[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WHY THE FUCK IS XERNEAS GEOMANCY+ITEM IN 1 FUCKING TURN ALLOWED
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: Speedio.gif (4 MB, 320x570) Image search: [Google]
Speedio.gif
4 MB, 320x570
WHY THE FUCK IS XERNEAS GEOMANCY+ITEM IN 1 FUCKING TURN ALLOWED IN RATING BATTLES?

>one of the strongest legendary boosts its 3 most important stats sharply in 1 turn. 1 of them being fucking Speed.

HOW IS THIS ALLOWED?

HOW IS THIS FUCKING BEATABLE?
>>
>what is phazing
>>
>>25615734
Git anything with Bullet punch, mega scizor maybe, and stop it from setting up retard
>>
>>
>>25615813
>cannot use Geomancy, since it's scarf
>Won't OHKO Xerneas
>Xerneas will be boosted next turn

wow, nice check
>>
>>25615734
It's only BS Special.
Which means you have two Pokémon that should, y'know, be able to suppress the threat a bit.
>>
>>25615824
I know you're baiting, but I'll reply anyway. Yeah, you lose a mon; you swap it in after it kills your lead and it copies pumped up Xern.
>>
Git _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________gud__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
>>
>haze
>clear smog
>taunt
>snatch
>knock off
>embargo
Git Gud
>>
I don't even mind the moveset it's when they give you a team that gets detroyed by it with no chance of victory.

>Turn one, my Speed Boost Yanmega vs opponents fucking lead GeoXern
>Gotta try to flinch it before it boosts, no switchins to a +2 Xern
>No flinch, Geo boost
>Yanmega goes down
>Rest of team gets summarily fucked by Moonblast/Thunder/Focus Blast coverage, none of which miss and a few of which proc secondary effects.

>Later on, now I have lead GeoXern vs some weakling
>Use Geomancy, opponent switches to Amoonguss
>Tfw no Psyshock
>Spores me after tanking the resisted hit, Clear Smogs me, switches to M-Scizor.
>>
I just had a random thought - what if they changed the team preview to each player chooses 3 pokes from the opponents team, both players use those 3 pokes (obviously the player that owns the pokes uses the 3 the opponent choose for them.)

How would it change the meta to have a hard limit on pokes (3) and have no control over what your team is, but full control over your opponents?

I can imagine all the new surprise sets, surprise leads, etc would completely change everything we know about meta battles.
>>
>>25616178
You should be able to ban 1 of the six your opponent has imo.

The fact banning doesnt exist in competitive pokemon is retarded.
>>
>>25615734
Prankster + Encore
The retard wastes 4 turns unless he switches out, and even then 2 turns are guaranteed since the Encore is gonna change his attack to Geomancy
If he does not switch out and you're stupid enough not to be able to KO the thing before the third Geomancy then you deserve to be swept
>>
>>25616107

randbats is fucking bullshit
>opponent gets bulky hazard setter
>have no defogger, no spinner, no taunter, nothing to KO it within more than a few turns
>now have 3 layers of spikes and rocks on my side

there's a million different iterations of this exact type of thing, and that's not to say that i don't get incredibly lucky too. randbats takes a game that's already burdened by heavy use of rng and makes it even more reliable on luck/chance. it's infuriating to play competitively.
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 960x864) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 960x864
>>25616865
>being this much of an assblasted smogonfag
>>
>>25615734
just use iron ball gyro ball Aegislash, Ferrothorn or some other steel meme to beat the Geomancy meme. Or trick room. Or haze. Or taunt. Or thunder wave it's sorry ass.

Quit being a little bitch OP and everyone else in this thread. This metagame is shit yet however, the same players win. Think about why that might be, and even big six loses often to other players using different things such as rayogre or dialga ogre or Groudon Yveltal.

Now here I'm no pro, but I see attitudes like yours everyday. It's fine to get memed on. Just learn from your loss and become a better player from it. Otherwise, you're wasting your time.
>>
>>25615912
all of these are valid answers except for snatch.
>>
>>25616178
this would be a cool OM, maybe you could suggest it in the showdown OM room or try to submit it on Smogon if you want to see it become a reality.
>>
>>25616870
not a valid answer ever since quick guard talonflame goes along to ensure you can't meme that way
>>
>>25616964

Learning from your loss and being a better player implies people should keep playing a fuckawful game instead of just playing something that isn't shit in the first place.

Also wanting better design and getting good at bad design are not mutually exclusive, it's totally fair to bitch about the game no matter your level of proficiency.
>>
have you considered y'know
using a xerneas yourself?
>>
>>25616979
You didn't specify format, just bring a Pokémon with Psych Up and copy Xerneas's stats
>>
>>25616991
define fuckawful though.

Consistency still exists within this metagame. As long as the good players are still winning, all is fair in love and war.
>>
>always run my brother Skarmory with Red Card + Whirlwind
>people always surprised its not Leftovers even though it's incredibly effective in Ubers and Monotype, my two main formats
You can either predict the setup and whirlwind their sorry ass away, keeping both your sturdy and red card intact, or set up rocks, survive the intended OHKO, and laugh as they're phased out anyway.
>>
>>25617000
>being a cancerous faggot

No

>>25617064
I love Skarmory, what do you mean set up rocks?

How can I with Skarmory needing to whirlwind?
>>
>>25615734
>guy sends out geomancy Xerneas
>Xerneas used Geomancy.
>Xerneas' Sp. Attack sharply rose.
>Xerneas' Sp. Defense sharply rose.
>Xerneas' Speed sharply rose.
>Rhyperior used Poison Jab.
>It's super effective!
>Enemy Xerneas fainted.
>>
>>25616107
You have to get good, seriously... It's your fault for using geomancy on the first turn without knowing the opponents team instead of switching and wasting it.
>>
>>25617198
>intentionally gimping yourself
if you do this, you have no right to complain, especially if you play in rating battles
>>
File: sugilel.png (87 KB, 377x336) Image search: [Google]
sugilel.png
87 KB, 377x336
>>25615734
>Whirlwind
>Circle Throw
>>
>>25617198
Use Stealth Rocks on a turn where you will survive a hit. Red Card will phase them out, so it's like SR + Whirlwind in one turn.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.