[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What if instead of being assigned one of three starters at the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: Safarizone.jpg (2 MB, 1898x1899) Image search: [Google]
Safarizone.jpg
2 MB, 1898x1899
What if instead of being assigned one of three starters at the beginning of the game you had to catch a pokemon in the Safari Zone starting off and the first one you caught would become your "starter"
with rarer/better pokemon being either harder to catch or much further in the Zone so your time limit is stretched.

you couldn't return to the safari zone again until latter in the game of course and the initial possible pokemon you could catch would be different (only 1st stages or single evos)
>>
>>25616029
Nobody likes safari zones.
>>
>>25616037
it would make the start of the game more diverse though
>>
>>25616037
Only scrubs can't appreciate the safari zone.
>>
>>25616029
If we changed "safari" to "ranch" and left out the bullshit mechanics, this could be an interesting idea. But it would either be "choose whatever the fuck you want" or "we have some kind of shitty punishment to fuck you over", making it either redundant or pure shit.
>>
>>25616029
>grass on mountains
>walking on mountain tiles
>building on mountains

The mapper is shit
>>
>>25616067
the safari zone is fine
really what they need is a way to make it seem more "wild"
>>
>>25616180
No, the safari zone mechanics sucked.

>pokemon run away

This is total BS. I have played every safari, and all of them suck balls purely because of this. Whats the point in spending 30 mins looking for a 1%-5% encounter rate (or finding a shiny) only for it to run for literally no reason, making you have to waste even more time getting what you want (and is probably only for the dex, since most rare pokes aren't even that powerful in the safari.)

It is a nonsensical time waster that could be vastly improved on if anyone gave half a shit about it.
>>
>>25616227
would be better if you had "trainer health" and they could knock you out with you waking up back in the starting area (or rest station) by a game warden
>>
>>25616177
>The mapper is shit
Yeah that aside I would orgasm an routes this big and free roaming
>>
>>25616041
>diverse
the start needn't be diverse. Forced diversity doesn't make the game better.
See Super Mario Bros 2
>>
>>25616029
What if instead of being assigned one of three starter Pokemon at the beginning of the game, you had to play the slots and then buy a Pokemon with coins?

More powerful or rare Pokemon would cost more coins while weaker ones cost much less.
>>
>>25616029
That map is bad, and that idea is almost as bad.
>>
File: mhm.gif (1 MB, 245x280) Image search: [Google]
mhm.gif
1 MB, 245x280
>>25616041
>>
They should make a Pokemon game like Jade Cocoon where you actually have to physically beat the Pokemon you are going to catch into submission with your bare hands before you have any.
>>
>>25616029
It's been done. Ultra Violet did this and screwed with the file so you can't open the maps and crack open the scripts.
That map is all over the place. Good effort, ambitious, and retarded.
Also, Safari Zones suck dick. I'm making mine a regular zone but you have to pay for admission. Fuck time limits and artificial rarity.
>>
>>25616029
That's so painfully bad an idea for beginners it hurts.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.