[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Pokemon that are trashcan get Megas >They either don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6
File: pidgeot-mega.jpg (34 KB, 300x244) Image search: [Google]
pidgeot-mega.jpg
34 KB, 300x244
>Pokemon that are trashcan get Megas
>They either don't solve their issues or are one trick pony shit like DUDE HURRICANE WITH 100% ACCURACY LMAO

>Good Pokemon get megas
>They get banned from competitive play

Megas were a mistake.
>>
Hurrican spam is good fag, get gud
>>
>>25616764
Megas are objectively great.
>>
>>25616764
Smogon isn't "competitive play". Why, you may ask? Because Sirlin was right.

Even taking Smogon into account, Garchomp's Mega was brought DOWN to OU. All because it made Garchomp go from being a speedy physical sweeper to a bulky wallbreaker.
>>
>>25616778
>>25616778
It's the same as Tornadus-T's schtick except M-Pidgeot can't go mixed and has a worse movepool

literally the only reason to use M-Pidgeot is the fact that it gets roost
>>
>>25616764
Megas arent banned, maybe in this Kanto competition but that's pretty much it
>>
The only good Pokes that got good megas outside legendaries are Lucario, Scizor and Salamence, so no, OP.
Go 'way.
>>
>Klingklang gets a Mega.
>But its movepool remains the same.

How mad would you be?
>>
File: kjhasfdk.jpg (145 KB, 500x688) Image search: [Google]
kjhasfdk.jpg
145 KB, 500x688
>>25616800

>getting triggered when someone refers to smogon metagames as "competitive play"
>>
>>25616810
>Megas arent banned

Kangaskhan, Blaziken, Gengar, Lucario, and Mawile all had their megas banned.

Rayquaza's mega was so retarded it got sent to a new dimension of banned.
>>
>>25616803
>is the fact that it gets roost
and that it actually hits his fucking attacks

the fact that it doesn't Hyper Voice is bullshit tho
>>
File: 1457366222221.jpg (271 KB, 791x822) Image search: [Google]
1457366222221.jpg
271 KB, 791x822
>>25616764
>>They get banned from competitive play
But they don't.
>>
>>25616832
Since GameFreak didn't do anything with Pigeot's shit movepool, I wouldn't be surprised. After ORAS its better to either have low expectations or just expect the worst.
>>
>>25616863
>hyper voice
Are you actually stupid?

You want a weaker move that hits less pokemon for SE damage, shares resists with Hurricane, and doesn't get a chance to confuse, it's only actual advantage being that it hits through subs?

I agree that mega pidgeot is good and that other guy is being the usual unintelligent memer who doesn't know shit about competitive, but this is a dumb post
>>
>>25616764
Mega Pidgeot literally only need Focus Blast to be really great.
it's a fucking shame, maybe in Sun/Moon they will remember like with Gyara and Crunch
>>
>>25616764
>He wants bottom of the barrel shitmons to have banned megas
>He wants OU mons that can hold their own to get unusable megas
The fuck are you even on about? Do you even know?
>>
>>25619817
There is absolutely no point for it to get it.
>>
>>25619087
Hurricane does already its job but i mentioned Hyper Voice just because you rarely find a pokemon that doesn't learn it through something but Pidgeot has to rely only on fucking Hyper Beam and Uproar
>>
>>25620190
That's not my point. Normal coverage and moves are generally awful especially for a Pokemon like Mega Pidgeot, who already can spam Hurricane and Heat Wave. Hyper Voice and Hurricane are both resisted by rocks and steels, but hurricane hits more things SE and confuses. Pidgeot doesn't need hyper voice, and giving it focus blast or something would make it retardedly good. It really is fine the way it is.
>>
>>25620263
i'm not saying that it'll be viable on it, i'm saying that it's stupid that it's got no good normal moves when they waste their shit like Boomburst on fucking Swellow
>>
>>25616764
>>Good Pokemon get megas
>>They get banned from competitive play

Yeah because mega garchomp is so fucking powerful.

>kangaskhan good
>mawile good
>salamence good

What the fuck are you even talking about? The exact opposite of what you said is true. The current balance PROVES that a base pokemon's strength has no bearing on how competitive its mega will be.
>>
>>25620287
Oh, I see.

Well, I'm fairly sure it was an oversight or the devs just thought it wouldn't matter a ton. Pidgeot was geared to bring a physical attacker before it got its mega anyway - I think they thought Hurricane and Heat Wave would be enough without having to add anything to Pidgeot's movepool.

I agree that stupid shit like Boomburst on Swellow is retarded, though.
>>
>>25620055
>He doesn't like the current formula of creating megas, therefore he wants the other extreme instead!
Are you retarded? Have you ever heard of a thing called balance? You should work for GameFreak.
>>
>>25620466
>Waaaah pidgeot doesnt get blizzard focus blast and Zap cannon!
>Waaaah I can't deal wtih mega garchomp pls ban!
>Waaah this meta isnt balanced!
Is all I hear from you
>>
>>25617193
Did any Pokemon get movepool changes in ORAS, outside of the tutors and legendaries?
>>
>>25620481
>Waaah!
You must be at least 18 to post here, kid.
>>
>>25620505

Yes, several. Hoenn starters for sure.
>>
>>25620055
They already helped a few shitmons get really good Megas. Charizard, Lopunny, Glalie spring to mind immediately.

I mean, if you ever told me in gen V that Mawile would belong in an Ubers team, I would have laughed.
>>
>>25620505
I know Blastoise got a bunch of launcher moves like Aura Sphere.
>>
>>25616764
Kangaskhan was Trashcan, now it is a god.

Mawile was Trashcan, now it is a god.

Garchomp gets a mega, no one uses it, it's pretty cruddy since it lost speed, one of Garchomp's key stats.

Latios gets a mega, no one uses it because Life Orb or Soul Dew are better in almost every way.

The only real 1 trick pony megas were Pidgeot and Bannette. Steelix and Audino are the only real crappy ones that don't solve any problems, but even those can be made good with some support. Otherwise, most crappy pokemen that get megas are vastly improved.
>>
File: Thatcher pepe.jpg (182 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Thatcher pepe.jpg
182 KB, 1024x768
>>25616834
>Implying that wanting to do the whole smogon metagames thing isn't just as autistic as getting triggered by them
>>
>>25620263
See >>25620089
>>
File: 129 - magikarp.gif (53 KB, 58x60) Image search: [Google]
129 - magikarp.gif
53 KB, 58x60
>>25620771
>Playing competitive Pokemon in the first place
>>
>>25620784
>Playing pokemon at all
>>
>>25616851
mega kang ban is justified
mega blaziken doesn't count because normal blaziken is uber to begin with
mega gengar ban is justified
mega lucario and mega mawile i think could be retested
>>
>>25620805

>Being aware of Pokemon at all
>>
>>25620840
>Being aware
>>
>>25620867
>Being
>>
>>25620878
>
>>
>>25620888
>>
>>25620773
Oh shit, a guy who agreed with what I said! What's your point?
>>
>Pidgeot doesn't learn Sing
>Only a Gen III event Pidgeotto (which isn't usable in online due to muh pentagon) has Sing
>Pidgeot still has the same awful movepool (Hurricane, Heatwave, and Tailwind I guess?)
>>
>>25620055
>>>He wants OU mons that can hold their own to get unusable megas
But M Garchomp is trash, waste of a mega slot and scarf chomp is better.
>>
>>25619817
Focus blast or a sleep move.
>>
>>25620632
I know, which is why OP's post was bullshit
>>25620991
True, but I wouldnt go so far as to call it unusable
>>
>>25616764

>How all Megas should have been implemented.

Adjusting Stage 3 Pokemon for Power Creep by making them viable again or giving a pokemon an alternate playstyle.(mega beedril, mega slowbro, mega sableye, mega charizard, etc)

>how most megas were implemented
giving already good Pokemon or a pokemon that can still evolve a blatantly superior alternate form or are blatantly broken (Mega Mawile, Mega Salamence, Mega Pinsir, Mega Lopunny, etc)

Gamefreak should have done more of #1 and less of #2
>>
>>25616803
You're an idiot. Go away.
>>
>>25620710
>>25620710

Mega Garchomp's ability is ass in most cases. If it got something like Intimidate or got a unique ability like a special version of Intimidate, it could be used as a defensive pivot/wallbreaker.

Same thing with Mega Lati@s, just needs a better ability.
>>
>>25616764
>They get banned from competitive play
Uber is a legitimate tier of competitive play. I don't get why everyone acts like going to Uber is getting banned.
Only one to get banned in any sense is Mega Rayquaza, being pushed to his own tier. Which I still think is a little silly, because from my experience Mega Salamance is just as, if not more threatening.
>>
File: Pidgey.full.1506314.jpg (136 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
Pidgey.full.1506314.jpg
136 KB, 750x600
>>25620976

I've still never seen a source on this event Pidgeotto.

Gamefreak's primary concern in move distribution is thematics. Pidgeot is not a songbird, it's a raptor. It doesn't learn a single sound move, except the typical Snore and Uproar, which pretty much everything learns.
>>
>>25621638
>Mega Salamance is just as, if not more threatening.

Rayquaza was always a superior Salamence.

Now take Mega Salamence, but it hits harder, faster, gets all the beneifts of flying type without any of the weaknesses and can hold an item. That's what Mega Fug is.
>>
>>25621638
Mega Fug is just bullshit with all the new toys Pokemon has this day and age

It's the only thing on par with how unfair Mewtwo was, who was the originator of the original Uber back when that was considered banned. It wasn't until, ironically, Gen III when Uber became its own Meta instead of being the tier that locked away all the OP Pokemon
>>
>>25621679
>faster
Incorrect.
And that 5 does make a big difference. As a result, when the two dragons collide, Mega Salamance tends to come out on top.
>>
>>25621815
Difference: Mega Fug can Scarf
>>
>>25621815

Just because Megamence can beat Mega Fug in a hypothetical 1v1, doesn't mean MegaMence is better mon. Fug is still the best mega in the game.
>>
>>25620263
It also gets past subs. There would be reason to use hyper voice.

Also, you forgot about electric type.
>>
>>25616832
>movepool remains the same
>It gets Tinted Lens somehow

HEEERE WE GO BOYS
>>
>>25621914
I mentioned it could get past subs, read the thread. That's not a reason it would be run on mega pidgeot.

I did forget electric, somehow. Well, my only counter to that would be that the only strong electrics like M-Mane or Thundurus would still be too tough for Mega Pidgeot to handle even with Hyper Voice. Most of the time it's going to be U-Turning out into a counter.
>>
>>25620908
faggot
>>
>>25620976
pidgeott with sing would be broken you stupid niggers want way too much again
>>
>>25616764
>Pokemon that are trashcan get Megas
>either one trick ponies or DUDE BANNED TO UBERS LMAO

>good Pokemon get Megas
>either so marginally changed that they're a waste of a Mega or DUDE BANNED TO UBERS LMAO

>Pokemon that are Gengar get Megas
>"Celebrating 20 years of this franchise eating my entire asshole"

>Rayquaza
>Aaaaaaaaaaaa

Fixed
>>
>>25616851
They aren't banned. You can use them in the current competitions and tournaments. Only banned mons are mythicals right now.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.