[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>new pokemon games are not bad , you just grew up !
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: 1449039178256.jpg (50 KB, 500x475) Image search: [Google]
1449039178256.jpg
50 KB, 500x475
>new pokemon games are not bad , you just grew up !
>>
>>25617428
But that's true you nigger the gen 1 games were utter trash and the mechanics made it piss easy.
>>
>>25617450
>I'm 15 years old and my first pokemon game was Diamond
>>
File: drinking-shih-tzu.jpg (286 KB, 450x700) Image search: [Google]
drinking-shih-tzu.jpg
286 KB, 450x700
Pokemon games were getting better and better until Gen 6 fucking ruined everything. Its an objective fact you cannot deny.
>>
>>25617480
This. Gen 6 is the only time where the game got worse. Even so, it was only in terms of difficulty that it got worse.
>>
>>25617428
>>25617476
Gen 1 Internet Defense Force please go
>>
>>25617428
>25617428
Gen 6 is the only bad one.
B2W2 were the best Pokemon games.

Also, Pokemon games were never hard, I fucking beat Red when I was 5, and even then I had an understanding of what stats and how cool stat boost moves did.
The thing is Gen 6 made and already easy game easy beyond fucking belief.
>>
File: 1331547761511.gif (1 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1331547761511.gif
1 MB, 480x270
>>25617428
>all pokemon games are good because GF puts effort into making them
>>
>>25617539
>you have to be a Genwunner to dislike Gen 6
>>
>>25617654
Did you even read the posts I was replying to?
>>
>>25617586
That used to be case until ORAS. Objectively wasted potential.
>>
>>25617428
Can't it be both?
>>
>>25617670
You mean DP.
Even ORAS had more effort put into it.
>>
File: 1365134039755.jpg (7 KB, 125x131) Image search: [Google]
1365134039755.jpg
7 KB, 125x131
>Pokemon games were always just as easy as gen 6 anon! You just grew up and got smarter! You growing up magically put the OP exp share and the free Lati@s and the free mega stones in the game!
>>
>>25617690
>a remake with close to a year of development is better than a whole new region
What the hell is this nigger smoking
>>
>>25617718
>A new poorly designed region with a story copied from the previous game with elements cut out and mechanics from that game cut out too
>only brought one new thing to the table
How anyone can think DP took effort is beyond me, fucking Sage has more effort put into it.
>>
The new games are shit because they are boring.

The last time Game Freak really dared to challenge their formula was gen 4, where we got physical/special, as well as the GTS and wifi battles, etc.

Gen 5 were decent games, but lack inspiring designs and lack anything which makes them notably different to gen 4. Gen 6 was built for children.

And whilst we're at it, Gen 4 was run on the slowest engine you can possibly imagine. Everything, from movement to battles takes fucking years.

Gen 3 was cute being on the GBA but was also full of shit.

You aren't a true pokemon fan if you've never experienced the hype around getting something like RBY and having it be so fucking different and new and innovative. Or at least getting GSC and getting the "holy fuck 16 badges" "holy fuck here is Red with 6 level 80s". Or the hype with getting pokemon 3D for the first time in stadium.

Just face it; unless you're at least 20 you don't really have a leg to stand on here. If Diamond was your first game then I've been playing for TWICE as long as you have. The new games aren't bad, but they aren't living up to the standards previous games have set.
>>
Pokemon was, is and will be forever shit.
>b-but new games are easier
Play red and tell me it's hard with a straight face
>>
>Gen 1: Buggy, archaic mess.
>Gen 2: Worst leveling curve in the series and possibly of all JRPG'S. Forgettable pokemon, two regions full of absolutely NOTHING.
>Gen 3: Blaring trumpets, infinite water.
>Gen 4: Extremely slow. Endless HM's, disgusting graphics
>Gen 5: Absolutely no new features worth mentioning. Easily the worst starters of all gens, Shitty attempt at a "Story" even more disgusting graphics.
>Gen 6: Shameless nostalgia pandering, technical issues, no endgame, Clearly rushed, an even worse "Story"

Face it, every generation is shit. Why do you faggots even play pokemon anymore?
>>
>>25617796
This honestly.
>>
I'll bite

Exactly what has changed that made pokemon games worse?
It's a fairly simple game, so it hasn't changed much since gen1, which of the few changes that were made, made it worse?
>>
>>25617797
>>b-but new games are easier

But they are.
>>
>>25617825
>Exactly what has changed that made pokemon games worse?
A lot of things but I can already tell you one thing: powecreep in form of megas.
>>
>>25617796
>The last time Game Freak really dared to challenge their formula was gen 4, where we got physical/special, as well as the GTS and wifi battles, etc.
How is that changing the formula when the game played out pretty much exactly the same way the previous one did when it came to the progression. The split did nothing to that.

The only games to change the formula were RSE for giving the game a story and reason to progress beyond completing the dex and Black and White.

As far as mechanics go gen 4 probably added the least with one. While gens 2 and 3 added the most.

Oh and Pokemon was never new and innovative unless you were a stupid kid.
>>
>>25617829
It's the same. You can practically ace the first gen games with Ekans/Arbok.
>>
>>25617838
Power creep existed in every generation anon. That's how pokemon works.
>>
>>25617882
And you can ace the gen 6 games with literally any Pokemon.
>>
>>25617816
Gen 3 Confirmed for best gen.
>>
>>25617894
You could do that in any gen. But because special was one stat you could sweep just about anything and everything with anything and everything unless it grossly out leveled you by a good 50 levels.
>>
>>25617797
What are you doing on here?
>>
>>25617796
>25617796
>so fucking different and new and innovative
Was it the only fucking game you had as a kid

>You aren't a true pokemon fan if you've never experienced the hype around getting something like RBY and having it be so fucking different and new and innovative. Or at least getting GSC and getting the "holy fuck 16 badges" "holy fuck here is Red with 6 level 80s". Or the hype with getting pokemon 3D for the first time in stadium.

RBY has fun, I really enjoyed playing agaisnt other people, but it was so fucking far from being the best game I'd ever played at the time.
And even as a little kid, I think I was 6 at the time, the 16 badges shit was a dissapointment, the Kanto region was so fucking empty and boring, but the gym battles were cool. I also hated GSC because i found out a bunch of cool pokemon I wanted, like Houndour, were find able only in routes in Kanto. I was so fucking stupid. They were new Pokemon, from the Johto region and yet I couldn't get them on my team because they're only in fucking Kanto. Also Stadium was frustrating, because you had to go through the finicky act of porting your Pokemon, because all the Pokemon had stupid as fuck move-sets.
>>
Is this the /vp/ shitposting general?
>>
>>25617943
Also, the best part about Stadium wasn't the Pokebattles, it was having 4 controllers and playing the mini-games with friends. The Metapod/Kakuna game was the shit.
>>
>>25617796
Nostalgia talks

I played R/B/Y when I was much younger and it is still compared to B2/W2.
>>
>>25617956
Is this the underagefags get butthurt that people are criticizing newer games general?
>>
>>25617956
Yes, welcome
Here you'll learn to be a cynic, and a contrarian.
All we ask is that first you learn how to be completely narrow minded, and that you don't leave the board, even though you actually have no place here anymore
>>
>>25617983
Screw you, you should never do anything just for nostalgia.
>>
>>25618069
Kanto sucks anon it is complete shit fo every other generation.
>>
>>25618027
>the newer games

>>25617797
>>25617816
>>
>>25618088
All the games are bad.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.