
The fact it returned in ORAS pretty much proves it's coming back.
>>
On the bright side if they do remove it Sylveon will get a less stupid evolution method hopefully.
>>
>>25619233
How is it more stupid than having to feed it a bunch of berries and then levelling it up or make it level up in a specific arbitrary location?
>>
>>25619243
Well to be honest I'm just getting sick in general of adding a new evolution method to a single Pokemon every generation. From Bulbapedo:

leveling up when friendship has reached a high level (220 or greater)
leveling up while holding an item
leveling up while knowing a certain move or a move of a certain type
leveling up in a certain location
trading the Pokémon
trading the Pokémon while holding an item
trading the Pokémon for specific Pokémon
using an evolutionary stone on it
leveling up with a certain Pokémon or Pokémon of a certain type in the party
leveling up while the 3DS is upside-down
level up or high friendship based on time of day
level up a Pokémon during certain types of weather.

It's getting a bit silly when you have Friendship and Happiness as separate stats.
>>
>>25619195
If anything they could just remove the Affection needed to get Sylveon and just have it evolve after learning a Fairy move, Eevee learns two through level up so that wouldn't be too hard to do. Or they could have it so you need a high friendship after it learns a Fairy move.
>>
>>25619287
>leveling up while the 3DS is upside-down
Fuck you that's awesome.

>leveling up when friendship has reached a high level (220 or greater)
That's just a stat to grind and yeah it's kind of annoying.

>trading the Pokémon
>trading the Pokémon while holding an item
>trading the Pokémon for specific Pokémon
Those are annoying since gen 1. Although the last one was rather flavorful.

>leveling up with a certain Pokémon or Pokémon of a certain type in the party
>level up or high friendship based on time of day
>level up a Pokémon during certain types of weather.
>using an evolutionary stone on it
>leveling up in a certain location
>leveling up while knowing a certain move or a move of a certain type
>leveling up while holding an item
And all of these are fucking great.

Overall, I think you're just a lazy shit.
>>
>>25619557
Yeah so lazy I have a full livingdex, good one friendo. :^)

I'm sure you'll change your tune in Gen10 when you need to evolve a Pokemon during sleet on a Thursday while holding an escape rope at level 20 while the background music is playing a note at D# or higher while having 3 water and 2 ground pokemon in your party.
>>
>>25619638
Nope, that sounds like fun.
>>
>>25619195
Although Feebas and Milotic are not obtainable in XY, they both were in BW; you could catch them (both of them) on Route 1.
>>
>>25618856
>tfw you're a cute kitty
>>
They'll keep it until it's time to ditch the current models.
>>
>>25618643
Amie makes your guys godly powerful, overcoming illness and enduring the hardest of hits or avoiding them entirely by literally reading your mind

How do you guys feel about that?
>>
>>25619195
The original feebas evo method was still in gen five and XY you know.
Contest stats were hidden rather than removed so you could still evolve it via level up in those games if you transferred it.

In any case the Eeveelutions are mean to be a showcase of new evolution methods which is why they haven't been removed or retconned yet. Also considering Amie has player benefits and is a feature people have been asking for for years on top of having a large amount of time dedicated to it I doubt they're going to just do away with it, in fact they're more likely to add more.

Oh and before you say it RSE you were able to evolve Eevee into Umbreon and Espeon but it was removed for nostalgia reasons in FRLG.
Hgss also did away with location based evos for what I can only assume is the same reasons as FRLG bit they made a return in gen 5 and haven't left yet.
>>
>>25619638
>Yeah so lazy I have a full livingdex
Do you have one in every game or did you do it to save time in each subsequent game?
If it's the latter that's laziness.
>>
>>25620046
I caught as much as I could in each game I owned and transferred the rest. Transferring was pretty tedious and/or limited before Pokebank.
>>
>>25620244
So you did it so you didn't have to ever again.
>>
>>25620254
I'm not even sure what point you're trying to make at this stage unless it's how retarded one person can be. Am I supposed to catch more than the available Pokemon in a given game?
>>
>>25620350
You did it in order to be lazy anon. You can't use that as a point to show how lazy you aren't.
Also a living dex is easy to make.
>>
>>25618643
good
>>
File: MyCastle-000.jpg (167 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
MyCastle-000.jpg
167 KB, 1280x720
>>25618643
It was all Treehouse's fault.
>>
Nah, they put way too much resources and effort to drop it that quickly. It'll be back in some form, with new features, some reused assets, and a new name.
>>
I've only used it like once or twice. I really don't care.
>>
>>25618643
CAT
A
T
>>
I liked Pokemon Amie, but I wish the face-recognition worked better.

Do you know how many times I tried to smile for my Pokemon and it didn't work? How many times my Pokemon gave me the most disappointed look?

Maybe it's for the best...
>>
>>25623613
Worked for me and I'm not even asian.
>>
>>25618643

>no longer able to get funny faces from legendary pokemon of utter destruction

Wait, how confirmed is this?
>>
>>25618643
no, it wont

60% of x/y dev time was pokemon amie
>>
>>25619966
Feels pretty good when I'm trying to catch legendaries
>>
>>25620374
Not that guy but I'd stop and rethink your argument, because you sound really fucking stupid right now.
>>
>>25618939
Nope. They'll just change the evolution method. They've done it before with Milotic.

GF is always adding then removing features. Pokemonamie is one of them.
>>
I hope they remove the baby-easy mode breeding mechanics in the next game. Character customization should also be removed because I hear is people whining about it. They should also introduce exclusive Pokemon only attained through buying their amiibo model. Also, remove the IV judges, no one outside of extreme competitors cares, and it annoys casuals.
>>
File: cyn.jpg (21 KB, 375x210) Image search: [Google]
cyn.jpg
21 KB, 375x210
Nah. They gonna upgrade pokemon amie so it will be like this.
>>
>>25618672
>Maybe they'll cut it and replace it with a more in-depth version
lmao
You do know what developer we're talking about here, right?
>>
>Looks like same engine as X/Y.
>Amie animations must have taken a long while to make.
>Returned for ORAS.

This shit ain't going anywhere.
>>
>>25618904

Sugimori said they're considering cutting some obtuse mechanics in gen 7. I hope he was referring to I.V's.
>>
File: 1454372367838.jpg (218 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
1454372367838.jpg
218 KB, 1500x1500
>>25618643
Noooooooo
>>
>>25623727

He's thinks he's only pretending to be retarded.
>>
File: 298 - azurill.gif (59 KB, 33x72) Image search: [Google]
298 - azurill.gif
59 KB, 33x72
>>25627694
Everyone hopes that

He probably meant he was gonna cut Ice's resistance against itself though
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.